Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sidebottom 4 weeks, down to 3 with early plea

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidey will miss:
Melbourne - Who cares
Western Bulldogs - Who cares
Hawthorn - Big loss

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:00 pm

^ I'd be cautious of Melbourne. They step up for Queens birthday and and an upset isn't off the cards if we don't perform.

Play like we did on Friday and we're good... but some slip ups and it could be danger.

other's I agree.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:14 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Sidey will miss:
Melbourne - Who cares
Western Bulldogs - Who cares
Hawthorn - Big loss

Well how many be out for the Dawks?

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 pm

And according to the AFL website we've won 7 in a row?

Anyway. Opportunity arises for someone to step up.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:48 pm

No point appealing, would just cost us another week.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Sidebottom 4 weeks, down to 3 with early pleaReply with quote

Lazza wrote:
A bit worse than I expected (I thought 3 down to 2), but I reckon we should just suck it up and accept it..... Rolling Eyes

Yep. I thought we might have got two, especially given his excellent record.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:04 pm

What a disgraceful decision. 4 weeks..... for that.....? Come on. Two weeks max. No way is that worth 4 even with an early guilty plea of 3. MRP is a joke, yes the same joke that 'freed' Ablett's elbow.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:08 pm

As to who comes in for him, duh. Swan comes in. Thomas stays, that's flat. Then we have Ball and Grundy looking to return, with Adams and Witts looking to hold their spots.

There is zero chance they won't stick with Seedy now that he has demonstrated his credentials - Seedy and Young both playing wing/half-back just gives us awesome scoring power the way those two break the lines and pin-point it in low and fast.

In short, Dave the Man is right: Sidey won't be particularly missed. He does some great stuff but not consistently enough. JT will only get better and better with four games in a row; Seedy should be a lock be then, and Sidebottom might have to start back in the seconds and wait for a space to open up for him.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:17 pm

Take the 3 weeks and have only 19 carry over points.

The impact was impact given he effectively knocked a player out of the game within 6 seconds.

Disappointing for him, but it's not the end of the world.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Tannin wrote:
As to who comes in for him, duh. Swan comes in. Thomas stays, that's flat. Then we have Ball and Grundy looking to return, with Adams and Witts looking to hold their spots.

There is zero chance they won't stick with Seedy now that he has demonstrated his credentials - Seedy and Young both playing wing/half-back just gives us awesome scoring power the way those two break the lines and pin-point it in low and fast.

In short, Dave the Man is right: Sidey won't be particularly missed. He does some great stuff but not consistently enough. JT will only get better and better with four games in a row; Seedy should be a lock be then, and Sidebottom might have to start back in the seconds and wait for a space to open up for him.

Agree Tannin Swan in for Sidey and leave the rest alone unless we have other injuries (White may miss its his hand)
As for Sidey take the 3 weeks because if you miss 4 you might want to make friends quickly with the VFL coach because that's where you will be coming back through. If we beat the hawks (and right now they look beatable) then Bucks would be loathed to make changes.
Now before all the sidey fans get up in arms I've said for weeks now he isn't the same player he was last year. His consistency has dropped off.
When he is on (like quarter one last week) he is sensational after that (he had 11 touches in term one and 11 or 12 more for the remaining 3 quarters) he was quiet.
His disposal has been iffy for prolonged periods this year.
I couldn't see Bucks dropping him as I've said before but if we win the next 3 with him out then I don't think he automatically come back in like a Swan or Pendles or Beams would.
IMO I called 4 or 5 weeks down graded based on the fact he jumped, lifted his elbow and the player was subbed out. It looked a lot worse than it was but when you jump and elbow and a player missed the match basically you get what they throw at you.
No point in appealing there is no defense they will accept other than it is not in Sidey's game to do this.
Anyways time to move on and get ready for the Dee's they won't be a push over like the Aint's so I hope our players don't take them lightly or we may get a huge surprise.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Tannin wrote:

Love how you're sticking to your guns despite consistently being proven wrong over the last 2 years Laughing
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:20 pm

High impact for Sidey's bump is over the top.

Viney's bump and Glass's bump on Wingard were both classed as medium impact. Anyone with a functioning brain and two eyes that work would scratch their heads at the comparison with Sidey's 'high' impact.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:25 pm

I can't get my head around that being given 4 weeks after viewing the incident many times. Doesn't sit right. Bemused, to say the least.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:56 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I can't get my head around that being given 4 weeks after viewing the incident many times. Doesn't sit right. Bemused, to say the least.

It was a glancing blow on someone with a glass jaw. Much harder hits have been given two weeks or less this season. The sheer inconsistency of the MRP makes my blood boil.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:00 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
What a disgraceful decision. 4 weeks..... for that.....? Come on. Two weeks max. No way is that worth 4 even with an early guilty plea of 3. MRP is a joke, yes the same joke that 'freed' Ablett's elbow.

Exactly my point about the MRP inconsistencies. No, Gazza could not be suspended because he will win the Brownlow on votes, but just imagine if he was disqualified and then had to front up to present this year's winner (who happened to score less votes than Gazza). Embarrassment saved for the AFL. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: