Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

King Monkey wrote:
Ha! Sat in our Etihad home seats aisle 2 to the left of the cheersquad.
Area half empty as usual.

This is the "if it wasn't so disturbing it might be funny" bit - the usher made sure she checked my card to the nth degree to make sure I sat my allocated seat.
Surely on a night like last night they just shouldn't care where anyone sits.....

I was also in aisle 2.

Agree with your comments that it's ridiculous that ushers check your membership tickets on a night where the match couldn't even attract 20,000 people to the ground.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Beast wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Crowds follow wins, amd especially wins in games that determine ladder position. Always have, always will. If it turns around next year as I expect, the crowds will be back.

Don't buy it for a second, we were a massive $1.20 certainty last night and people had the chance to see our last win for the year yet the turn our was appalling.
Our brand has a lot more to do with it than bandwagonning.

"Wins" plural. People go to see their side when it is winning regularly and contending against the other good sides. Pies fans are no different.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Did it strike anyone else how silent, not quiet, silent, the atmosphere was when the umpire bounced the ball to start each quarter??

Some genius has decided it's a good idea to blare music over the PA right up until the bounce. Crowd involvement = 0.
FAIL.

Now, I'm sure the marketing/"match-day experience" department has a reason for doing this, I suspect it has something to do with - "because everyone else does it"....
We are Collingwood, I've always been really proud that I follow a great club that doesn't play follow the leader.
It's got to the stage that we're actually following a corporate franchise, not a football club anymore. It's sad......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:22 pm
Post subject: Re: 17,644Reply with quote

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Jeepers. Lowest home crowd since 1989. Our lowest Victorian crowd since Fitzroy game in 1994!!!

Shame on you Collingwood supporters. How dare you vote with your feet. Embrace mediocrity for god sake. Embrace excuses.

Turn up to nothing round 22 games and stand by Buckley you selfish buggers!

"Collingwood: we owe you nothing!"

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:29 pm

The days of big crowds every week are over.
For collingwood and other teams.
The mcg is too big for us with most games.
We need a 35000 seat stadium like AAMI park.
Small stadium big atmosphere.
Big stadium no atmosphere.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:20 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Did it strike anyone else how silent, not quiet, silent, the atmosphere was when the umpire bounced the ball to start each quarter??

Some genius has decided it's a good idea to blare music over the PA right up until the bounce. Crowd involvement = 0.
FAIL.

Now, I'm sure the marketing/"match-day experience" department has a reason for doing this, I suspect it has something to do with - "because everyone else does it"....
We are Collingwood, I've always been really proud that I follow a great club that doesn't play follow the leader.
It's got to the stage that we're actually following a corporate franchise, not a football club anymore. It's sad......

Bang on there.

One reason I've stopped going is the complete lack of crowd atmosphere.

I used to go if we were winning or losing. Games now just have no crowd passion. One reason you turn up over watching on TV.

Blaring music drowning out the crowd build up before games I think is one reason.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:24 am

Culprit wrote:
Members/Supporters have been voting with their feet regrading Shitihad stadium for years and the AFL and the Club simply ignore that fact. The AFL try to make some dollars playing a "well supported club" there. It has been an absolute failure this year and I am loving it. In my view the Caterers who pay big dollars for the catering rights should be seeking a renegotiation of the contract. In saying that the Dogs and Roos have been getting bums on seats because they win more than lose and that offsets the loss of bums from our games. Add The current form of the Pies and that of the opposition and basically it was a nothing game, I would suggest it was a good crowd.

Nothing will change as the AFL and the Club treat it's members and supporters with disdain as they try to turn our game into a TV game like the NRL.

Nrl would be happy with a crowd like that
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:07 am

STOKA35 wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Members/Supporters have been voting with their feet regrading Shitihad stadium for years and the AFL and the Club simply ignore that fact. The AFL try to make some dollars playing a "well supported club" there. It has been an absolute failure this year and I am loving it. In my view the Caterers who pay big dollars for the catering rights should be seeking a renegotiation of the contract. In saying that the Dogs and Roos have been getting bums on seats because they win more than lose and that offsets the loss of bums from our games. Add The current form of the Pies and that of the opposition and basically it was a nothing game, I would suggest it was a good crowd.

Nothing will change as the AFL and the Club treat it's members and supporters with disdain as they try to turn our game into a TV game like the NRL.

That's a finals crowd at the NRL Razz
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:20 am

How many pro Buckley supporters are actually turning up?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
For us fans who actually turn up and have to put up with this debacle of a coaching era, turn up you puissant sycophants!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:48 am

You could argue that the opposition played a large part in crowd non attendance especially given the fact all the papers during the week were bemoaning the fact how they (the Suns) have so many players out. Couple that with we aren't in finals contention and have been up and down (form wise) all season and the weather conditions and it was always a recipe for disaster.
Yes there are always fair weather fans who attend when we are flying and don't show up when we are going to poorly.
There are also fans who go to most games but don't like Etihad stadium for whatever reason (I know when I travel down for games I never go Etihad)
I'm not sure on the membership number breakdown but I'm guessing there would be a fair amount of non Melbourne based members who only attend a certain amount of games a year (I include country Victoria and interstate members in this group)
I think everyone was pretty sure it was never going to be a high standard game (read the pre game thread) who just didn't want to waste there hard earned on the extras you pay for and spend in attending games.
I would be more concerned if our membership numbers were down by 10% + (in real terms not dicky pet members or other methods used to bolster numbers)
Honestly we have never been a huge crowd puller at Etihad more often than not when we play away games there we are or appears to be heavily out numbered by opposition fans.
Yes Buckley haters will say it's because he can't coach being the reason but heck they will also say Buckley is responsible for the federal deficit, ISIS, global warming our failure at the olympics and Trump running for president he's a soft target for them
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:58 am

King Monkey wrote:

FAIL.

Yeah I mentioned in the game day thread that at times it was almost as quiet as the Anzac Day minutes silence, never seen anything like it, not even at VFL games.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:02 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
How many pro Buckley supporters are actually turning up?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
For us fans who actually turn up and have to put up with this debacle of a coaching era, turn up you puissant sycophants!

Good point.

I have to say, it was the most boring game I can remember attending. There was only 6 people in the row I was in, I almost laid down on the padded seats for a nap! I want to see a contest, not a team playing keeping a off. I want smashing bodies. I actually missed the one bit of drama (not that I'd wish that fate on anyone) because I was off with the fairies. It was bloody awful to watch. If someone said 'the games on tonight, it will be the same as last week" I'd stay home. Does that make me a shit supporter? No it makes me a fan who wants her monies worth! Oh and my ticket was free!

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:38 am

Culprit wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:
Culprit wrote:

That's a finals crowd at the NRL Razz

If I heard it right, Canberra and Parramatta drew an 18,000 crowd.

That aside, when "brand" and "corporate franchise" are the terms used in 2016, it tells me we are so far away from the game many of us grew up with. This makes me sad.

MM

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:12 am

Yep a low crowd a bit like a demon crowd at full capacity, i smiled when i heard they lost yesterday , even though it was to the filth.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:16 am

Variable games pricing
Foxtel subscriptions vs walking
The insane reserved seating that puts punters in the nosebleeds despite thousands of better seats being available
Food prices
Memberships that give no value, cheaper to go to the gate. I walked up maybe 7-8 times but didn't buy a membership coz i didn't want the bs waiting time for the card etc etc etc
Public transport disruptions to train lines, one game I got home at 2 am with wife and daughter after leaving at 10:15...
Cold winter for Gen X & Y means better off staying inside at home
No Finals for Collingwood
Change of commitment to anything let alone live sport
Smartphone use, internet, online gaming
The fake bs at the grounds with recorded cheering
Sterilised banner messages
Smoking rules [i'm a non smoker but know people are frustrated]
No yelling or you get get reported if someone is offended
The bs flag animation after a goal i mean COME ON, its not even #$# advertising. WHO APPROVED THAT ANNOYING IDIOCY WE JUST WANT A REPLAY of the @#$#@$ GOALS

There's a few reasons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: