Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies demolish Dees - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone forgot to give Dawesy the weather report....

images.jpeg

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Happy with the win.

Melbourne should be over in Brazil instead of the Socceroos. They may be in with a shot.

Loved Brian Taylor's effort calling Salem "Toumpas" multiple times (Toumpas didn't play) and then crisitising the umpire who called Grundy "Brodie Holland".

Missed some sitters in getable positions which was a shame after we had been pretty accurate over the last couple of weeks.

Last edited by Rick on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:49 pm

Ugly ugly ugly game. I'd forgotten how bad Paul Roos football is to watch. Pretty pleased with the effort overall. Restricted the Dees to only 2 more goals after they kicked the first in the opening minutes.

If Grundy had rucked like Jamar did today he would have been pinged about 30 times Confused
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:49 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Melbourne's kicking efficiency might have been better than ours-not sure about that. But you're not going to win too many games kicking the ball 20 metres sideways and backwards, which is what they did all day long.

Well, just my observation Doris, that i thought their players spotted up a team-mate on the lead better than we did for much of the day, going inside 50. It was only the superior efforts of Frost and co in our defense, that undid the contested-mark statistic for them. If they were kicking 20M sideways and backwards too frequently, then kudos to our backline and mids for blocking those spaces upfield.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:50 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Unless I missed something, Ball failed to have an impact when he came on.

11 touches and 2 clearances. Not bad work for a quarter and a bit Wink.

FWIW, the radio commentary (SEN) was of the view during the match that he turned the game our way whenever he went on the ball.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Paul Roos should never be allowed to coach a game of footy again! What an abomination!

With that said, with the game how it was; low scoring and hard to score, we thrashed 'em.

Got what they deserved!

$£$%^%%$ Melbourne City FC could have beaten Melbourne FC tonight, with 3 goals!

Last edited by Brenny on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:53 pm

worst game of footy all year, take the 4 points and move on
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 pm

What are AF points Donny?
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Melbourne kick 3 goals and "They'd be happy with the effort".

Geezuz, I'm glad I don't support them.

And their 1st goal was in the first 20 seconds of the game!!!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:27 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Unless I missed something, Ball failed to have an impact when he came on.

11 touches and 2 clearances. Not bad work for a quarter and a bit Wink.

And several crunching attacks on Melbourne players.
sidey 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Donny wrote:
DT56 wrote:
Good 4 points but wots with Swanny ??

What do you want ?

25 disposals, 7 marks, 6 tackles, no frees against, 114 AF points.

Time to load up on Swanny for most disposals next week. Probably get about 5 or 6 $

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
What are AF points Donny?

AFL Fantasy points.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:39 pm

You beat me to it Brenny, Roos should never be allowed to coach an afl game again!
There was only one team playing for 4 points today and the other team who wasn't should be on report to the MRP for shocking tactics and bad hair cuts.
Anywho good solid accountable defensive effort. We're proving hard to score against but still creating lots of opportunities to score. We looked solid without being brilliant but the opposition were stale. Credit to us for making them so.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:43 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Umpires robbed us! Roos robbed us with a shut down defensive grubby game! Melbourne fans are filth! Their women were covered in makeup that ran like a flooding yarra river ! Donuts from that van were rock hard! Beer was flat! Only happiness was the gay singing Vline conductor on the flyer back to Corio who supported the Pies! Got the 4 points so stop complaining and FFS move on ! Tonight I am getting wasted on Happy Hammond Rum watching the 1990 GF on my old VHS machine my daughter got me from the Lost Cats Home opp shop! Floreat Pica ! Bless PUP and Ricky
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 pm

John Wren wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
A very good win. The kind of win a premiership contender has.

They did what Roos' teams do: clog it up and prevent any fast scoring. And as always, especially against us, the fatal flaw is not being able to score enough themselves. We did a great job of putting some pressure on their little leadup passes and then making sure they had nowhere to go when they tried to go forward. End result: only 3 Melbourne goals.

In the end what we had was a percentage booster: 218%. Which is more like a 60-70 point margin.

Young was very good today. Best on field and his best game for the club. Brilliant run and some great foot skills.

Seedsman could have got more of the ball, but some of the runs he did provide were electric.

Cloke worked his way into the game and had a decent one by the end.

Grundy was excellent in the first half. Faded a bit but was far better than Witts who was ordinary.

Thomas acquitted himself better than Adams did last week after a shocking first quarter where he did not touch the ball. Finished with 20 touches. Only 1 clearance though, and I think the last two weeks have shown that Ball is still our number 1 primary extractor.

Actually our percentage only improved by around 3.5 this week compared to approx. 10.5 after last weeks 86pt victory.

Correct. Our percentage last week was 269. If we'd kicked a couple at the end we could have surpassed it, but had to be content with 218.

Of course, given our percentage already increased by 10.5 last week, even if we did better, in percentage terms this week (as we almost did), our overall percentage would not have increased by as much as it was coming from a higher base.

considering the round 1 belting from freo our defence has been outstanding. third best to date behind sydney and freo. this is the one area we really needed to improve this year. we'd be leaking like a sieve and particularly during red time.

today was a very solid effort and whilst not pretty one to take to the bank. we drop a game and we're back to the chasing pack.

All very true and it's been an excellent coaching job but ironically it's the opposite end of the ground now that's in need of improvement, the one area that IMO is holding us back.

Look at the hawks and they have 3 players within the top 10 goal kickers for the year, while we have none.

Port has the best percentage and second most points for while we have the 5th best percentage but only the 8th most points for at this stage.

In terms of actual personnel our forwards have been wildly inconsistent which is one problem but it's how we actually bring the ball forward and the very structure of our setup within f50 that needs improving with cleaner ball use and more leading targets an urgent necessity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: