Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Extend Beams Now!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
If we lose Beams and Harry this year we may as well trade Pendles and Cloke too IMO, Pendles and Cloke will never see another Collingwood flag.

I reckon this challenges Lassies post in the Ludicrous category Exclamation

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:13 am

woftam wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Ultimatum time. Sign an extension or be traded to Brisbane. We can't have this hanging over the team for another year.

Why? because a couple of knob journo's are trying to drum up a story with no facts whatsoever? He isn't out of contract until the end of next year.
qldmagpie67 has already informed us that he has instructed his management to open negotiations with the club on a new contract. Why should we be issuing an ultimatum to a player who isn't out of contract for 13 months? We should not be jumping at shadows just because the media are looking for a headline.

Yep.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:35 pm

John Wren wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
collie dog wrote:
We know he's no great fan of Buckley.

Collie dog this is one of the most ludicrous posts ever seen on nicks.
I have known Dayne and his family for 20yrs and I can confirm first hand he credits bucks with his overall improvement since he arrived at the club.
I have heard it from his own mouth he rates bucks highly as a good coach

spindog has great form in this area and given the propenisty for ludicrous posts on nick's it's a big call you have made.

it seems the silly season has been brought forward due to our non participation in the finals. i'd be staggered if he went anywhere.

Not in the same league as his 2010 campaign "Mick has lost the players" IMHO.

Last edited by rocketronnie on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:35 pm

woftam wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Ultimatum time. Sign an extension or be traded to Brisbane. We can't have this hanging over the team for another year.

Why? because a couple of knob journo's are trying to drum up a story with no facts whatsoever? He isn't out of contract until the end of next year.
qldmagpie67 has already informed us that he has instructed his management to open negotiations with the club on a new contract. Why should we be issuing an ultimatum to a player who isn't out of contract for 13 months? We should not be jumping at shadows just because the media are looking for a headline.

Same knob chewing ambulance-chasing journos who not only had us "jumping at shadows" during the Cloke-saga of 2012, but had us believe that the shadow became more like a veil over the club for that time...

Dyso

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm

jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Yep.

Nope.

Nothing to do with the media. Everything to do with having a high value asset that is about to come out of contract. If Beams refuses to re-sign this year, we need some certainty around what he will do next year. The days of waiting for a contract to conclude before looking to the next one are just about gone. With free agency you need to act earlier.

The "ultimatum" wording was just shorthand, but if he won't re-sign now and we have doubts about him hanging around after 2015, then a trade becomes an option. If he's eventually going to leave, it is better for us that he does so now, not at the end of next season.

I'm not saying there's any reason to think that he's not happy or that he's about to leave.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:49 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Yep.

Nope.

Nothing to do with the media. Everything to do with having a high value asset that is about to come out of contract. If Beams refuses to re-sign this year, we need some certainty around what he will do next year. The days of waiting for a contract to conclude before looking to the next one are just about gone. With free agency you need to act earlier.

The "ultimatum" wording was just shorthand, but if he won't re-sign now and we have doubts about him hanging around after 2015, then a trade becomes an option. If he's eventually going to leave, it is better for us that he does so now, not at the end of next season.

I'm not saying there's any reason to think that he's not happy or that he's about to leave.

And risk pissing him off for no reason. Regardless of how he responds there is absolutely nothing the club can do to move him on if he doesn't want to go. Pointless exercise with a higher probability of a negative outcome. Word is he's already looking to lock in an extension.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
collie dog wrote:
We know he's no great fan of Buckley.

Collie dog this is one of the most ludicrous posts ever seen on nicks.
I have known Dayne and his family for 20yrs and I can confirm first hand he credits bucks with his overall improvement since he arrived at the club.
I have heard it from his own mouth he rates bucks highly as a good coach

spindog has great form in this area and given the propenisty for ludicrous posts on nick's it's a big call you have made.

it seems the silly season has been brought forward due to our non participation in the finals. i'd be staggered if he went anywhere.

Not in the same league as his 2010 campaign "Mick has lost the players" IMHO.

who could ever forget that one?!

i expect beams to sign a shorter contract so that he can maximise free agency.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:56 pm

jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Yep.

Nope.

And risk pissing him off for no reason. Regardless of how he responds there is absolutely nothing the club can do to move him on if he doesn't want to go. Pointless exercise with a higher probability of a negative outcome. Word is he's already looking to lock in an extension.

When a player rejects an extension offer it's fairly natural to ask them how happy they are at the club and whether they see themselves there long term. If that's the case, then great. There doesn't even necessarily need to be much of a conversation, the club would know Dayne well enough to assess the risks. My main point is that not being able to re-sign him this year is a risk, and is not the ideal situation.

How much better would the Hawks be now if they traded Buddy before he became a free agent? They could be challenging for a flag Very Happy. Though they may have missed out on 2013 Wink.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:59 pm

^ true but tactically it would be in beams' best interest to lever up the asking price. what options does the club have if beams rejects an extension? he is unlikely to be traded at the expiration of the current contract unless we fall in a total heap and even then he will get offered good money from other clubs. i don't think it a failing of the club if he does not sign a hypothetical extension.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:25 pm

^^You're right, there's not much the club can do. I guess what I'm more looking at, is for Beams to make the long term decision on his future now instead of at the end of his contract as has usually been the case. If that's at Collingwood, great. If it's not, then it's in our interests to work a trade now rather than wait till his contract expires. So, this is more for Beams to think long term, not just till the end of next year.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:04 am
Post subject: WellReply with quote

Defender wrote:
If we lose Beams and Harry this year we may as well trade Pendles and Cloke too IMO, Pendles and Cloke will never see another Collingwood flag.

Yes I agree. We can save some cash and finally build a new Social Club. If we are going to be the new Ninethwood, then let's enjoy it more in a quality Social Club so we can watch training during the week. Fed up with these players getting huge cash and we suffer like third world peasants eating overpriced sausage rolls and got dogs at the MCG.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: