Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

rocketronnie wrote:
The Crows forward line tore us a new one last game. And we were playing better then. I predict a bold move by Buckley moving Jarrod Blair to Centre Half Back. Laughing

Don't go giving him ideas Ronnie. Smile

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:07 pm

This is the game to decide whether we will be in the 8 come finals time.

Lose and we most likely will miss the finals.

Win and we are still in with a chance.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:38 pm

I am 50/50 about this game.

Will we come out on Fire because what is on the Line and it be Maxy’s Farewell Game

or

We just Continue playing the Crap we have the last Month

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Will we come out on Fire because what is on the Line and it be Maxy’s Farewell Game

or

I'm tipping Kyle Martin to play full back, he'll be destroyed, Bucks will then be one up on those calling for Martin to be selected, silencing the masses.

Cloke to tag Dangerfeild might be on the cards as well.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Against most teams I'd be tipping us for a win this week. Backs to the wall, missing another key player. But I'm worried by the Crows' forward line. They have talls that will worry both Frost and Keeffe (or our imaginary second tall defender if he doesn't play), and without Maxy our team defense takes a big hit. I reckon Goldsack needs to play back to help out, but it's the midfield that will need to do the job, we need to get on top there and not allow easy delivery to their forwards.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:19 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Against most teams I'd be tipping us for a win this week. Backs to the wall, missing another key player. But I'm worried by the Crows' forward line. They have talls that will worry both Frost and Keeffe (or our imaginary second tall defender if he doesn't play), and without Maxy our team defense takes a big hit. I reckon Goldsack needs to play back to help out, but it's the midfield that will need to do the job, we need to get on top there and not allow easy delivery to their forwards.

Spot on inky. Without Swan our midfield looks pretty one-paced, with Pendles, Beams, Sidey and Ball. I would like to see Adams used as our main inside mid, which is the role he excels at. We really need Kennedy and Josh Thomas to step up to the plate and provide some real zip around the packs. I'm desperately hoping Reid and Elliott return, otherwise I don't know where our goals will come from.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:58 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

We might have to play Witts and Grundy, that way we can send white to defence if needed.

You like this.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:
I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet,

But you certainly have dude. Keep on digging though, you might find more of your "perceptive fellow" mates. Rolling Eyes

You're a lemming.

You should know Defender that Lazza only ever posts on Nicks now to attack the so-called "negative" posters, i.e. anyone who disagrees with him. Razz

Even if the Pies lost every game Lazza would call it a mere flesh wound. He actually reminds me a lot of this guy. Wink Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAW6D21ICdg

Come on Lazza prove me wrong. Post something really positive about Collingwood, not denigrating its so-called critics.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Sadly I think Eddie Betts will kick a bag and remind us of what we're missing not having a true crumbing small forward. And old JPod (who used to be on our list remember!) might snag a few as well.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Well, if the Saints can beat Freo Shocked (haven't quite done it yet, but but 48-14) and the Blues can beat North, surely we are at least some chance against the Crows. No point in giving up before the game's even started.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:55 pm

collie dog wrote:
Sadly I think Eddie Betts will kick a bag and remind us of what we're missing not having a true crumbing small forward. And old JPod (who used to be on our list remember!) might snag a few as well.

Marley will own his ass & the pies will get up by a few goals.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:07 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Well, if the Saints can beat Freo Shocked (haven't quite done it yet, but but 48-14) and the Blues can beat North, surely we are at least some chance against the Crows. No point in giving up before the game's even started.

Amazing what a committed team and positive mindset can achieve.

It was a total team effort by the Saints and proves that if you get everyone contributing then great things can happen.

Freo were smashed by a team that wanted it more, pure and simple and this could feasibly cost them top 4 as this was supposedly the "easiest" game of their soft run home.

Memo to Nathan Buckley. The role Riewoldt (who is an out and out champion) played today is what we should be aiming for from Trav. Let him roam and gut run and he'll blow 9/10 defenders up and that's when the mismatches will occur when he burns the lumbering defenders off and they try and cover him with the smaller quicker backs. He bloody monsters them.

If Reid's leg is right for 4 quarters he plays and plays forward close to goal as does Jesse White as the versatile 3rd tall. Bring is Martin, play Kennedy as our small forward with Elliott and suddenly we've got a bloody dangerous multi pronged forward line. This line up will give the opposition something to think about instead of the standard modus operandi of double team Cloke and watch Collingwood fluff, fumble and **** around near goal.

The time is past for sticking with proven failures. The season is on the line and I've got a feeling this season is the most open we've had in years (Sydney aside every team has shown wobbles of late) so it's imperative that you get in the finals as this could be the year a bottom of the top 8 side does the impossible and takes a flag.

And my fellow Pies fans instead of bitching about the time next weeks game is on, why don't we all get to the G in force and give the Crows a taste of the hostility our boys faced on their dung hill earlier this year. Let them face the jeers, scorn and contempt from a fired up Magpie Army and let our boys feel the passion, love and support that was once taken for granted and needs to return.

I'd be disappointed if we don't have 50,000+ there and I'm not joking.

Me, Mr's Flashy and the billy lids will be there for this season defining, make or break game. I urge everyone to suck it up and get their backside down to the MCG for our boys. Who gives a shit if it's at an inconvenient time? It's time we made the effort to support our side just as we expect them to make the effort to win games and bring greatness to our club.

GO THE PIES.

Last edited by Flashman on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:46 pm
Post subject: HmmmmmReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:

or

Dave would you please not sit on the fence and commit to one or the other. I am holding back my sports bet awaiting your prediction. You have got most of the games right this season and I regard you as one of the finest tipsters in the game. Lets hear ya!

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Crows by 40 points. Backline will get smashed, and midfield won't be able to stop the flow. Bucks will make some other stupid selection decision and Blair will remain goalless.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:33 am

Hope we can do it for Maxy, like the saints did for Lenny
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22   

Jump to: