Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My confusion with Bucks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Just watched 360

I was about to smash things and it seemed but then something happened.

Gerard questioned him and basically gave Bucks an out of jail card with a big fat lie of an excuse, but Buck's response was awesome.

Im too tired to quote it right now but I had goosebumps and immediately thought that we will win this weekend.

It was around our best footy is good enough.
Sounds usual boring stuff, but this seemed different.

I tipped Carlton last week but right now i'm bullish on our chances at the Gabba.

Will do the quotes of what was asked and what he said tomorrow.

I'm taking you on face value with that comment and I think I know the part you referred to.

Gerrard suggested that we were a development side, like Richmond and freo and we should modify our expectations for the season like Freo had.

Bucks got a bit animated at that and said that they'd discussed it internally and injuries were no excuse. Every week they picked a team to win the game and he'd be judged by wins and losses.

Gerrard suggested that was akin to walking to the guillotine and bucks just said, so be it. We're picking teams to win and he's happy to be judged on wins and losses.

Not just what he said but the way he said it showed me he has the passion. He's not making excuses, he put the coaching group in the same bucket as the playing group as needing to harden up.

If that attitude and passion gets into the playing group, we WILL win against the Brions on the weekend.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:43 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
. Over time he improved greatly as a captain in this area.

And do you know why this happened Member 7167? He listened to those he respected eg Scotty Burns, took on board what they said and changed his ways. I doubt very much that he has lost that ability for critical self-analysis and the ability to learn and change what's not working..

I fully agree. His improvement would have come from a number of sources such as taking advice from other leaders such as Scott Burns, gaining an understating of what he was doing wrong through self analysis and the benefits of experience and maturity.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Bucks says its not up to him to motivate people.
Actually getting the best out of people, ie motivating, is the majority of the coaches jobs.

Thats a lot of the reason why he speaks well but is poor coach as he cant get the best out of people. He actually doesnt even think thats his job.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Just watched 360

I was about to smash things and it seemed but then something happened.

Gerard questioned him and basically gave Bucks an out of jail card with a big fat lie of an excuse, but Buck's response was awesome.

Im too tired to quote it right now but I had goosebumps and immediately thought that we will win this weekend.

It was around our best footy is good enough.
Sounds usual boring stuff, but this seemed different.

I tipped Carlton last week but right now i'm bullish on our chances at the Gabba.

Will do the quotes of what was asked and what he said tomorrow.

I'm taking you on face value with that comment and I think I know the part you referred to.

Gerrard suggested that we were a development side, like Richmond and freo and we should modify our expectations for the season like Freo had.

Bucks got a bit animated at that and said that they'd discussed it internally and injuries were no excuse. Every week they picked a team to win the game and he'd be judged by wins and losses.

Gerrard suggested that was akin to walking to the guillotine and bucks just said, so be it. We're picking teams to win and he's happy to be judged on wins and losses.

Not just what he said but the way he said it showed me he has the passion. He's not making excuses, he put the coaching group in the same bucket as the playing group as needing to harden up.

If that attitude and passion gets into the playing group, we WILL win against the Brions on the weekend.

Yes mate - that's exactly the part.

Bucks said walking the path to the guillotine is the only path.
To walk another is to have failed already.
My god I'm getting goose bumps again, it really was some of the best stuff I've heard from anybody.

BUT

Heard Eddie on the radio this morning and he was on the total opposite page.
He was in full flight with the excuses, worse than I have heard anybody ever.
Over the top excuse making. Ridiculously attacking Caroline again.
I don't know who's master he was trying to be with this.

I'm just so confused.
What the hell are they doing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: