Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dale Thomas Brownlow Voting???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Let's move on guys. Daisy has and so should we.

Agreed.

Good luck to him, hope the Blues have no success, but I also hope his ankle is fine and has no more issues.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:52 pm

The Prototype wrote:
35forever wrote:
Oh gawd, you just won't let it go

Oh the irony...

Post of the year.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:04 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Do u morons even go to the football?
How can u not see the difference in the energy of us now and the times Daisy was in the 22.
Daisy never polled votes with us.

His year this year would give Carlton massive confidence that they could be the winner on this deal.

U all know it or u r blind.

Ive asked this so many times - what did Collingwood offer Daisy to stay

They couldn't match Carlton's offer and we were not confident that his ankle would ever be okay. That and he wanted to play with MM, it is well known that they are close. Not sure how you could get angry at Collingwood about it.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm

The Prototype wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Let's move on guys. Daisy has and so should we.

Agreed.

Good luck to him, hope the Blues have no success, but I also hope his ankle is fine and has no more issues.

Yeah pretty much how I feel too.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:29 pm

The Prototype wrote:
John Wren wrote:
without relitigating the whole thomas saga, i think thomas will improve again next year. another season under the belt to gain more confidence in the ankle. it seems these sorts of situations are 50/50 and you take your chances either way.

i don't subscribe to him being a traitor. it certainly doesn't bother me one iota to see him or other ex-collingwood players running around in another jumper; at least they are running around plying their trade and showing their wares. it's a little hypocritical to sledge these players as traitors when we, as supporters, welcome other players from other clubs.

Completely agree.

I'd prefer to remember Daisy as a premiership player, and try to forget his days at the Blues when he retires. Much like I tend to forget McGuane went there for a bit as well.

+2
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:33 pm

Joel wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
How can u not see the difference in the energy of us now and the times Daisy was in the 22.

His year this year would give Carlton massive confidence that they could be the winner on this deal.

They couldn't match Carlton's offer and we were not confident that his ankle would ever be okay. That and he wanted to play with MM, it is well known that they are close. Not sure how you could get angry at Collingwood about it.

According to the scuttlebutt the Pies chose not to match Carlton's offer. Had instead made an offer around the $400K with some performance bonuses. Certainly wasn't a 5 year deal. Completely understand Daisy packing his bags and leaving given the uncertainty he'd ever match his earlier glories.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
According to the scuttlebutt the Pies chose not to match Carlton's offer. Had instead made an offer around the $400K with some performance bonuses. Certainly wasn't a 5 year deal. Completely understand Daisy packing his bags and leaving given the uncertainty he'd ever match his earlier glories.

We can choose to understand his decision but not necessarily agree with it.
We can choose to love an ex Collingwood player playing for our most hated enemy or, as in my case, be totally bloody angry about it... Rolling Eyes

It is all about personal choice............. Idea
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:23 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

\

Dollar daisys ankles are as dodgy as a tony abbott promise, so please, spare us the wringing of hands, he is a liability to the scum everytime he takes the field. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And you know this how? Daisy ring you up and tell you did he? In reality you have no idea whether his ankles are okay going forward or not. What you are is happy to parrot whatever BS others feed you over and over and expect us to swallow such rubbish as fact. I expect you should be old enough to know better but time and time again on this board you show us the complete opposite.

Ha ! you should talk, hypocrisy is you bloody middle name. Only a mental defective old man would pay Dollar daisy the massive coin he wanted, knowing full well he DOES have dodgy ankles, the Pies are not as dumb as you and your sad sackers think, they put him thru the medical wringer, and offered him a fair deal with his ankles. The old man just grabbed him to stick it up eddie, and I don't forget the nasty snide pokes Thomas had at my Club just before he departed, him promising young Pies fans he was virtually certain of staying, and singing the Scum song in front of Maxy and our players, Maxy was on the verge of decking him for that one.

Oh and by the way RR, for the record its, BUCKS 4 v OLD MANS SCUM 0. Says it all id say, for you Bucks haters and whingers, who pine for the old sod. Razz

Malthouse: I want Daisy Thomas.
Carlton Salary Cap Managers: Why?
MM: So I can stick it up Buckley and MaGuire
CSCM: Well sure that sounds like a good enough reason to spend X hundred thousand dollars of our precious salary cap on. Shall we check ihis ankles will be okay going forward?
MM: No dont bother...
CSCM: Go get him Mick

You really have no idea do you? Laughing Laughing Laughing

More than you will ever have sunshine, make no mistake, the old man is still obsessed in us, he just made a snide comment on us trying to get Mitch Clark, the old bastard has never moved on, and yes, he is mad enough at eddie and bitter enough to do exactly what I said, he truly believes in revenge is a dish best served cold. He only went to the Scum to stick it up eddie and the PIes, a bitter and vindictive sod. He basically admitted that when Caro got out of him he would not have gone to the scum but for Geoff walsh being there. Now walsh is gone, and he must tuck daisy into bed all alone. He may break Mchales record, but he will never be one fraction the man McHale was, in any way, shape or form. Im done with this topic, so im ignoring your crap for now. Exclamation Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 pm

In the end I don't blame the club for not matching the offer with the reports they had, I don't blame Dale for accepting their offer.

I guess you could blame the AFL for bringing in Free Agency, but that's something we're going to get players like Dale Thomas through as well so I guess it's going to work out.

But I do not believe that Thomas will ever reach the potential he could have after all those ankle injuries he seemed to be ready to bust out and be a potential Brownlow Medal winner himself, but sadly I guess that's how it goes.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
More than you will ever have sunshine, make no mistake, the old man is still obsessed in us, he just made a snide comment on us trying to get Mitch Clark, the old bastard has never moved on, and yes, he is mad enough at eddie and bitter enough to do exactly what I said, he truly believes in revenge is a dish best served cold. He only went to the Scum to stick it up eddie and the PIes, a bitter and vindictive sod. He basically admitted that when Caro got out of him he would not have gone to the scum but for Geoff walsh being there. Now walsh is gone, and he must tuck daisy into bed all alone. He may break Mchales record, but he will never be one fraction the man McHale was, in any way, shape or form. Im done with this topic, so im ignoring your crap for now. Exclamation Razz

What cracks me up is that there seems to be far more MM lovers now on Nick's than when he was at Collingwood..... Twisted Evil Razz
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Thomas left because his loyalties were with Malthouse and not Collingwood.

Did any other club besides the one coached by Malthouse come calling for his services at the end of 2013?

Would any club not coached by Malthouse have been prepared to offer him such a lucrative contract?

I think you'll find the answer to both those questions to be a resounding no.

Why would our club pay overs for a player who clearly wanted to be playing elsewhere under his former coach.

P.S- Blair will probably finish 10th in the Copeland.

Just sayin.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Who is this Dale "Dai$y" Thomas you all speak of?

He sounds like a Westpac Centre gardener.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:52 pm

People trivialize this situation so much it's hilarious.

Carlton made an offer to Thomas, a very good offer (rumored to be 650k a year over 4 years I think), an offer that we weren't willing to match.

I don't think Daisy is worth that much and that's not even taking into account the fears about his ankle not holding up, obviously the club agree. With free agency coming in this is going to happen more and more so get used to it. Players are going to receive contract offers that are higher than their worth, their club won't match it and as a result they'll move on to another team.

The Brownlow results neither justify nor condemn us not re-signing him but anyone that actually watched him play this season could not possibly argue that he's worth what they're paying him over the length of that contract.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:56 pm

King Malta wrote:
People trivialize this situation so much it's hilarious.

Carlton made an offer to Thomas, a very good offer (rumored to be 650k a year over 4 years I think), an offer that we weren't willing to match.

I don't think Daisy is worth that much and that's not even taking into account the fears about his ankle not holding up, obviously the club agree. With free agency coming in this is going to happen more and more so get used to it. Players are going to receive contract offers that are higher than their worth, their club won't match it and as a result they'll move on to another team.

The Brownlow results neither justify nor condemn us not re-signing him but anyone that actually watched him play this season could not possibly argue that he's worth what they're paying him over the length of that contract.

Exactamundo. Now please everyone.....move on.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:27 pm

My cats name is Daisy and she has been dribbling and dropping her bowl this whole year. Can even fight off the other cat for her food.

It's a sad state of affairs as we paid a fortune for her. Where hoping as she gets older she will become the cat she once was.

Last edited by BBHS on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: