Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Bombers thump Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

sidey wrote:
Essendon with a drug ban hanging over their heads. Pressure mounts from week to week. No end in sight.

Us.... our blokes are living the dream with f/all to lose. too comfortable for my liking

Top post

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Beast wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
We're like a young horse that has given a lot of cheek for the first 1000m, but has compounded at the 600m post, amd it'll be a long way to the line as we watch other silks go past us.

The 2014 post-mortems start now. Looking ahead, a lot depends on whether Scharenberg and Freeman can eventually get on the park and whether they prove top 10 quality, and whether the likes of Langdon, Kennedy, Keefe Witts, Seedsman, Adams et al have another level, or whether they are just journeymen footballers.

Lappin must go, after the performance of the forward line this year. So should the "fitness" genius who has delivered more soft-tissue injuries than WWI. Buckley has another year to turn the ship around, though I'm not sure he has the playing crew to do so. For the team, week after next we bring in Martin, Reid, Keefe Broomhead and Elliott, and stick to this combination until the year mercifully ends.

Why so negative all of a sudden mate, aren't you supposed to be a true Pies supporter that does not dare to question anything our Club does while lambasting everyone who does? Embarassed

You said Essendon by plenty. You were right. I'm sure that makes you happy.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Over it. I'm really over it this season.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Beast wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
And here come the trolls.
Face facts we are playing terrible and have no confidence.
We can all sit here and bemoan our efforts but we aren't qualified to sit in judgement on AFL players or coaches.
If we were we wouldn't be here
On a positive I'm betting we don't lose next week !!
Come on trolls take a break tonight and find something else to do other than offer useless commentary

By trolls you mean people that actually have a clue right?
Did Sidebottom played well enough to your liking?
How's Beams signing the contract coming along that according to you was gonna get done long time ago?
How does it feel to be exposed as a clueless liar?

Beast I love this personal attack. Now go get your facts straight you retard.
By trolls I mean the spineless names who only appear after a loss to post meaningless comments about things they have no clue on. I didn't accuse you of being a troll your not that high up the food chain.
Sidebottom disposal is still a issue any one with half a brain can see that hence why you don't.
I never said beams contract was being signed a long time ago. I stated he told his management to commence talks with the club in regards to an extension. If you believe this can be done and dusted in a matter of weeks you are dumber than I ever realized.
If you want a logical debate please I'm more than happy to debate if you want to make senseless personal attacks then I'm more than happy to meet you personally to discuss them.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:19 pm

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The lack of desperation, and determination, was very, very disappointing from our boys. Dunno why, but their mindset was bad, real bad, the lack of effort, even in a bad loss, was not there, no effort really. I suggest at least five changes post bye, at least we have a week off to reassess and reload again after that shocker. Both blair and swan must be rested, swan is definitely injured, hes too good a player to play llike this. Our ins must be at least Elliott, Reid, Martin, Karnezis, our forward line needs a big revamp now. Keefe should never have been dropped, Maxy was way too short for the guy he was on, our coaching staff need a big kick over that debacle at the selection table. Hopefully, we can freshen up the team with five changes or so, reload, and come out with a whole new attitude against the crows, post bye, nothing else we can do actually, other than that. sigh.

Don't know why you're obsessed by this alleged lack of desperation and determination. That was 1 of the worst performances I've seen from a Collingwood side but I'd suggest it's a lack of confidence, cohesion and offensive run and flair rather than not having a go.

Bring on 2015. Can't see us recovering from that to make or impact finals in 2014.

Yes, lets blame anything bar the selection panel that according to you can do no wrong. Embarassed
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:23 pm

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
The lack of desperation, and determination, was very, very disappointing from our boys. Dunno why, but their mindset was bad, real bad, the lack of effort, even in a bad loss, was not there, no effort really. I suggest at least five changes post bye, at least we have a week off to reassess and reload again after that shocker. Both blair and swan must be rested, swan is definitely injured, hes too good a player to play llike this. Our ins must be at least Elliott, Reid, Martin, Karnezis, our forward line needs a big revamp now. Keefe should never have been dropped, Maxy was way too short for the guy he was on, our coaching staff need a big kick over that debacle at the selection table. Hopefully, we can freshen up the team with five changes or so, reload, and come out with a whole new attitude against the crows, post bye, nothing else we can do actually, other than that. sigh.

Don't know why you're obsessed by this alleged lack of desperation and determination. That was 1 of the worst performances I've seen from a Collingwood side but I'd suggest it's a lack of confidence, cohesion and offensive run and flair rather than not having a go.

Bring on 2015. Can't see us recovering from that to make or impact finals in 2014.

Not obsessed, but face it, the dons were a hell of a lot more desperate than us, and more determined. Lack of confidence can cause that, or lead to it, for some reason. If they had a red hot go, we may have lost by around five goals, but too lose by ten, that really hurts. Only a very few of our guys deserve their pay packet this week, very few. But, we just have to learn from it, take a long hard look at ourselves, and reload post bye. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Beast wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
We're like a young horse that has given a lot of cheek for the first 1000m, but has compounded at the 600m post, amd it'll be a long way to the line as we watch other silks go past us.

The 2014 post-mortems start now. Looking ahead, a lot depends on whether Scharenberg and Freeman can eventually get on the park and whether they prove top 10 quality, and whether the likes of Langdon, Kennedy, Keefe Witts, Seedsman, Adams et al have another level, or whether they are just journeymen footballers.

Lappin must go, after the performance of the forward line this year. So should the "fitness" genius who has delivered more soft-tissue injuries than WWI. Buckley has another year to turn the ship around, though I'm not sure he has the playing crew to do so. For the team, week after next we bring in Martin, Reid, Keefe Broomhead and Elliott, and stick to this combination until the year mercifully ends.

Why so negative all of a sudden mate, aren't you supposed to be a true Pies supporter that does not dare to question anything our Club does while lambasting everyone who does? Embarassed

Umm...I didn't actually post any predictions at all but thought we'd struggle but not to this extent.
And no us getting humiliated like this doesn't make me happy, can't say the same about exposing hypocrites.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:26 pm

So glad I get to not waste a portion of my weekend watching shit football next week Smile
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Joel wrote:
Over it. I'm really over it this season.

Hang in there Joel. Never give up. You have the goods and are a true supporter. These are the hard times. The better times lie ahead and these times make them sweeter.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:29 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Well, there was a smashing.

Bewildering player and sub selections only compounded by a team that's been shot for weeks. I'll throw up if I read any post blaming injuries or umpires.

i reckon they couldn't afford to lose maxy from the defence and went with young. that they played langdon in the forward line wreaked of desperation.

bad day at the office. worst i have seen us play in a while even allowing for the loss against the dogs and gcs. we were non-competitive and appeared to have no confidence but essendon deserves a lot of credit. they were very good. able to create space and were, obviously, so much cleaner with their disposal.

that 50 metre penalty against pendles summed up our day.

Last edited by John Wren on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Something profoundly wrong with the headspace right now. The boys just have no confidence and consequently no drive. They will be devastated with this performance, just as we are. We know that this is not a reflection of our team's actual ability and commitment, so it means that something is psychologically awry. Don't know what the answer is... we have 2 weeks to work on it. I think the bye comes at a good time....our boys need reflection and regeneration. We should view this disaster as opening up the possibility for finding a strong response...that is what building a resilient team requires.

Yes, I think so too. There is something that they know that we don't.

Today's performance was out of character.

Last edited by Woods on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beast 

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Beast wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
And here come the trolls.
Face facts we are playing terrible and have no confidence.
We can all sit here and bemoan our efforts but we aren't qualified to sit in judgement on AFL players or coaches.
If we were we wouldn't be here
On a positive I'm betting we don't lose next week !!
Come on trolls take a break tonight and find something else to do other than offer useless commentary

By trolls you mean people that actually have a clue right?
Did Sidebottom played well enough to your liking?
How's Beams signing the contract coming along that according to you was gonna get done long time ago?
How does it feel to be exposed as a clueless liar?

Beast I love this personal attack. Now go get your facts straight you retard.
By trolls I mean the spineless names who only appear after a loss to post meaningless comments about things they have no clue on. I didn't accuse you of being a troll your not that high up the food chain.
Sidebottom disposal is still a issue any one with half a brain can see that hence why you don't.
I never said beams contract was being signed a long time ago. I stated he told his management to commence talks with the club in regards to an extension. If you believe this can be done and dusted in a matter of weeks you are dumber than I ever realized.
If you want a logical debate please I'm more than happy to debate if you want to make senseless personal attacks then I'm more than happy to meet you personally to discuss them.

Sidebottom's disposal? Have no efficiencies stats in front of me right now but I'll bet it was very high. Love how desperate you're to justify having no idea whatsoever with constant lies.
Glad to see you've addressed Beams's contract question....
Brain and plums transplant would do wonders for your well being.
And if you're serious about sorting this out you can pm me, I'm all for doing the world a favour and putting the end to your ability to post totalt tripe Laughing
matrix10 

just really really bad
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:32 pm

Beast wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Beast wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Umm...I didn't actually post any predictions at all but thought we'd struggle but not to this extent.
And no us getting humiliated like this doesn't make me happy, can't say the same about exposing hypocrites.

You're right - i apologise - it was Eddiesmith. I knew it was an obnoxious know-all who likes to abuse other posters, I just got the wrong one. Now, since you are invoking hypocrisy, if you can point out where I've lambasted anyone with a personal attack, apart from immediately above in reaction, i'd be suprised and grateful. After you've done that you can sign off with the gracious "STfU" that you used to Piesnchess a few pages ago.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Beast wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

STFU you sad, glass half empty sack.
\

I trust you are being sarcastic, im the glass half full type mate, but that loss, was pretty galling, even for me. I think I made some pretty positive statements bout what should happen next week though, I trust you think the forward line needs a big revamp too. Shocked Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16   

Jump to: