Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

In defence of OUR coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jez07 wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Excellent post Rudeboy. It's easier for people to land cheap shots by being negative than do the hard yards when things are tough. They are the downhill skier type supporters.

I attended every home game in 1999, did you?

I'm guessing they were all at Princess Park Jezaulenko.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Great point. I always said Buckley was cursed. But it can go either way. It hasn't worked out. You move on and renew. However, what makes Collingwood Collingwood, as Ed has demonstrated today, is we agonise over it. Just get it done.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:46 pm

1970 wrote:
Great point. I always said Buckley was cursed. But it can go either way. It hasn't worked out. You move on and renew. However, what makes Collingwood Collingwood, as Ed has demonstrated today, is we agonise over it. Just get it done.

Well with Bucks not Winning a Flag as a Player and as Coach there always seems to have Injures

Jez07 

RudeBoy wrote:
Jez07 wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Excellent post Rudeboy. It's easier for people to land cheap shots by being negative than do the hard yards when things are tough. They are the downhill skier type supporters.

I attended every home game in 1999, did you?

I'm guessing they were all at Princess Park Jezaulenko.

No. A combination of Victoria Park and the MCG. The day we beat Fremantle on a wet day at the MCG with Patterson kicking 4 goals is one of my happiest football memories.

Last edited by Jez07 on Mon May 09, 2016 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Staunton Virgo

thompsoc wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Another excuse thread dressed up as another excuse thread.

If Buckley bled B&W he would walk away now before he destroys any more of our beloved player's careers.

p.s. keep the 1.5Million Bucks Bucks and Buck OFF.

Have you considered that if Buckley was to walk away from the club tomorrow it may leave the club in far greater disarray than if he was to stick it out.

For starters one of the assistant coaches would have to take over till the end of the season. The players will be ashamed that their performances have just got their senior coach sacked. Think what pressure that will make on the assistant coach taking over. The player confidence levels are already low over the Carlton game. Think what their confidence levels will be like under a new coach.

Going by what other clubs do when they sack their senior coach, they usually go outside their club at the end of the season to seek a new coach. So let's say Scott Burns takes over as temporary coach till the end of the season. I'm assuming our injuries continue so we don't win another game for the season. Scott Burns is assumed no better than Buckley by association so his coaching career aspirations are wrecked.

At the end of the season we seek an experienced coaching replacement for Buckley. Roos is returning to the US to live, Clarkson has just signed a coaching extension at Hawthorn and Thompson is a head case.

Not having a viable experienced AFL coach to replace Buckley we are forced to go with one of the untried experienced assistant coaches at another club. The most obvious choices which spring to mind are Leigh Tudor or Stewart Dew.

We have a very inexperienced young team going into the 2017 season. What makes people confident that we are going to go any better under a new coach than we are already under Buckley. If we lose the first few games of next season under a new coach do we get the knives out to

Sounds like Ground Hog day to me.

Man you don't really get it do you.
The season is a write off now.
The players aren't attached to Bucks, I reckon a fair amount don't like his style.
Sacking Bux just puts a line in the sand ... no more on this path.
With a interim coach things might loosen up a bit.
Might not win another match all year.
But at least we will freshen up and some different plans would be put in place.
No one including the Sad Saacks are going to start back stabbing the new coach.
It will probably take at least a year.
But one thing will be different.
There will be HOPE!
Which is better than the feeling most of us have now.

Unless Robert Harvey gets the gig....

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:52 pm

thompsoc wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

If Buckley bled B&W he would walk away now before he destroys any more of our beloved player's careers.

Have you considered that if Buckley was to walk away from the club tomorrow it may leave the club in far greater disarray than if he was to stick it out.

For starters one of the assistant coaches would have to take over till the end of the season. The players will be ashamed that their performances have just got their senior coach sacked. Think what pressure that will make on the assistant coach taking over. The player confidence levels are already low over the Carlton game. Think what their confidence levels will be like under a new coach.

Going by what other clubs do when they sack their senior coach, they usually go outside their club at the end of the season to seek a new coach. So let's say Scott Burns takes over as temporary coach till the end of the season. I'm assuming our injuries continue so we don't win another game for the season. Scott Burns is assumed no better than Buckley by association so his coaching career aspirations are wrecked.

At the end of the season we seek an experienced coaching replacement for Buckley. Roos is returning to the US to live, Clarkson has just signed a coaching extension at Hawthorn and Thompson is a head case.

Not having a viable experienced AFL coach to replace Buckley we are forced to go with one of the untried experienced assistant coaches at another club. The most obvious choices which spring to mind are Leigh Tudor or Stewart Dew.

We have a very inexperienced young team going into the 2017 season. What makes people confident that we are going to go any better under a new coach than we are already under Buckley. If we lose the first few games of next season under a new coach do we get the knives out to

The players aren't attached to Bucks, I reckon a fair amount don't like his style.
There will be HOPE!

So you'd like a spill to make YOU feel better. Regardless of what's in the club's best interest. You make outlandish statements based on nothing. How can you say that the players aren't attached to the coach when the one guy who'd have reason to be unhappy with him (Travis Cloke) came out today saying he loves him and doesn't want to go anywhere. So did Treloar on the weekend. You're full of it mate.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Damien wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

There will be HOPE!

So you'd like a spill to make YOU feel better. Regardless of what's in the club's best interest. You make outlandish statements based on nothing. How can you say that the players aren't attached to the coach when the one guy who'd have reason to be unhappy with him (Travis Cloke) came out today saying he loves him and doesn't want to go anywhere. So did Treloar on the weekend. You're full of it mate.

Better off ignoring those hell bent on attacking our club Damien.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:04 pm

^ yes, the ignore button does work a treat, I can vouch for that.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:05 pm

I consider making a political statement by altering the club logo far more offensive than anything said about the club here.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:54 pm

This thread is symptomatic.

Rudeboy put forward a very well-thought-out opinion about the current situation, only to be met by shallow responses, mostly from the same vocal, but idea-limited, lynch mob.

A mob that was joined recently, and is now apparently led by, the uber-troll Jez07,

Jez07 is an expert on coaching, an elite tactician and game plan analyst. He/she has reassured us of that, relentlessly, since the day they joined.

Knowledge no doubt developed when he/she went to some games 17 years ago.

Impressive.

We should all look to such stalwarts as Jez 'I'm ashamed to be a Collingwood supporter' 07, for guidance when things get tough.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:10 pm

Well done Damien
A great rant.
It really shows up out on the field how the players love him.
I know for a fact that the Hobbit loves him!
Who else would give him a gig.
He has shrine dedicated to Bux at his house.
So Cloke loves Bux ha ha ha!
what is he going to say ...he hates him.
In the the words of that great Aussie movie...
Daryl get your hand off it.
Sorry, it is Damien isn't it.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm sorry but I can't defend Buckley in any way. You're judged by results and results alone and Buckley is not achieving that and doesn't look like he will any time soon.

He's set the standard for the club and the players and it's clear that they're not responding to what he has to say.

His game plan is ineffective and it's clear that the players look lost and confused. I'd even go as far as to say that they lack heart and desire.

We're hearing excuses week after week but no one seems to be taking any responsibility or getting made accountable.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:55 pm

I cringe every time I see someone criticising the Club being called a troll...

But right now I'm starting to suspect the few remaining supporters of Bucks are surely taking the piss as keeping him as a coach would be music to all our haters ears.
We've become an utter laughing stock and are at our lowest ebb since late 90's despite only a few years ago dreaming of dynasties yet there are people still supporting a person largely responsible for it.....

You couldn't make this shit up.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:59 pm

Beast wrote:

But right now I'm starting to suspect the few remaining supporters of Bucks are surely taking the piss as keeping him as a coach would be music to all our haters ears.
We've become an utter laughing stock and are at our lowest ebb since late 90's despite only a few years ago dreaming of dynasties yet there are people still supporting a person largely responsible for it.....

It's easy to see who the trolls are, how anyone I their right mind can defend what's going on is either mentally handicapped, or a troll.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:16 am

Beast wrote:

You cringe everytime someone has the utter gall to challenge a negative opinion?

It's extraordinary that some, like you, think that only positive posts can be challenged and that people who defend the club/coach should be silenced.

I find that very odd.

BTW, I note that you've crawled out the woodwork now that we've hit a really rough patch. Five posts since August last year, all since April.

Well, welcome back (I guess) you and Jez are going to love each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: