Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Burns 17 wrote:
No wonder we're in such a mess with this slack, complacent and "blame everyone but Bucks" attitude among blinkered sections of our supporter group. You aren't doing anyone a favour least of all Collingwood with this blind and misguided loyalty to a clear failure of a coach ffs.

You sir are an idiot. Did you even read Cam's message above or just took the opportunity to attack me because I believe the players are to blame. Pies have had injuries the last couple of years and obviously the moron you are, believe we should be successful every year. Go **** yourself

You can't even quote another posters post properly and I'm the moron? Laughing
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:38 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
If he must go at seasons end, the only one id pick is an out of work Bomber Thompson, with a proven track record, he could do wonders with this young team.

He is a liability of a person. He was widely disliked by the Bombers players because of his inconsistency given his bi-polar tendencies.

I think that Nathan Buckley can now be judged a failure as a coach, but please don't replace him with Thompson.

I'm in the Stewart Dew camp or someone of that ilk.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Cam wrote:
Supporters don't matter. The team does. The team needs to bleed together and bond, get over the drug thing and strive together with purpose. Get the team right, and the supporters will be right too.

Although, you can't please all the supporters any of the time. The same people that bitched and moaned, wailing even, in 2009, quitting on everyone and everything, spitting on all the organisational structures that the club had, Malthouse's predictable gameplan that everyone had unpicked, and no plan B... still happily danced in the aisles in 2010.

Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die Razz

I would die for a coach who had a clue.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
If he must go at seasons end, the only one id pick is an out of work Bomber Thompson, with a proven track record, he could do wonders with this young team.

He is a liability of a person. He was widely disliked by the Bombers players because of his inconsistency given his bi-polar tendencies.

I think that Nathan Buckley can now be judged a failure as a coach, but please don't replace him with Thompson.

I'm in the Stewart Dew camp or someone of that ilk.

Why? What evidence is there that Stewart Dew would be anything other than a huge risk? There's no point changing coaches without some certainty that you're trading up.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Flashman wrote:
Mr Burns 17 wrote:
No wonder we're in such a mess with this slack, complacent and "blame everyone but Bucks" attitude among blinkered sections of our supporter group. You aren't doing anyone a favour least of all Collingwood with this blind and misguided loyalty to a clear failure of a coach ffs.

You sir are an idiot. Did you even read Cam's message above or just took the opportunity to attack me because I believe the players are to blame. Pies have had injuries the last couple of years and obviously the moron you are, believe we should be successful every year. Go **** yourself

Good on you, the first step is admitting that you've got a problem Smile
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:48 pm

Redlight wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Mr Burns 17 wrote:

A bit of passion at last!

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Cam wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
The usual disorganised mess again today. For an exercise I watched the 2010 Grand Final again. What was on show was system, discipline, players knowing their roles, believing them, and carrying them out successfully. I compare them to this current dogs breakfast and there is no comparison. We are a mess and likely to remain so under the current coach.

A few wins against weak teams whilst gratifying just papers over the cracks temporarily. The sad truth is that the "Malthouse system" will never take this team to a premiership. Given that he is a dead man walking. He just really needs to go.

There fixed it for you, timewarp style. Flashback to 2008 or 2009.

Cheap shot Cam. Except back then I stuck with Malthouse and had confidence he knew what he was doing - which of course he did. I never called for his removal once, given it was patently obvious to everyone except the most biased Buckley partisan that we were a team with a plan building towards something. For some supporters its been a case of the frogs and the stork but I base my opinions on results and competency - neither of which I see in the current incumbent. So I will change that little edit back now. Wink

PS I thought the succession plan and Buckley's appointment was a mistake back then too.[/b]

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:08 am

Cam wrote:
I'm an optimist too and having played alot of footy know that a coach doesn't do much at all. Its up to the players. I'm not sure why it took a quarter and a half and 9 demon goals before our flankers and wings shifted outwards to where the demons [and saints] were moving the ball unhindered - to simply be in the way instead of out of the way. Changing the coach will do nothing. Paul Roos is a pretty good coach I would have thought, Don Pyke has inherited a team that has bonded over a few years. Everyone thought Hinkley was a good coach, so is he now a bad coach? It's the players who make you a great team. All sacking the coach does is lead you into another false dawn, when all along it depends on the development and talent of the players and how they gel as a team. The Brat pack were talented AND they would take a bullet for each other [cough Dids cough] thats a big part of why our team won the flag.

Team needs chemistry, some coaches can create it and some can't, the ones that can't don't last very long, the chemistry we have under Bucks looks like the players are dancing with their sisters.

Mick got the boys to believe, they bought in, that ain't happening under Bucks.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:24 am

I don't see anything much to gain sacking Buckley mid season unless we start witnessing massive points defeats like Carlton last season.

While I'm totally prepared for him to be sacked at seasons end if our slide down the ladder continues for another year I'd rather we make the call once we know for sure he can't turn our season around.

After 4 rounds it's unfair to make that call.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:06 am

just wow guys, no wonder we are shit.

Eddie it seems will destroy our once great club before doing the right thing... there is no... wait until the end of the season because we don't want to seem like knee jerk and maybe Bucks might come good.... he's crap and everyone but the loyalist of Pies supporters has known it for years - I have been waiting years, I'm going to have to wait years during our 'real' recovery, and now it seems even more so because obviously this man cannot be sacked... he just keeps blaming the players and Eddie is his #$@%!%## (edited) - its beyond ridiculous
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:28 am

I see no point in sacking Buckley now. Who do you trade up to ?
And it lets the players off the hook. The ones who play badly, make terrible decisions dont give a rats. And we are not a total basket case. We have been beaten by two good teams when we have played a bad quarter.
We do have a lot of problems but its too easy to blame the coaches for all of them.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:47 am

swoop42 wrote:
I don't see anything much to gain sacking Buckley mid season unless we start witnessing massive points defeats like Carlton last season.

While I'm totally prepared for him to be sacked at seasons end if our slide down the ladder continues for another year I'd rather we make the call once we know for sure he can't turn our season around.

After 4 rounds it's unfair to make that call.

If we had played the Hawks, north, I'd agree, but we are getting made look foolish by last seasons cellar dwellers. The bombers will mash us next week.

Though I agree also, he should not be sacked; if he had a shred of decency, he would resign. But he's too arrogant, he believes. Problem is, it seems his players don't. The last two performances have been soul destroying. And since the tigers have embarrassed themselves, that last gasp win doesn't mean as much as we thought, by the looks of it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:51 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Cam wrote:
I'm an optimist too and having played alot of footy know that a coach doesn't do much at all. Its up to the players. I'm not sure why it took a quarter and a half and 9 demon goals before our flankers and wings shifted outwards to where the demons [and saints] were moving the ball unhindered - to simply be in the way instead of out of the way. Changing the coach will do nothing. Paul Roos is a pretty good coach I would have thought, Don Pyke has inherited a team that has bonded over a few years. Everyone thought Hinkley was a good coach, so is he now a bad coach? It's the players who make you a great team. All sacking the coach does is lead you into another false dawn, when all along it depends on the development and talent of the players and how they gel as a team. The Brat pack were talented AND they would take a bullet for each other [cough Dids cough] thats a big part of why our team won the flag.

Team needs chemistry, some coaches can create it and some can't, the ones that can't don't last very long, the chemistry we have under Bucks looks like the players are dancing with their sisters.

Mick got the boys to believe, they bought in, that ain't happening under Bucks.

Nail, hammer, head.

It doesn't matter if it's buckleys fault or not, it's far easier to get a new coach than find 22 elite players with nothing to do. Those against bomber, why not give him a try until season end? How many teams get a new coach and go on to give an amazing performance the very next week? I don't particularly like him, but that's my anti Essendon and Geelong thing, but he is a proven Premiership coach of recent times. Seriously, what do we have to loose? Is it going to take getting smashed by Cartlon to convince some of you?

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:53 am

Redlight wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Mr Burns 17 wrote:

Yep I'm just another thicko that wants to judge a coach on his results and team performance over his entire coaching tenure.

I'll leave the wishy washy "he'll come good" "we'll be right" "there's no problems' "Bux is the best" bullshit to genius's like you. Though I notice that you've taken to playing the man instead of offering anything tangible just like that other Buckley apologist clown.

I wonder why that is? I suppose it must be hard coming up a valid argument to retain the golden boy when you don't have any legs at all to stand on.
Mr Burns 17 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:23 am

Flashman, I let you off lightly initially and unfortunately you have decided to label me an apologist Buckley clown. Just if you could enlighten me as to how you come up with this garbage. And to think the mods got my last post for calling you out. I would even go as far back as to say you would have been one of the masses who hailed the McGuire succession plan, genius. I was never comfortable with it, as Mick was a great coach and teacher of men. We change coach now like you and your other so called pie fans and the press want, the club is set back many more years as we rebuild. Not sure if you have ever heard the expression rope a dope, because you have been roped. Go pies and to the haters who want Buckley gone and think they know better than the club, get stuffed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: