Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Crows - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Blair is the obvious inclusion on what I saw. He was breathtakingly good. Made De Goey and Elliott look pedestrian.

It is now officially impossible to tell when you're kidding and when you are dead serious.

I bet you clean up at poker with that face...

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:45 pm

FWIW, even if we lose to the Crows, I reckon we can beat the Bumbers and Tigers, which would leave us at 3-3 after 6 rounds. That would be a very good platform to make the finals.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Woods wrote:
Couple of things that could impact the match against the Crows:

According to the long range forecast it's going to be wet and windy in Adelaide. Wet conditions didn't help Cox in Rnd 1, so will he be selected for Adelaide? (and if so perhaps he should try wearing a glove).

Eddie Betts' wife gave birth to twins in Adelaide this weekend while he was playing in Melbourne (reports say she went into early labour). So, congrats to Eddie and his family. It a town like Adelaide this event will be treated like a royal birth. Will be huge all week in the Adelaide media. While great news it could have the effect of taking the Crow's mental focus away from preparations to face the Pies.

And Eddies good news comes on top of the bad news regarding the Crows off-season military-style camp which is reported to have been particularly distressing for the club's indigenous players (details obscure at this point in time).

Eddie Betts has kept a low media profile on the pre-season camp issue to date, but with the inevitable media interest in the news of the birth of his two new kids and the interviews that will take place this week, he will probably be asked what his view is of the pre-season camp. Whatever his response it will keep the issue alive and perhaps hotly dividing the Crows in the lead-up to the game against the Pies.

Will be the least of Betts problems. He won’t get any sleep for the season.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Skids wrote:
Woods wrote:

According to the long range forecast it's going to be wet and windy in Adelaide. Wet conditions didn't help Cox in Rnd 1, so will he be selected for Adelaide? (and if so perhaps he should try wearing a glove).

Eddie Betts' wife gave birth to twins in Adelaide this weekend while he was playing in Melbourne (reports say she went into early labour). So, congrats to Eddie and his family. It a town like Adelaide this event will be treated like a royal birth. Will be huge all week in the Adelaide media. While great news it could have the effect of taking the Crow's mental focus away from preparations to face the Pies.

And Eddies good news comes on top of the bad news regarding the Crows off-season military-style camp which is reported to have been particularly distressing for the club's indigenous players (details obscure at this point in time).

Eddie Betts has kept a low media profile on the pre-season camp issue to date, but with the inevitable media interest in the news of the birth of his two new kids and the interviews that will take place this week, he will probably be asked what his view is of the pre-season camp. Whatever his response it will keep the issue alive and perhaps hotly dividing the Crows in the lead-up to the game against the Pies.

Don't know what forecast you're looking at?

Adelaide

Mon Sunny 35
Tue. Sunny33
Wed. Sunny 30
Thur Sunny 22
Fri possible shower developing 20 0-2mm @ 40% chance of any rain. LIight westerley winds increasing to 12 - 15knts during the morning.

http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/adelaide.shtml

Just like I said, at this stage forecast to be wet and windy.
"Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely later in the day. Light winds becoming westerly 25 to 40 km/h during the morning.
"

http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/adelaide.shtml?ref=hdr

(showers = wet; westerlies at 40 km/h = windy)
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:07 pm

We're a big chance against the crows this week if we bring the same form and effort that we put in on Friday night against the scum. It's taken 3 weeks but things seemed to click and we looked more composed and comfortable than in previous weeks. I wouldn't expect more than a couple of changes to accommodate the likes of De Goey and maybe Fasolo coming in for Stephenson and probably Crocker or Brown. Will be interesting to see if we risk Elliott. He seemed to move freely and played really well in the vfl but I don't know if he needs to build more match fitness.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Blair is the obvious inclusion on what I saw. He was breathtakingly good. Made De Goey and Elliott look pedestrian.

Agree Blair must come in so he goes to CHB and Langdon is out
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:40 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Agree Blair must come in so he goes to CHB and Langdon is out

No way! blair is our number one target up forward. He's wasted down back.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:24 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

It is now officially impossible to tell when you're kidding and when you are dead serious.

I bet you clean up at poker with that face...

Cmon, secretly you want him to get to 200 games. Admit it. (Also, he can have Adams’ spot.)
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 am

Woods wrote:
Skids wrote:
Woods wrote:

Adelaide

Mon Sunny 35
Tue. Sunny33
Wed. Sunny 30
Thur Sunny 22
Fri possible shower developing 20 0-2mm @ 40% chance of any rain. LIight westerley winds increasing to 12 - 15knts during the morning.

"Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely later in the day. Light winds becoming westerly 25 to 40 km/h during the morning.
"

If you come to the conclusion that a 60% chance of NO rain and a 2 goal breeze is wet and windy, I guess you don't get outside much.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:05 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
FWIW, even if we lose to the Crows, I reckon we can beat the Bumbers and Tigers, which would leave us at 3-3 after 6 rounds. That would be a very good platform to make the finals.

the tigers are very, very good. I watched them completely dismantle the Hawks today (even thought the scoreboard does not fully reflect that fact - it happened). If we beat the Tigers, i'll have reason to believe we have arrived.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Skids wrote:
Woods wrote:
Skids wrote:
Woods wrote:

Adelaide

Mon Sunny 35
Tue. Sunny33
Wed. Sunny 30
Thur Sunny 22

"Adelaide area
"

If you come to the conclusion that a 60% chance of NO rain and a 2 goal breeze is wet and windy, I guess you don't get outside much.

given how bad Cox was in round 1 and how light the rain was, it doesn't take much to put our big Cox off his game....

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Is it too early for Wills to break into side —his game on Saturday in VFL displayed what a big bodied mid can do and that type be useful against Crows

JDG has simalar traits abiet not as ferocious

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:53 pm

I see Fasolo laid 5 tackles in the VFL win which was the same as de Goey and 4 more than Elliott.

The highest amount of tackles for any Collingwood player was 6.

He also finished top 5 for DT points.

It would appear the judgement that he didn't apply enough forward pressure on Saturday was overstated as is the use of it as justification to keep him out of the side for Adelaide.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:55 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Is it too early for Wills to break into side —his game on Saturday in VFL displayed what a big bodied mid can do and that type be useful against Crows

JDG has simalar traits abiet not as ferocious

I reckon JDG will be the big bodied mid who comes into the side this week, along with Elliott. While I'd love to see Wills come in, I think he'll need a few weeks of good form in the VFL, after missing much of the pre-season in rehab.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I see Fasolo laid 5 tackles in the VFL win which was the same as de Goey and 4 more than Elliott.

The highest amount of tackles for any Collingwood player was 6.

He also finished top 5 for DT points.

It would appear the judgement that he didn't apply enough forward pressure on Saturday was overstated as is the use of it as justification to keep him out of the side for Adelaide.

I only saw the 2nd half on Youtube, but I distinctly recall seeing him pull out of a tackle, which looked to me like he was unsure of the strength in his shoulder. At the end of the day, the coaches know more than us, so I'll back their judgement, but I reckon JDG and Elliott would be at the head of the queue for a game this week. I also doubt we'd make 3 changes to a team which played so well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16   

Jump to: