Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anti-gay Liberals vs. the 'Safe Schools' program

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How much time do you have?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:45 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:

Sooling Hal onto me! that's not very Christian!!!

Neither am I.

Not that any of this is relevant, but I doubt he thinks that about contraception as he is a protestant, not a Catholic. Calling Christians 'dogs' is something that you only get away with attacking Christians, try calling all Muslims dogs and see the wrath of the moderators fall on you.

Again, I question the relevance to the topic. Christians have a certain motivation for this that isn't the same as mine, I see leftist subversion of children and while Christians also see that, they're more concerned with the moral subversion of children, still a worthy and sincere concern. Screaming hatred at someone for a sincerely held and honest ethical position is bigotry at its worst. Again I see the right putting forward their position with a logical argument and an attempt from those who disagree to belittle and insult them, to browbeat rather than argue. Sickens me more every day that I see it.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:48 pm

I never call Christians 'dogs' is something that you get away with attacking Christians try calling all Muslims dogs and see the wrath of the moderators fall on you, that would be impolite.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:12 pm

Contempt is a wonderful virtue, John...

I did call your attention to the roll call of heroes that the Christian Right has produced, they are indeed the scum of the earth...

you associate with these people...

your mate's newsletter contains a bunch of pro life anti contraception claptrap, so he is hardly Laurie Oakes, nor is is meet to quote from this "unbiased" newsletter, it would be like me quoting from the Morning Star
the newsletter also supports a wack job who shot up an abortion clinic, by announcing he got off with diminished mental capacity. Again your mate's newsletter supports all anti abortion ramblings as well as talking about abortifant contraceptives, so I compared it to the infamous "kids in the septic tank" story from Ireland...shows their true respect for dead kids.

The Christian Right has produced George Pell and his army of paedophiles, as well as those, like Sisson, who insist that it is "none of our business"

I have lived in the Philippines, if this stuff gets out my family could be ostracised or threatened, which is why I don't post in the Philippine Inquirer any more.

the Catholic Church puts up a no tolerance policy towards sex education, contraception divorce and aids prevention as does the American Christian Right. To oppose this is to prevent great harm.

Again, when homosexuals start throwing people off the Gap or into the Torrens River, we'll talk about defending conservatives.

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:16 pm

So teaching kids that it's wrong to bully kids because of their sexuality or that it's ok if they don't fit into a hetero box is indoctrination and leftist subversion?
Do you actually know anything about the program beyond the rubbish that Bernadi and friends have been pedalling? My eldest has been involved with ssc and has a number of friends whose lives have probably been saved by them. While ultra-conservative jerks like Chistensen are fighting their bullshit culture wars people from ssc and minus18 are sitting across the table and stopping kids from topping themselves by telling them they are not freaks of nature, that it's ok if they are different and that they don't deserve to be made to feel like shit for not being heterosexual.
Thank phuck most kids these days are more accepting and open-minded than the fruitcakes trying to close ssc down.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Well said, NJ.

And by the way, it's not all doom and gloom for us supporters of gay rights... I mean, "Cultural Marxists". Laughing

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/mar/19/safe-schools-program-turnbull-plays-down-victorias-decision-to-go-it-alone

David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Wokko wrote:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/watch-aussie-safe-schools-leader-admits-program-is-about-gay-activism-not-b

Just saw this on my Facebook, so the Right is right it seems. I don't think being against indoctrination of children is 'anti-gay', in a time of confusion about identity and sexuality I don't know that pushing 'diversity' as something desirable is a good thing. There is a long way from not bullying someone for being homosexual or suffering gender dysmorphia and pushing such things as cool and desirable for teens and young children.

It's pretty obvious to me that this program is about the latter and from the horses mouth it's exactly the case.

I'll have to see a transcript or watch it with the volume up at home (sound quality isn't great), but going on the quote pulled out in the article this hardly sounds like an earth-shattering expose. Of course it's not just about bullying; it's about providing support and resources for LGBTI kids and teaching other kids to be accepting of differences. That's all totally legitimate and important.

Last edited by David on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:27 am

When it comes to pushing trans issues the way they do I disagree entirely. Of course homosexual students need to have a safe learning environment but that's an issue of bullying in general, not sexual orientation. Some education of students that being gay or confused about sexuality is a psychologically difficult time and to give those students space and respect is probably needed, the rest of it I'm not buying what they're selling.

Here's what some actual scientists and doctors say about this whole gender ideology bullshit going on.

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:28 am

Quote:
The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a socially conservative association of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. The College was founded in 2002 by a group of pediatricians including Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples.[1][2] The group's membership has been estimated at between 60 and 200 members.
- source Wikipedia

Quote:
Zanga has described ACPeds as a group "with Judeo-Christian, traditional values that is open to pediatric medical professionals of all religions who hold true to the group's core beliefs: that life begins at conception - source Wikipedia
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:28 am

Quote:
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Zanga is Below Average. Dr. Zanga has been reviewed by 1 patients who have provided 0 comments. The rating is 2 out of 5 stars.

http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Joseph_R_Zanga.html#ixzz43NnsFglC
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:24 am

Wokko wrote:
When it comes to pushing trans issues the way they do I disagree entirely. Of course homosexual students need to have a safe learning environment but that's an issue of bullying in general, not sexual orientation. Some education of students that being gay or confused about sexuality is a psychologically difficult time and to give those students space and respect is probably needed, the rest of it I'm not buying what they're selling.

Here's what some actual scientists and doctors say about this whole gender ideology bullshit going on.

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

All kids, hell all adults, should be safe from bullying. It's about respect. Respecting not only other but yourself. Need to stop the pack mentality. Them against us. Same as racism, just treat everyone else the way you would like and expect to be treated. An anti bullying program is desperately needed, not sure it needs dividing labels.

David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:08 am

Wokko wrote:

There are a lot of misconceptions around transgender issues, and that agenda-laden page seems to provide a few. The fact is that these decisions related to children and teenagers transitioning aren't taken lightly, and usually only after long periods of counselling and observation. This story seems much more reflective of what 'actual scientists and doctors' think:

http://www.mamamia.com.au/four-corners-transgender-report/

Quote:
Chief Justice Bryant hopes to see the court’s jurisdiction tested going forward. She tells Four Corners the High Court should consider examining gender identity cases thoroughly to determine if court involvement is needed at all.

“I think society is changing about these issues as well, and I think it is important to remember that.

“I think from what we’ve seen it’s completely innate and when you read all the psychiatric reports and all the reports about how it affects young people, it is undoubtedly innate.”

[...]

A staggering 99. 5 per cent of people who identify as transgender in adolescence continue to do so throughout their adult life. The regret rate after surgery is less than half a per cent, including regret around hormone treatment, surgical treatment and poor surgical outcomes.

Associate Professor Dr Campbell Paul, a psychiatrist at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, confirms that delaying treatment can have devastating effects.

“As doctors, every decision we make on a clinical basis is about weighing up the risks versus the benefits. And in this case what we have is a risk of self harm and suicide that is extremely high, and yet a risk of regret that is very small,” she says.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:22 am

A guy I know works in higher education.

The forms now under sex have...

Male
Female
Gender X.

Gender x is a government requirement and has some fairly strict guidelines before you can tick it. I don't remember what they are exactly.

He said about 100 people a year tick gender x and then they have to go follow it up and he said about 95+% do it for shits and giggles.

It gets reported to the government.

David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:34 am

The reason for that is intersex people, I believe – i.e. people born neither wholly XX or XY or with ambiguous genitalia. Not many of them, but fair enough to offer a third category on forms. Obviously some people will tick that box for a laugh, but the 'religion' section on forms attracts just as many wags.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Last edited by David on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:37 am

He said it's for people who are in the middle of going through sex changes, people who don't identify as the gender they were born as and other things I don't remember what he said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: