Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bring on the Trade Season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Defender wrote:

Mid 1st and 2nd rounder won't land Treloar, if GWS agreed to that it would be open season on their list.

I'm sure we'll have someone who wants to leave as a steak knife. I'd see Treloar as a similar 'trade value' as Beams.

But you forget, GWS have a smorgasbord of desirable trade targets, IMO they would let treloar go to the draft before taking unders, they will wa t to send a message to the other clubs and their players that they won't be bullied, a mid first and second rounder with a spud thrown in won't do the job IMO, they will want 2 first rounders.

Still need to balance their need to make a statement with their need for draft picks to secure their 2x top 10 rated ND academy kids. That'll require something in the order of 4000-5000 points depending upon who bids.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:47 am

Anybody ruing our decision to not recruit Mitch Clark, say I. I'd put Kreuzer in that category and he'll cost much more than Clark. Buyer beware!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:48 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Defender wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Frost flaked out a bit as young players are known to do, but he's quality. If Witts is happy to be a backup ruckman to play when Grundy is injured or tired or just to manage the two of them while young then we'd be stupid to get rid of him. The only way I see Witts as tradeable is if he's the clear #2 and wants more opportunities. I think if that was the case it'd come back and bite us in the bum.

Faz is coming good, why trade him now?

Seedsman appears to have been overtaken and may want out. Take whatever we can get, he's depth. Hopefully acts as a credible "Steak Knife" in any deal for Aish (not convinced on Aish, but he may have been playing dead because Brisbane suck at player management).

Only trade I want to see is for Treloar, and a 1st + 2nd rounder should do. I'd say one more quality mid (3-4 top line mids seems to be ideal for a premiership run) and we're set.

Mid 1st and 2nd rounder won't land Treloar, if GWS agreed to that it would be open season on their list.

Actually I believe with the new points system picks 7 and 25 as they stand currently would be akin to a mid and late first round selection so effectively we would be handing over the equivalent of two first rounders for Treloar.

Not saying it'll get the job done but it's an interesting little fact nonetheless.

Yes, it highlights that the phrases "a first rounder" and "two first rounders" are not at all specific from a valuation perspective as not all first round picks are worth the same. In fact pick #1 is valued at 3000 DVI points and pick #18 is valued at less than a third of that at 985 DVI points.

Pick 7 = 1644
Pick 25 = 756
Total = 2400, Average 1200

Pick 13 = 1212
Pick 14 = 1161

So, yes, pretty similar in DVI value to pick 13 and 14.

Losing vs Essendon and finishing behind GWS gained 148 DVI points (leaving aside compensation pick changes to the order):

Pick 8 -> 7 = +93
Pick 26 -> 25 = +27
Pick 44 -> 43 = +16
Pick 62 -> 61 = +12

The DVI system was based of prior year drafts so Clubs may re-value picks (for their own internal purposes) in a particularly shallow draft (eg this year's), but from the commentary I have seen the first 30 picks should be similar in value to previous years.

We can also expect Clubs to be more willing to "spend" picks after 30 in this next draft on FS and academy players.

Interesting analysis. A good read if you want to understand the system a bit better.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Anyone who reckons we don't need a Kruezer knows nothing about the game!

The more you post, the more I realise you know very little about the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: