Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie McGuire - Time To Go?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Eddie McGuire leave Collingwood?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 50 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 28 ]
Undecided
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 90

BenBronx 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc63 wrote:
^ The man has become a complete embarrassment.

Not quite sure if you mean Ed or I? lol
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 pm

BenBronx wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
^ The man has become a complete embarrassment.

Not quite sure if you mean Ed or I? lol

LOL! Ed of course.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:30 pm

what is funny is that in the time Bux has been coach
probably about 50 players and numerous admin staff has been delisted, retired early, thrown under a bus or just plain old pushed out.
Did we hear the fat controller ever say side by side with these dudes.
Oh no, they are only players, or assistant coaches or other football adminstrators.
But with his pet galah who has done a lot of cutting and shaving of the list is above all legitimate criticism and the old mantra is trotted out "if you are not with us then you are against us".
The guy is a very poor example of a leader.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:32 pm

The next President will be Nathan Buckley's current manager.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
The next President will be Nathan Buckley's current manager.

In that case,Eddie better stay on for a while,so he can get rid of Bucks first.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:45 pm

If a suitable candidate emerges, I'd probably be happy for some new blood. But so long as Eddie keeps getting elected unopposed, it kind of looks like nobody else wants the job...
E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:56 pm

if you notice, E comes in at the end of McGuire and nearly at the end of Nathan Buckley....
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:57 pm

I think I do.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:21 pm

According to some here McGuire has done nothing for the club?

Unbelievable revisionist garbage. You should be ashamed.

I'm genuinely boggled by the attitude of a lot of people on this site -
seemingly emboldened by our struggles - lining up to vomit an endless stream of bile and dribble.

I've seen Eddie referred to as 'The Fat Controller' and McLiar' - all by a bunch of self-appointed experts who would probably struggle to cross the street by themselves. Insults thrown effortlessly, with neither wit nor grace, and by people who've contributed nothing of real value to the club.

Oh, and before you begin, buying a membership and a comfy seat in return for the going membership price is not some magnificent, selfless act of sacrifice.

Your purchase entitles you to a vote - you can stand against Ed, or arrange your own ticket. Do it, you pack of disloyal, spineless, sniping clowns, I need a good laugh.

You may even gather a single vote, if you don't misspell your own names on the ballot.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:34 pm

The Collingwood of 1998 has clearly been forgotten.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:35 pm

You know Redlight.
You forget that this board is about Collingwood and not about other posters.
You seem to spend a lot of time bagging other posters.
""lining up to vomit a endless stream of bile and dribble".
is just one small example of you bagging other posters.
Calling an official, a rabbit or galah or a fat controller is really nothing compared to what you say.
It has been an endless problem here where posters get personal with others on this board.
This board is about praising, criticizing or indifferent posting about collingwood.

Last edited by thompsoc on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:33 pm

BenBronx wrote:
Eddie had the following to say on Triple M's Hot Breakfast:

This is where the DNA of the Collingwood Football Club is all about. I’m not just saying this as a speech or a feel-good or whatever — this is what is inside my marrow, this is what Collingwood is all about

Yeah, they’re all rounding on us at the moment, yeah they are. We are the scum of football at the moment as we were 125 years ago when we were the scum of Victoria in the depths of the Great Depression — and we stood side-by-side. That’s what I expect from our players and our supporters — and we will rally together.

Whether we get the results, time will tell. But I tell you what we won’t do: We’ll never give up, we’ll never dog it, we won’t turn on our own, we won’t decimate people who give to the club day-in, day-out and over 10s of years. We don’t turn on our people, we stand side-by-side.

We don’t get spooked by headlines, we’ don’t get spooked by people who celebrate one day, dance on your grave the next. We know what it’s all about. This is a club that has endured for 125 years, not because we flip flop in the wind when it gets tough.

So we will get stuck into it. We’ll see Geelong on Sunday, MCG, Sunday afternoon — we’ll be right to go and our players will give it our best shot. Geelong are a great club, they might beat us but I tell you what — it will be the spirit of Collingwood that will be tested on Sunday afternoon. I hope like hell that we get up and win.

It was devastating (on Tuesday), but you know what? We played a good team and we played a great club. We got done and we did it in an honourable way.

But no one turned their toes up (on Tuesday), we just got done in the end. So it is, it’s a tough time, I didn’t expect to come out this morning and talk like this, but you know what? You get asked the question and that’s the response, because that’s what it’s all about in footy.

The thing that annoys me is "We don’t turn on our people, we stand side-by-side." but I guess that doesn't include Nathan Buckley throwing Scott Pendlebury under the bus?

good luck I think. this speech does not change the reality of the situation the club is in. Side by side till you have to sack someone? makes a mockery of the "slogan"

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Maybe no-one else will ever put into the job what McGuire has, and perhaps others see what he does do, and are fearful of the workload.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:35 pm

thompsoc wrote:
You know Redlight.
Calling an official, a rabbit or galah or a fat controller is really nothing compared to what you say.
It has been an endless problem here where posters get personal with others on this board.
This board is about praising, criticizing or indifferent posting about collingwood.

Are you really suggesting that it's out of line to have a go at people who disparage the coach, players and president of Collingwood?

On a Collingwood board?

As tenuous as it is, I have a relationship with the Collingwood Football Club, it's servants and players. I've spent a lifetime riding the ups and downs, limped through the lean years, revelled in the rare flag. Just like (mostly) everyone here.

I have no such relationship with the anonymous snipers that post here.

While I do have a lot of respect for the ideas and statements of many of the posters on Nick's, that does not include the disrespectful turnips that think it's the height of wit to describe the president as a liar, or one of our greatest players as 'a curse'.

F*^k those people.

If you want to come onto a supporters board and bag the club, don't whinge if someone gives you a whack.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
You know Redlight.

Are you really suggesting that it's out of line to have a go at people who disparage the coach, players and president of Collingwood?

On a Collingwood board?

As tenuous as it is, I have a relationship with the Collingwood Football Club, it's servants and players. I've spent a lifetime riding the ups and downs, limped through the lean years, revelled in the rare flag. Just like (mostly) everyone here.

I have no such relationship with the anonymous snipers that post here.

While I do have a lot of respect for the ideas and statements of many of the posters on Nick's, that does not include the disrespectful turnips that think it's the height of wit to describe the president as a liar, or one of our greatest players as 'a curse'.

F*^k those people.

If you want to come onto a supporters board and bag the club, don't whinge if someone gives you a whack.

Look they have as much right to an opinion as you! They are just as passionate and committed to sucesss as you claim to be. It's just their frustration has reached boiling point and justifiably so! You defend this current mob as though they have written the responses for you! Some posters find your constant defence of this current Collingwood predicament breathtaking. It is so obvious, even to the most loyal longstanding fans, that this Board and the way our Club is failing, no longer acceptable. And in my humble view, they are absolutely spot on. You can defend all you like with this misguided loyalty rhetoric, however the facts now are so compelling, even those like me ,once loyal to McGuire believe his time is up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: