Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies swamp Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The first quarter was some of the worst football I've ever seen us play, under any coach.

Just didn't see the second half coming at all.

It was great to be excited at the football again. Can't remember the last time I felt like that.

mosig 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:50 pm

There are some mental demons in the group, that is clear enough. I have never seen a team so collectively afraid of losing a game as that first quarter. The result of that fear was completely self fulfilling.

This team needs a string of wins like nothing else. A few weeks for the plan to settle and sink in.

I couldn't care less if we move Buckley on as coach, but I do feel for him as there is absolutely some glaring inconsistencies in effort and application in the player group. I feel Buckley over coaches in response to this, continually changing things... which doesn't help.

The players as a group, with the coach should analyse this game to death during the week - as the couldn't possibly be a clearer representation of how to play and how not to play.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
While Adams really lifted in the 3rd, I thought the real spark was the contest Aish provided putting himself on the line - I wonder if some posters here still view him soft...

Great get out of jail performance.

Well said. Aish went up in my estimation a lot after that and that helped set the standard. He'll be all right, that kid.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:54 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
My Hawks Sudanese neighbor has just chucked a wobbly! Drunk in his front yard singing weird songs wearing a dressing gown and hawks beannie . Time to do some provoking magpie gestures. Bertha has just turned the theme song on full loud while yelling at him through the bathroom window. Alas we won tonight and deserved to! Hawthorn are a disgrace to the competition. Who was the fool on here suggesting we sack Bucks and get their coach?

mate, id say about three quarters of Nicks did, might be some egg on mooshes tonight, one of our best comebacks ever. Very Happy

I'll wear it. But the football deserved it. It was among the most incompetent displays, on every level, I've seen from a Pies side in fifty years of watching.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Bloody fantastic effort after the 1st quarter. Just bloody fantastic! Should give the boys some confidence. Very brave by Aish -outstanding bravery.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:58 pm

mosig wrote:
There are some mental demons in the group, that is clear enough. I have never seen a team so collectively afraid of losing a game as that first quarter. The result of that fear was completely self fulfilling.

Yep, for sure, it could be fear of losing. I grant you that. They play too carefully. Plus, most definitely, there can be no other explanation for their inconsistency from quarter to quarter than their mind set.
However, I think with some of them it's also laziness. They think they are playing a lesser opponent and don't throw themselves into it until they really need to. I realize some may think this is unfair criticism, but some of them eg Sidey, DeGoey and Treloar don't show the same attack on the ball until the chips are down (or they realize they have to be on from the start against a good opponent).
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Guess the Booing at Qtr Time gave the Players a Kick up the Ass they Needed
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Father of the Year.

Pies def Hawks1.jpg

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Seriously, anyone who questions Pendles as a player or leader...

I just can't fathom it. The guy will go down as an all time Collingwood great

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:08 pm

Jesus, Mary & Joseph it's hard being a Pies supporter. The first half I wanted Buckley sacked & the second half I couldn't sign him up soon enough.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:08 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Boogie Knights wrote:
While Adams really lifted in the 3rd, I thought the real spark was the contest Aish provided putting himself on the line - I wonder if some posters here still view him soft...

Great get out of jail performance.

Well said. Aish went up in my estimation a lot after that and that helped set the standard. He'll be all right, that kid.

Agree completely. Bucks made special mention of that effort in the presser. Wish they'd all play like that from the very start of every game and for four quarters!!!
Goldie, being the throwback to 2010 that he is, puts his body on the line every game 100% of the time. So happy for him that we won for his 150th.
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:09 pm

I left at half time! 😜😜😜
What the hell just happened?!?

Pies all day baby!!!

uncanny 

As bad as the first q was they didn'tdhrop there heads. Worked their way back in the second q. Third q was back to what they were about v the cats. Great to see them go on with it and get that hawk monkey off the back. Many more to come. Might still get something out of the season.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

watt price tully wrote:
Jesus, Mary & Joseph it's hard being a Pies supporter. The first half I wanted Buckley sacked & the second half I couldn't sign him up soon enough.

Laughing Laughing It's an emotional roller coaster isn't it!!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Nice being on the train home wearing the Pies scarf 😁 especially post 3 hours sleep in the last 40 flying home from hols

Last edited by watt price tully on Sat May 20, 2017 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: