Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year this, next year that... Look, it's all good many of you are optimistic, but many things can occur next year that could turn out to be like this year. We were 8-2 up and we were cruising this year. Buckley made some terrible decisions in his team choices and I'm beginning to doubt him. He says the right things in the media but I'm more concerned what he tells his players. I don't think he was ready to take on this role after having only coached for two seasons in an assistant role. He inherited a great team and he has failed. Eddie shouldn't extend his contract. If he fails next year, he should be gone. It's as simple as that. Even Richmond is winning for crying out loud! We are embarrassing.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:45 pm

We have Richmond's spot on the ladder now so it's OK!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Right now no game is safe. We might even have trouble beating GWS in Round 22. And the less said about the Hawthorn match in the final round the better. Sad
Mugwump 

collie dog wrote:
swooper wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Our list is overrated.

The kids that apparently are coming through, are either not good yet, or not good enough...full stop.

So much for our dynasty after 2010, Hawks, Cats etc are still up there....not us.

I will be lucky to see more than 3-4 premierships in my lifetime, the way we gain success in this competition.

Not fair to blame the kids. They were always going to tire in a long season. Injuries, poor coaching taking their toll.
BTW - you would be very lucky to see 3-4 premierships in a lifetime I would suggest!! Very Happy

Geelong fans have seen three in the past seven years. And this season it looks like Sydney or Hawthorn fans will enjoy the same privilege. Only Collingwood stuffs up potential premiership dynasties. We are THE class act in VFL/AFL history in this regard. We might be lucky to see another flag within 20 years, but by then (1) the Suns and GWS will have won 4 or 5 each, and (2) soccer will have become the number one football code in this country. Rolling Eyes

You make a valid point about the return from our 2010 period of dominance. That may be the result of the coaching changeover, or it may just be that we were a shallow premiership winner in terms of the depth of our list. We got a leg-up from Jolley and Ball, but it didn't last more than 2 years, amd the innovative Malthouse strategy (the forward press) was superseded. That said, I think it's fair to say that the coaching changeover was not a masterstroke. Much depends on how the current generation develops before the elite players we have (Pendlebury, Cloke, Beams and Swan if he ever gets back) move into the twlight.

qldmagpie67 

Where to start. OMG can we simply play man on man football for gods sake !
Ok simply not good enough effort. Too inconsistent with our effort during each term.
We get 4 players to a contest against 2 and loss it HOW ?
The crows win the ball and they swarm forward in support for each other running past collingwood players who just let it happen.
Who the heck was on Smith he set up more goals from there half back than anyone in a black & white player for the season.
Our kicking is below an acceptable standard and it's not just oe or two players it's the majority.
Little dinky kicks and handballs to turn over and then burned going the other way.
Keefe for all his efforts shouldn't be allowed to kick in even in practice at training he is hopeless at it. We have young who can boot it a mile let him kick it to himself then boot it 65 so at least it's not back within a kick.
Oh and have any of our players heard of the word sheppard ? Can't remember one today again.
I've been a Buckley defender this year but not now. He doesn't do enough during the games to change momentum.
We need experience in the coaches box. Bucks might be a good coach in years to come but ATM he isn't.
We either no competitive game plan or the players can't follow it either way it's a shambles.
Eddie go and sack Lappin and Eade they don't care for collingwood.
Hire a Chocco Williams some one who actually can read a game during the match and help Bucks.
Well 2014 is effectively over no matter if we luck into the finals we are shot birds so to speak.
Play Martin and the rest of the kids at least we can get games into them and decide exactly were we are at.
There are a couple players playing for there careers in the next few weeks so will be interesting to see how they respond.
Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:49 pm

crows grand final.

theres always next week...

ahh...

next year...

err....

next decade Rolling Eyes
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Did we win the contested footy and tackle count,because that's all Buckley seems to care about.He doesn't seem to worry about skill,execution,and the ability to bloody well kick the football.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 pm

LeighBrownBrigade wrote:
Next year this, next year that... Look, it's all good many of you are optimistic, but many things can occur next year that could turn out to be like this year. We were 8-2 up and we were cruising this year. Buckley made some terrible decisions in his team choices and I'm beginning to doubt him. He says the right things in the media but I'm more concerned what he tells his players. I don't think he was ready to take on this role after having only coached for two seasons in an assistant role. He inherited a great team and he has failed. Eddie shouldn't extend his contract. If he fails next year, he should be gone. It's as simple as that. Even Richmond is winning for crying out loud! We are embarrassing.

Let's not blame Bucks. We have fallen to a mid level team because of 2 factors, neither of which have anything to do with coaching.

Firstly, all top sides have dominant rucks. Since Jolly's quick physical demise and appropriate de-listing we have been relying on a couple of young novice ruckmen in Witts and Grundy. In time I've no doubt they'll be great players, but in the meantime we're getting smashed in the ruck most weeks. That's not Buckley's fault.

Secondly, with Swan's physical demise, we do not have a single A grade midfielder with genuine pace. The modern game requires every top team have a couple of players who can break the lines open with real pace and take the game on. We don't have a single player like that. Dangerfield was that man for the Crows today.

Obviously it will take Reid a few weeks to find form after missing the entire season so far. Let's hope we can get to see what Sharenberg has to offer with a couple of senior games. Next year we'll get to see Freeman. Right now, however, we are lying in the middle of the table, which is a true reflection of our talent base. The good thing is that we have a youthful side, which points to better years to come. Naturally i'm disappointed in where we are, but perhaps it was a reality check for most of us. Let's use the remainder of this season to prepare for next year.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:55 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Did we win the contested footy and tackle count,because that's all Buckley seems to care about.He doesn't seem to worry about skill,execution,and the ability to bloody well kick the football.

Nope, we didn't, and their execution with the ball was probably worse than ours, today. Buckley's looking at the right stats, but it's not much consolation if the oppositin is winning them.

Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:55 pm

LeighBrownBrigade wrote:
Our season was over when we lost to the Dogs. If you all couldn't see that, you haven't watched enough footy in your life. Or you're delusional. At least we will get better draft picks this year.

My summation: we simply aren't good enough. Our established players not good enough. I don't buy into this "we have too many youth". Yes and no. Cause we still have many established players in the team. This team isn't going to cut it. We are going backwards.

I had faith in Buckley. I'm beginning to think he's not up to it. This was his season. His choices, his players. Getting rid of Heater was proven a stupid decision. White is a complete failure.

Disagree. Heater has been pretty woeful for GWS.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
LeighBrownBrigade wrote:

Let's not blame Bucks. We have fallen to a mid level team because of 2 factors, neither of which have anything to do with coaching.

Firstly, all top sides have dominant rucks. Since Jolly's quick physical demise and appropriate de-listing we have been relying on a couple of young novice ruckmen in Witts and Grundy. In time I've no doubt they'll be great players, but in the meantime we're getting smashed in the ruck most weeks. That's not Buckley's fault.

Secondly, with Swan's physical demise, we do not have a single A grade midfielder with genuine pace. The modern game requires every top team have a couple of players who can break the lines open with real pace and take the game on. We don't have a single player like that. Dangerfield was that man for the Crows today.

Obviously it will take Reid a few weeks to find form after missing the entire season so far. Let's hope we can get to see what Sharenberg has to offer with a couple of senior games. Next year we'll get to see Freeman. Right now, however, we are lying in the middle of the table, which is a true reflection of our talent base. The good thing is that we have a youthful side, which points to better years to come. Naturally i'm disappointed in where we are, but perhaps it was a reality check for most of us. Let's use the remainder of this season to prepare for next year.

Lots of good sense in that, Rudie. Our priority in the free agency period should be to get a genuine pacy mid, not more KPs. I think Freeman and Sinclair will help a lot. Both have real pace. Maybe, now that this year is effectively over, we should try Mooney and see how he goes. Leg speed will matter a lot in the year ahead.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:03 pm

We're a rabble and a very inconsistent one at that. Poor disposal and decision making costs us week in week out and what are we doing to rectify it? Nothing! Bloody nothing. It's always the same players making the same bloody mistakes. We struggle to move the ball out of the defensive 50 and when we do, we generally stuff it up and give it straight back to the opposition. I don't understand what this obsession is with our hand ball frenzy. The effen crows were allowed to move the ball more freely and used their options up forward much better than what we did. Our mids struggled to get into the game and our senior players couldn't stand up when it counted. Our forwards were either held, manhandled or had to put up with shitty disposal from the midfield. Yes I get that we're a young team with a lot of inexperienced players, but how many of them actually know WTF is going on. Another thing is that we get slaughtered on the spread by the opposition and our players struggle to man up when they need to. The umpiring was a disgrace and I hope that they all choke on their whistles. We don't deserve to be anywhere near the 8 and we'll struggle to win another game from here on in.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Didn't watch the game, but expected the loss. I said in round 1 that this was going to be a development season, and although we were top 4 at one stage, I can't say I'm that surprised that our season has slid.

I'm happy now to get games in to our kids. If we win, it will be pleasant, but I refuse to let myself be sucked in to the gut wrenching dissapointment over losses that I've had the past few years. I know deep down that long term, the experience out kids are gaining now will translate to success, and I'm ok with the short term pain.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm sad ..... we are poo!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Stupied wrote:
Didn't watch the game, but expected the loss. I said in round 1 that this was going to be a development season, and although we were top 4 at one stage, I can't say I'm that surprised that our season has slid.

I'm happy now to get games in to our kids. If we win, it will be pleasant, but I refuse to let myself be sucked in to the gut wrenching dissapointment over losses that I've had the past few years. I know deep down that long term, the experience out kids are gaining now will translate to success, and I'm ok with the short term pain.

I'm known as the one who wears rose coloured glasses ... and rite now ... the most poditive yjimg I have to say nicely is .... we are crap, absolute crap Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: