Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
What is Quaynor's injury and prognosis?

Groin. Missed last weeks VFL game. Will undergo a fitness test this week.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:05 pm

POSSIBLE INS:
Returning From Injury:
Jamie Elliott will undergo another fitness tests this week. He's ready to play. I guess the question is, will he come straight back in or will he come back via the VFL? This is an interesting question now with a desperate need for a spark up forward all of a sudden.

James Aish will undergo a fitness test. As we know, he was a late out with hamstring tightness. If passed fit, he'll come straight back in.

Wills will undergo a fitness test, but you'd think will play in the VFL if he's ok to play.

From The VFL:
Ben Crocker was named in the teams bests with 3 goals and being a constant threat up forward. I don't think he had a high possession game, but to kick three in those conditions isn't bad. He's been an emergency basically all season and has been very serviceable in the VFL. This could be his week.

Nobel has now played 2 games in the VFL. And he's been named in the bests both times. He had the most disposals and also kicked a goal. It feels so weird, but he might be considered and I think at worst will be named an emergency.

Tyson Goldsack has been travelling ok in the VFL. Every time I've seen him there, I've felt relieved he is there if needed. He had to pass a fitness test last week, but got through his VFL game a-ok.

Quaynor is almost due for a debut. He's travelling nicely and is deserving of a game, but I believe he sat out the game at Vic Park. That tells me that he'll probably undergo a fitness test and wont be considered for an AFL debut this week.

Bosenavulagi had one of his best games in the VFL. He seemed to enjoy the wet conditions, but I would be very surprised if he was to get a call up.

Broomhead and Madgen had serviceable games again, but will probably need to keep it up in the VFL for possible future selection. Also from what I've read, last weeks emergency, Lynch, had a quiet day.

POSSIBLE OUTS:
We know that Reid is a definite out. And we'll have to wait and see if Sier is passed fit or not.

Daicos did enough to stay in. 22 touched and 4 tackles is not a bad effort. The other popular names for a spell in the VFL are Brown, Varcoe and Thomas. Brown was flat against North, but he has been very good in games prior. I think he is in some danger of omission. Of the three, JT had the least effect on the game and has been quietish in recent weeks.

SO...
Right now, I'd consider Elliott, Aish and Crocker. Goldsack an outside chance. With Nobel amongst the emergencies.

But we'll have to wait on some fitness tests, which will keep us all guessing until Thursday night.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:32 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:

I'm not sure the camera angle did him no favors on that. It would be pretty uncharacteristic of him, it looked to me like he was trying to tap it past him and got a bad bounce.

Tend to agree on this one. There was some bruise-free football played on the weekend, to be sure, but Levi was typically not one of those. He made Number 1 in the Top 5 from CFC's media this week for his tackle earlier in the game. So clearly he was hard at it for the most part.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:53 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
We could be 14-0 and winning games by 300 points and still we'd struggle against the Hawks.

With our current form and injuries, I doubt we can win.

Our depth has been exposed as fraudulent. Our injuries means we are playing guys who are barely AFL standard (like Daicos) and / or playing guys out of desperation (like Shazza).

"""""Our depth has been exposed as fraudulent. """??? Are you serious???There are currently 15!!! That's FIFTEEN,plus couple of others, senior players, more likely than not ,1st pick, players ,who are out.If you can tell me one single AFL club who could handle having that amount of players out and keep winning,Let's hear ya"!! ,"Adams, Aish , Beams, Goldsack Langdon, Howe, Dunn(Probably a first pick half back line just there" Stephenson ,Wills, Wells, Murray, Murphy, Quaynor, now Reid and most likely Sier won't play either. And don't forget, we lost Reid AND Sier in the first 10 minutes of the match, even though Sier played till half time, he was gone as soon as he wasp pole axed.We were 2 men down from the start.
Ridiculous comment.

Last edited by mudlark on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:55 pm

If we come out hard and physical, the scumps will probably give the Hawks free kicks.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

I'm not sure the camera angle did him no favors on that. It would be pretty uncharacteristic of him, it looked to me like he was trying to tap it past him and got a bad bounce.

Tend to agree on this one. There was some bruise-free football played on the weekend, to be sure, but Levi was typically not one of those. He made Number 1 in the Top 5 from CFC's media this week for his tackle earlier in the game. So clearly he was hard at it for the most part.

He got caught wrong footed with the ball coming back the other way and stuck his arm out. I hardly think that was a hangable offence but when we lose by that much, the media just wants to crucify everybody in a Collingwood jumper. He was actually one of our braver ones. Incidentally when the media goes for us like they did, they do the NM football club a massive disservice. When Geelong played North a few weeks ago Chris Scott said North were the toughest side they had played against this year and that was before they got into stride and you could argue they are the form side in the competition at this point of the season. They also play Marvel stadium better than any other team in the competition, but that's not what it's about. It's all about denigrating the Collingwood footy club reinforced I guess by Buckley's comments about the team's performance. Not all doom and gloom. We'll get off the floor and show hawthorn how to play football Friday night.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:11 pm

dp
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:47 pm

No point sugar coating it.

Our record against Hawthorn since 2012 is abysmal.

One solidarity win.

I was expecting us to notch up win number 2 at the start of the season but now with an extensive injury list and coming off our worst performance of the season the odds are suddenly in Hawthorns favour or should be.

Hell even if we had a healthy list and were in form this would still have presented as a very real danger game for us as Hawthorn have proven to be a real bogey side for us across my decades of following the Pies.

This game has now become a critical one and I'd argue it's our most important since the GF of last season.

We simply must respond with intensity at and desire for the contest this Friday night as a repeat of the same insipid display we saw against North would be a disaster after the tough talking of the coach and soul searching of the players in the aftermath.

Restoring the brand of football we have become known for is priority No.1 against the Hawks but a close second is the capturing the 4pts.

With a series of difficult 8pt games to come against fellow top 4 teams and a side in Richmond eyeing off our place within it we need to maintain that buffer for as long as we can.

This week we draw our line in the sand for season 2019.

Lift Pies!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 pm

They were hyping up Nine News with this

“Mason Cox to tell what is Collingwood problem “

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:01 pm

^ Lloyd says he is part of the problem. He's mistiming his leads and jumps and going too early (and with one hand). Lloyd says he needs to be pushing back hard on his defender.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:30 pm

K wrote:
^ Lloyd says he is part of the problem. He's mistiming his leads and jumps and going too early (and with one hand). Lloyd says he needs to be pushing back hard on his defender.

What Cox really needs, is to go back to the VFL and get some confidence and continuity back into his footy. More than anything, he is double grabbing way to much and thats a sign of lacking confidence.
The problem is, we have no one available who can replicate the role he plays.
It’s a tough situation, he’s important to our structure but he’s close to being a liability.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Collingwood website “”Elliott has the green light—all clear to play “
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
K wrote:

What Cox really needs, is to go back to the VFL and get some confidence and continuity back into his footy. More than anything, he is double grabbing way to much and thats a sign of lacking confidence.
It’s a tough situation, he’s important to our structure but he’s close to being a liability.

Lloyd also said he thought Reid had "gone past" Cox, but of course now he's injured everything is up in the air.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:43 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
K wrote:

I've been a big fan of the Texans... but, I was wrong. There's not much there and I reckon he peaked in that PF last year. Just ain't got the ticka.

There's 2 things that come outa Texas, Steers and Queers... which one are you boy?

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:12 pm

mudlark wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Our depth has been exposed as fraudulent. ...

"""""Our depth has been exposed as fraudulent. """??? Are you serious???There are currently 15!!! That's FIFTEEN,plus couple of others, senior players, more likely than not ,1st pick, players ,who are out.If you can tell me one single AFL club who could handle having that amount of players out and keep winning, Let's hear ya"!! ...

Well, it's hard to believe our injury problems are bad luck once it goes on for years and years. One year is okay, but eight years isn't. Injury management is one of the club's responsibilities.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: