Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
and Maynard looked bloody terrific this weekend. Along with Blair, I thought Maynard was the shining light in the debacle.

Agree, been improving each game. Still prone to an occasional brain fade but that's as much an inexperience thing as anything (I hope).
roar 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:40 am

Maynard's brain fades are more than occasional, he still loses his man far too often and is not fit enough. I would still persist with him but he has been disappointing.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:53 am

I doubt we'll roll the dice on Cloke just yet. I suspect the club will give him another 1-2 weeks in the vfl before that happens. He is steadily improving though and had more of an impact on the game last week. I noticed he was running up the ground more and creating a contest - that's what we want to see.

As for changes, it depends on injuries of course. Langdon may miss with the ankle. Not sure if he knocked it, twisted it or rolled it. It would depend on how he pulled up. Anyone know if he trained?

We need Adams back. His absence was telling in the clearances because that's where he dominates.

Greenwood needs to step up. I'm not convinced about his output. It's one thing being able to tackle well but you need to provide run and carry as well and we're not seeing that from him as much as we should.

I anticipate a big game from Howe. This guy is a seasoned campaigner now and had a few weeks to adjust. Time to step up to the plate and do more than the brief cameo up forward. I'd send him back because that's where he was playing good footy before coming over to us. Swing him round with Reid. That would confuse the scum having those two swap roles.

Sinclair was concussed again and may miss another week.

Grundy got rag dolled last week. Seems to lack the strength and ability to bully in a ruck duel or marking contest. Nic Nat was jumping all over him last week.

Maybe Aish to replace Broomhead who did bugger all. I seriously didn't even know he was there until I saw him running around in a Collingwood jumper. Sure he's had a few set backs this year but someone needs to stand up and be counted and I think that someone is him.

I think we'll persevere with Smith. He's new and still needs time to settle and adjust. He wins the ball and can use it relatively ok.

Need a big game from Faz if we're to be a chance.

Will be 2 changes at the most. Lets try and keep a settled side. I know injuries don't help but we need continuity.

We cannot lose this - no matter what.

It begins and ends in the midfield but our rucks needs to start getting the ball into the hands of team mates so they can clear it.

I want to see us using the ball more effectively, and with impact. We're inclined to handball at any given opportunity instead of kicking and end up in trouble as a result. Take responsibility and kick it. We saw evidence of what's possible if everyone is switched on.

I want a four quarter effort too. No slacking off either. Put the scum to the sword and make the bastards earn each and every possession.

Oh, and someone put Daisy out.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 am

Thunderbird wrote:
First posting so please excuse any stuff ups.

I understand the comments about individual players but at this level any bloke who runs on to the ground (for any team) is elite. Some are better than others but the critical element is attitude and knowing the game plan. Maxwell was a great example.
Buckley has dropped from 68% wins in 2012 to 45.5% wins in 2015. The only worst performing coaches (excluding poor Mick Erwin) was Murray Weidemann 42% and Tony Shaw 34% both absolute legends for the club (like Buckley) and both took us to a wooden spoon. I don't think the players are the problem.

Congrats on your first post and welcome to Nick's.

Thanks for your opinion and I accept that.

I on the other hand think that if you haven't got the right cattle all fit and running, having the best coach in the entire planet won't help.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:45 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
P:251 W:122 D:4 L:125

Just three more wins in a row against these clowns and we can erase the worst stain on our great Club's playing record before the end of 2017. I don't care what it takes. Just Do It.

Pity that after years of playing the scum twice, we only play then once this season..... Crying or Very sad Sad

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 am

Smash, smash, smash them...and all is forgiven.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:58 am

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Just three more wins in a row against these clowns and we can erase the worst stain on our great Club's playing record before the end of 2017. I don't care what it takes. Just Do It.

Pity that after years of playing the scum twice, we only play then once this season..... Crying or Very sad Sad

incorrect. round 15. we only play essendon once.

Thunderbird 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:07 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach says
"They are if your opponents are more talented and experienced than you are, but that's too simple for people to work out".

So how do you you explain GWS beating the Hawks.
Hawks have an average games played of a massive 86.6 against the GWS of just 56.9 (second highest versus second lowest)?

Collingwood's average games played has crept up to 9th at 69.5 against Melbourne's 57.5 (16th) and Saints 60.2 (13th) and we got smashed.

At this level talent is a product of confidence, belief in the team, hunger, determination AND a game plan (which is the Coaches job).

Beating the Scum is not a done deal. In the games they have won we can see that B.Gibbs at HB, Ed.Curnow at C, Daisy on the wing, M.Wright at HF and M.Murphy in the F all link up. The rest of the team opens up play for them (just watch a replay). If we can sever that flow their attack will falter and become very fragmented.

As much as I think Cloke needs 2 years in the VFL we need him on the Wing (not named at full forward) and he needs to physically monster Daisy (restrict his marking) and break down their structure. Mason needs to neutralise Gibbs and I believe he has the skills to reduce his drive (and their attack) out of the backline and keep it in our 50.

Buckley seems to turn up every week and do the same thing and not have a specific plan. We need to stop being so predictable if we want to beat the Scum.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:04 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

incorrect. round 15. we only play essendon once.

OOPS JW.... Embarassed Embarassed

I stand corrected. Happy now. Laughing

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Will beat a plucky Blues outfit off a sluggish Perth return trip by an unconvincing 23 points. oh yeah, if we lose then sack the coach!

MONCO: Your life.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:14 am

Interesting on 360 last night
Gerrard mentioned when talking about clubs who aren't were people expected them to be ladder wise he said "Collingwood are clearly a development side" "There age profile & games profile is exactly that of a development side" "The club has clearly sent the wrong message to its supporter base on exactly where this list sits"
Now I knew we were still developing but when he highlighted our age profile and games profile it actually hit home we are still years away from being a side challenging for a flag.
As disappointing as this is its reality.
I don't think we are finished at the trade table either as we have some glaring gaps in our side in regards to structure.
Patience is a virtue we will need in spades but I doubt we are going to get much around here.
Also I wonder how much patience the board will show towards Bucks
The appointment of Gubby Allen a trusted and intelligent man who oversaw the lions years of glory and assembled the GWS list (don't believe it was Silvani for a second) if this is going to be a restructure of coaching development recruiting etc under the guise of him performing another job.
The timing of the appointment is uncanny for mind
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:34 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Gerrard mentioned when talking about clubs who aren't were people expected them to be ladder wise he said "Collingwood are clearly a development side" "There age profile & games profile is exactly that of a development side" "The club has clearly sent the wrong message to its supporter base on exactly where this list sits"
Now I knew we were still developing but when he highlighted our age profile and games profile it actually hit home we are still years away from being a side challenging for a flag.
I don't think we are finished at the trade table either as we have some glaring gaps in our side in regards to structure.
Patience is a virtue we will need in spades but I doubt we are going to get much around here.
The appointment of Gubby Allen a trusted and intelligent man who oversaw the lions years of glory and assembled the GWS list (don't believe it was Silvani for a second) if this is going to be a restructure of coaching development recruiting etc under the guise of him performing another job.

Totally agree with you qldmagpie67, specially the part about Allen.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:06 am

edit
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:00 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Unless I've been asleep for the last two years the club sent a very clear message to its supporter base at the end of 2014 that it was a developing side. The difference of opinion has been whether it was the right decision to cut so deeply into the list to regenerate the list, or persist with the players who delivered us the 2010 flag. We will never know the answer to this. There are arguments which run both ways. To put this into perspective 16 other clubs were faced with the same dilemma we had - that is, what to do when the two new sides in GC and GWS have access to every top draft in the country. Some clubs like Hawthorn were very clever in pinpointing just the right player they needed to top up their list. Others like Melbourne had no choice but to compete with GWS for draft picks. What I think is irrefutable is that last year, when we were sitting at 8 and 3, there was a false expectation that we were better than we were. We were brought back to reality with a thud in the second half of the season. This year we fast tracked our development by bringing in three experienced players. Again, this brought a false sense of expectation that we are better than we really are. Beneath the spector of a major signing in Treloar, we overlooked more loss of experience from last year and the drafting of more junior talent who will take time to develop. It all takes time but supporters as well as the patrons who finance the club are impatient to wait too long.
iandrews 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:56 am

Not sure if this is the correct pice of this post but here goes anyway. I have 2 adult and 1 child tickets to Saturday's game I'm just looking for face value of $80 for them will consider offers. Can meet at the gate to give tickets. I'm not a scalper am traveling from Perth to see the game and my mum got tickets without me knowing so just trying to give them to someone that wants to go. Thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: