Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
58pie wrote:
Thank God Toovey went off , that spoil in the second quarter was pathetic and he only had one disposal till then. <snip, this is unessecary and unhelpful - bbmods>
Blair and Jessie can join him.
When is Bucks going to pick a real fair dinkum side on form, flaiir and class and not favorites.
Go Pies & Cloke must be coming back.

You're just a <snip> really, what sort of <snip, you're better than that - bbmods> actually wishing for these things?

<snip, you've been asked before to cut out this kind of posting. Consider this a warning. -bbmods>

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:24 am

jackcass wrote:
58pie wrote:
Thank God Toovey went off , that spoil in the second quarter was pathetic and he only had one disposal till then. <snip, this is unessecary and unhelpful - bbmods>
When is Bucks going to pick a real fair dinkum side on form, flaiir and class and not favorites.

You're just a <snip>really, what sort of <snip, you're better than that - bbmods> actually wishing for these things?

<snip, you can cut out this childish name-calling as well. Warned. - bbmods>

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:46 am

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
the obvious question: does the selection committee hold their nerve or give trav a call up. moore with a suspected broken collarbone.

That'd be a shame for Moore, thought that was his best game YTD.

Bloody injury curse gave us a couple of weeks off but hit back with a vengeance today.

Wait and see who comes up but you'd reckon Witts, Marsh, Sinclair, Aish, Goodyear, and Cloke all in the mix for a call-up.

Not sure why Maynard is copping so much critisism, thought today was easily his best game in 2016.

Cox battled hard but had little impact, Grundy started well but faded after 1/4 time. Couldn't grab a pack mark between them when needed.

I was also clearly watching a different Blair than some, thought he was fantastic today.

I guess we'll get Brown and Wills back at VFL level, Langdon and Broomhead an outside chance. Who knows when Gault will return.

Shame Melbourne had to run Port back into some sort of form, it doesn't get any easier.

i too thought blair was good, particularly his work off the ball.

Yep, 20 disposal, 4 marks, 1 goal 1, 6 tackles, 3 I50s, 65%DE, did a lot of the grunt work in the packs... not sure what more you'd want from a small forward.

Certainly had more impact than De Goey, White, Varcoe, Crocker, Moore, and Cox. Fas is the only forward on par.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:54 am

I expect us to fall into a heap now. 4 injuries is just too much on top of other injuries. Any cohesion gained in the last fortnight disappears with 4 or 5 changes.

Even the Bulldogs played horribly with 4 changes.

I hope Ports team bus explodes from the airport to the hotel.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:05 pm

Tough time for a KPF to go down on the back of a VFL bye... If not Cloke, would there be any consideration to Reid playing forward with Frost and Marsh the key backs? If Brown is fit, Brown and Frost maybe...

Personally, I want Reid to stay in defence - he is a CHB without question and in combination with Howe and Ox, we have some good intercept marking and clean disposal (mostly).
Gonzalo 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Same old pattern. Exert a lot of pressure, battle away and take the ball forward but waste the opportunities. You can't fault the application but this game was a carbon copy of our performances when we failed to beat Fremantle, Hawthorn and Port last year. There has been no improvement this season and the same issues will remain if the club doesn't have an excess of forwards who have X Factor (think Eddie Betts) who can cash in opportunities.

The game plan isn't sustainable, it is based on maniac pressure and it is contributing to the high injury rates.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:38 pm

58pie wrote:
Thank God Toovey went off , that spoil in the second quarter was pathetic and he only had one disposal till then. Hope he stays on the injury list.

Great support for an injured Premiership player. Toovey is certainly past his best and if all players were available he probably would not get in the 22.

He has never been the same since his knee reco and he certainly seems a bit slower. In his prime he was rarely beaten. That said, show him the respect he has earned.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:47 pm

I'm REALLY worried about Cloke coming back...

I can't explain it, and I don't want to sound negative, but it scares me a lot he'll ruin everything

Am I being unfair?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:53 pm

The_Staunton wrote:

I can't explain it, and I don't want to sound negative, but it scares me a lot he'll ruin everything

Am I being unfair?

No I don't think you are being unfair.

The reality is that we don't know how he will perform.

A great method of coping might be to hope for the best but expect anything.. Cool

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:55 pm

The_Staunton wrote:

Am I being unfair?

I understand where your coming from
I'm not scared but I am concerned that he hasn't earned his spot back like the coach wanted.
Maybe we could throw a arm around his shoulder and tell him "hey Trav you haven't completely done as we asked but you have shown improvement and we can see you trying. We're down on our knees now Trav with injuries and we need you to be the Travis Cloke we know you can be. We're going to pick you and back you come hell or high water show us you belong again"
Give him some love now he's had the tough love approach so maybe we can just love him and he can come good or at least show the effort required.
You know the more I think about it the more I think it could be a blessing in disguise. I was getting concerned with Moore being crashed around so much with a slender frame. Him missing a few weeks won't hurt his development at all he's shown the courage already and his skills are ever improving. Maybe Cloke coming in and being made the main man again will boost his ego/confidence enough to garner the burger back and set the comp alight again
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:59 pm

When the team kicks 7 goals in an entire game of football at the MCG against an opposition that can't play that ground adequately and, in any event, has no proper-size KPDs, I think you have other things to worry about than whether our 237 game champion CHF will make the team worse.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:15 pm

The possible ins are;

Cloke
Goldsack
Sinclair
Williams
Brown

Yet we have played out best football this season (the last 3 weeks) without any of them.

No one would have thought that with those 5 out (add Swan, Elliott, Ramsay etc too) we would be even competitive, yet we have been.

If, as expected, the 4 injured from yesterday don't come up, we actually have some quality depth to come in though (see above).

I expect us to beat both Port and the Dees.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:05 pm

The_Staunton wrote:

Am I being unfair?

No its very fair, he will ruin everything, we have been playing with a game plan where our CHF is a decoy and doesn't get a kick, Travis might change that and try and win the ball, will really throw the side off balance. Poor Coxy might have to live with a CHF taking marks and hitting him on the chest with a 50m kick, wont know what to do!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:08 pm

mattys123 wrote:
The possible ins are;

Cloke
Goldsack
Sinclair
Williams
Brown

Yet we have played out best football this season (the last 3 weeks) without any of them.

No one would have thought that with those 5 out (add Swan, Elliott, Ramsay etc too) we would be even competitive, yet we have been.

If, as expected, the 4 injured from yesterday don't come up, we actually have some quality depth to come in though (see above).

I expect us to beat both Port and the Dees.

Best football? We beat a true bottom 4 side who are just shit, beat Geelong who then lost to Carlton and lost a game where we only kicked 7 goals and everyone is talking it up as a magnificent performance...

I know our season has been pretty shit all round, but to talk up the last 3 weeks as something special is a bit of a stretch!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:10 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
[quote="The_Staunton"]I'm REALLY worried about Cloke coming back...

Am I being unfair?[/quote]

No its very fair, he will ruin everything, we have been playing with a game plan where our CHF is a decoy and doesn't get a kick, Travis might change that and try and win the ball, will really throw the side off balance. Poor Coxy might have to live with a CHF taking marks and hitting him on the chest with a 50m kick, wont know what to do!
Please make some suggestions for improvement.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17   

Jump to: