Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Muderous Magpie - a coaching counterfactual

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainSnooze 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly EXPERIMENTING with the team that he wasn't the coach of in the 2021 season is clearly the worst call of all time🤣
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:57 pm

My name is Captain Snooze, and I think everything in football is fair. Everybody is honourable, I believe Buckley had every chance of remaining as coach of Collingwood if he had of turned things around when we were 1-6. I believe your not allowed to talk to other coaches and coaching staff mid season, that is unfair for Buckley, it's not nice on Collingwood's behalf to do that. You must wait until after the season to announce a coach. I also think Robert Harvey was seriously being considered, while we were waiting on Clarkson's word, having negotiations with Ross Lyon all while we were trying to get Paul Roos back from Jamaica. There is a 100% chance that MacRae was the absolute last choice to replace Nathan Buckley after Heath Shaw and Dane Swan both knocked back the offer.

Goodnight everybody ima going for a Snooze, wake me up when the season starts zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,😴🛌🌜
CaptainSnooze 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:20 pm

MurderousMagpie wrote:
My name is Captain Snooze, and I think everything in football is fair. Everybody is honourable, I believe Buckley had every chance of remaining as coach of Collingwood if he had of turned things around when we were 1-6. I believe your not allowed to talk to other coaches and coaching staff mid season, that is unfair for Buckley, it's not nice on Collingwood's behalf to do that. You must wait until after the season to announce a coach. I also think Robert Harvey was seriously being considered, while we were waiting on Clarkson's word, having negotiations with Ross Lyon all while we were trying to get Paul Roos back from Jamaica. There is a 100% chance that MacRae was the absolute last choice to replace Nathan Buckley after Heath Shaw and Dane Swan both knocked back the offer.

Goodnight everybody ima going for a Snooze, wake me up when the season starts zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,😴🛌🌜

You're not really a surgeon, are you.
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:39 pm

Captain Snooze says Pendlebury needs to stay in the middle otherwise we are going to get blown away. 2 win and 1 draw is not acceptable start to the season, and this is because Pendlebury is not in the middle. I hope Pendlebury is roving to Grundy all season, he can get maybe 263 clearences this year if he puts on some more muscle. We simply cannot win football without Pendles in the middle
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:58 pm

So McRae starts at Hawthorn in Nov 2020 and is having input into Collingwood game day plans and strategies by May 2021. Meanwhile, Wright who was already at Collingwood by that stage, was so impressed by McRaes deceitful conduct at Hawthorn, decides thats the exact sort of person we want to take over the reins at Collingwood.
That’s a no from me but at least you got your bite.
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:58 pm

If you were flipping burgers at hungry jacks but McDonald's came along and offered you the manager role would you be loyal toward hungry jacks? especially if you knew a fellow employee at hungry jacks already had the managerial role incoming??

And all Buckley has to do is shut his mouth, throw out a team ( with a few positional changes to aid McRae in his future strategy ) and then collect his payout so he can take his new model girlfriend out for Enchiladas and Margaritas
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:01 pm

I mean what's so hard to believe, If I was in his position I would do the same and try get a bit of a head start.
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:05 pm

Or do you assume McRae while at Hawthorn until seasons end put his fingers in his ears and started loudly singing LALALALALA if any thoughts about his new gig popped into his head ???
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:06 pm

All is Fair in Love and War...
MurderousMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:14 pm

https://youtu.be/myWaa6xvPZ4

This is what happened when Collingwood approached McRae secretly in May... 😂
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:57 pm

MurderousMagpie wrote:
I mean what's so hard to believe.

The bit where you have McRae “calling the shots” in May 2021

CaptainSnooze 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:00 am

My name is Captain Snooze, and I think everything in football is fair. (No I don't)
Everybody is honourable, I believe Buckley had every chance of remaining as coach of Collingwood if he had of turned things around when we were 1-6. (never said that)

I believe your not allowed to talk to other coaches and coaching staff mid season, that is unfair for Buckley, it's not nice on Collingwood's behalf to do that. (no I don't)

You must wait until after the season to announce a coach. (no)

I also think Robert Harvey was seriously being considered, while we were waiting on Clarkson's word (no chance)

having negotiations with Ross Lyon all while we were trying to get Paul Roos back from Jamaica. (what?)

There is a 100% chance that MacRae was the absolute last choice to replace Nathan Buckley after Heath Shaw and Dane Swan both knocked it back (I think that was an attempt at humour)

Captain Snooze says Pendlebury needs to stay in the middle otherwise we are going to get blown away. (never ever said that and don't think that)
2 win and 1 draw is not acceptable start to the season, and this is because Pendlebury is not in the middle. What the? 🤣 Completely changing what I said to try and make their point... is MurderousMagpie my wife 🤔 )

I hope Pendlebury is roving to Grundy all season, he can get maybe 263 clearences this year if he puts on some more muscle. We simply cannot win football games without Pendles in the middle. (No. Grundy, Adams, Degoey, Lipinski, Maynard, J Daicos for me)

In summary, all your assumptions are incorrect. And ridiculous. Just like the idea McCrae was coaching/experimenting in 2021 is incorrect and ridiculous.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:12 am

Love a good conspiracy theory thread, but IIRC Pendles played in the backline for a few games early in the season because he was carrying an injury. That was made public once he went back to the midfield.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: