Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Round 15 - Magpies v. Giants.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

These narrow wins remind me of Essendon, who in recent years looked like up and comers with narrow wins, only to fall away.

Hopefully we build on them.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:30 pm

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/21/de-goey-in-doubt-for-collingwoods-next-match/
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:48 pm

Huge wins for the club this week and beyond:
1. IQ and Ginni will play their guts out. Ginni to kick 6 goals.
2. JDG to fire up and kick 10 goals.
3. JDG to accept $500k to stay at his beloved club.
4. Pies will win GWS by 10 goals.

Last edited by MagpiesTheGreat on Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:52 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/21/de-goey-in-doubt-for-collingwoods-next-match/

“...I think they’re conditioning their supporters and the list for the end of the year when I think they’ll part ways with him.”

I wouldn't mind if the club moved him on. Show the rest of the competition we won't take shit from this player
and from the constant embarrassment and ridicule. If we don't, we are p*ss weak and this psycho melodrama will persist.

Let's get a high pick for next year, maybe get a young promising KPF and focus on better things.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:15 pm

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
Huge wins for the club this week and beyond:
1. IQ and Ginni will play their guts out. Ginni to kick 6 goals.
2. JDG to fire up and kick 10 goals.
3. JDG to accept $500k to stay at his beloved club.
4. Pies will win GWS by 10 goals.

If JDG kicks 10 goals and Ginni kicks 6 we better win by more than 10 goals!

I would love to see the media scrutinised individuals stand up and play some great foot but they don't need to kick a heap of goals to help their team mates, which is what they should be focusing on.

If we win the midfield we will win this match. If Kelly, Whitfield, hooper, Coniglio etc kill us out of the centre we may well lose, and that's not too far fetched really. I would love us to win and win well to convince one of Taranto, Coniglio or Hoper ask for a trade to us at seasons end - this mob must be ripe for the picking surely!

- Ben
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:33 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

“...I think they’re conditioning their supporters and the list for the end of the year when I think they’ll part ways with him.”

I wouldn't mind if the club moved him on. Show the rest of the competition we won't take shit from this player
and from the constant embarrassment and ridicule. If we don't, we are p*ss weak and this psycho melodrama will persist.

Let's get a high pick for next year, maybe get a young promising KPF and focus on better things.

Oh yes, of course, and if he ends up at say, Brisbane or carlton, and we meet them in a final or even a grand final, and Jordon boots the winning goal against us, denying us yet another Premiership, no doubt you will be jumping for joy over that prospect, hey sunshine . Surprised Surprised Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:41 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

It'd be a pity if he doesn't play, but who do we think comes in if he doesn't? Not too many obvious options to pick from, unfortunately.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 am

David wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

It'd be a pity if he doesn't play, but who do we think comes in if he doesn't? Not too many obvious options to pick from, unfortunately.

It would be a bit of a shock, but I suspect there'd be a chance to promote the newbie Josh Carmichael. Mainly because he is a strong, big bodied midfielder/forward, somewhat like De Goey. Otherwise I guess it would be out of Poulter and Tyler Brown.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:29 am

JDG plays, why shouldn't he, this whole media driven drama is just so typical of what we cop each and every season.

I work with a bloke who played fro East Fremantle. One season around 1981, when the East Fremantle club played Hawthorn in Melbourne, the antics blokes like Ken Judge, Tony Buhaghier and others got up to would astound the cotton wool brigade today.
WAFL teams were banned from the Old Melbourne Hotel indefinitely after the incident.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:17 am

Skids wrote:
JDG plays, why shouldn't he, this whole media driven drama is just so typical of what we cop each and every season.

I work with a bloke who played fro East Fremantle. One season around 1981, when the East Fremantle club played Hawthorn in Melbourne, the antics blokes like Ken Judge, Tony Buhaghier and others got up to would astound the cotton wool brigade today.
WAFL teams were banned from the Old Melbourne Hotel indefinitely after the incident.

But it’s not 1981 anymore - that was 40+ years ago! These “back in my day” comparisons aren’t that helpful. You don’t have to like that things have changed but it’s pointless to deny they have.

He may well not be in a mental state to play. I don’t feel the need to offer him sympathy, but he’s gotta be in a pretty poor state I would have thought - feels like the whole world is out to get you and you don’t even really know why…

piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:24 am

Take_a_Screamer wrote:

If the prior post is on the money and the club has decided it will let him move on, then the less he plays and contributes in the second half of the season, the less he will go for - which is fine - but will almost guarantee we don’t get a “high pick for next year”.

It’s one or the other: provide public support, talk about how well he’s tracking in his programs blah blah and maybe get a bit of value when he leaves or mark his book now publicly and get stuff all. I personally do t have a strong view which way to go - I’m sure Wrighty and co have it all figured out.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:18 pm

yep JDG,IQ aloong with Ginny play best on ground and star in the coaches votes and are the top 3 players of the match.

Be great to see and shut up the media for once.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Oh yes, of course, and if he ends up at say, Brisbane or carlton, and we meet them in a final or even a grand final, and Jordon boots the winning goal against us, denying us yet another Premiership, no doubt you will be jumping for joy over that prospect, hey sunshine . Surprised Surprised Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I've heard of this argument before. It's FOMO (fear of missing out)
However, when an investment goes bad for long enough and is like a bad apple about to poison the rest (e.g. Ginni and IQ), then you have to cut your losses. If another club want to buy up the bad investment, throw good money after bad, then good luck to them, so be it.

I'd like to see Collingwood stick to Principles and moral compass, get rid of players who have been given chances but still want to corrupt the club!!! Carlton is welcome to buy JDG as their Favola mark II...and we all know that story. Even Carlton is not that stupid.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:31 pm

piffdog wrote:
Skids wrote:

But it’s not 1981 anymore - that was 40+ years ago! These “back in my day” comparisons aren’t that helpful. You don’t have to like that things have changed but it’s pointless to deny they have.

He may well not be in a mental state to play. I don’t feel the need to offer him sympathy, but he’s gotta be in a pretty poor state I would have thought - feels like the whole world is out to get you and you don’t even really know why…

well if he still doesnt know why, he has learnt nothing!

i reckon its the perfect opportunity to show some backbone. Sorrys are a waste of time, action, we want action!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:07 pm

Holy mackerel!!

I was scrolling to see if VFL game on TV and stumbled on our game against GWS is on Seven at 3pm Sunday

Gor blimey Free 2 Air

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: