Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#38 Jeremy Howe

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

26 year old who averages 0.8 goals a game in his career, eww.
On the March 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Moneyball pick. To be played as mid sized forward (as per Gunston). At right $ do it.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:15 pm

So we've given up on the third forward who can ruck a bit and are now keen on the smaller, more mobile third tall. Can't say I'm excited.
On the March 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:17 pm

roar wrote:
So we've given up on the third forward who can ruck a bit and are now keen on the smaller, more mobile third tall. Can't say I'm excited.

We already have one of those Smile
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Yep, and I'm worried this will go the same way.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:44 am

On the March wrote:
Moneyball pick. To be played as mid sized forward (as per Gunston). At right $ do it.

Isn't that Fasolo's role?

I reckon it would be a mistake to recruit Howe. Remember, if we're after a mid sized forward, then apart from Fasolo, we also have Goldsack, who is at least a recognised warrior. Furthermore, we already have too many half back flankers. And as someone else mentioned, next year we should see Abbott emerge as the raging bull on our forward line.

What we need is a genuine crumbing small forward and a tall key forward.
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:47 am

How's his disposal/decision making, and is he quick?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:42 pm

Fasolo at 180cm is a small forward who like Elliott plays taller.

Howe at 190cm is a medium forward who can play taller again because of the same marking ability.

I'm not totally against it but in some ways I'd almost prefer to take a chance on Watts and set about changing his body shape.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:26 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Fasolo at 180cm is a small forward who like Elliott plays taller.

Howe at 190cm is a medium forward who can play taller again because of the same marking ability.

I'm not totally against it but in some ways I'd almost prefer to take a chance on Watts and set about changing his body shape.

Ok Swoop, here is one for you cause I know you and myself are concerned about the lack of depth of KPFs on our list ( Reid is dodgy and Keeffe aint playing in 2016 )

Schoenmakers - and before you delete me, hear me out.
There is no shame in not getting a regular game at the Hawks as a KPF with all the company he has had around him over the years.
Thought he played well last night against good opposition and he kicked well with his opportunities. Its his first complete season back after a reco and he has been developed by a club that does it better than anyone.
Apparently playing for peanuts cause he wants success but may yet miss out again this week if Gunston is fit.
He is an S A boy but he has also been here long enough to seemingly not having a problem with staying in Vic. The SA clubs have shown constant interest but he continues to stay in the hope of some personal success.

Im guessing that a lot will depend if he snags a premiership medal or not as to where he sees his future. Surely he would come cheap and as a swingman ( albeit not a great one ) I would think he would still find a way to play in our seniors much more often than not. Just putting it out there and I admit I didn't have the guts to put my name to an entire new thread about him. Very Happy
Comes cheap, seems a good citizen and comes from a strong club. He ticks a few boxes for mine.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Howe was a full forward before getting shafted to the Dees. He was in talks with Collingwood in 2010 and perhaps was testing/training with us [if you can believe the internet] which may have caused Melb to take him early in the draft at #33 because he was expecting to go to the Pies. Ye Old Collingwood Supporter as a kid too. His nickname used to be 'Bucks' due to his love of our coach. Was regarded as an accurate kick.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:55 pm

gobbles21 wrote:
If there is one thing we have seen with former Melbourne players such as Jared Rivers, Colin Sylvia and most recently James Frawley, it's that no matter how good the system they are going to is... You can take a player out of Melbourne, but you can't take the Melbourne out of a player.
Once, they've been in that system their standards and decision making processes are totally effed.
Those 3 have all had large wraps at one point or another, and have gone to Geelong, Fremantle and Hawthorn, arguably the 3 best modern football systems in regards to structures and leadership, and all 3 have failed to live up to expectation. I have no doubt Howe will do the same wherever he ends up.

Very good points and I almost totally agree. Though I think that a lot of the wraps on Frawley were as a result of his dad's mates in the media. A good player, sure. But geez he was hyped up way beyond his ability
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Compare that to a bad player sure.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Howe is a much better player than Fasolo....come to think of it, I don't really rate Fasolo. He is the type of player that will not help us improve.
If Howe wants to come to Collingwood, I say why not!!!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Cam wrote:
Howe was a full forward before getting shafted to the Dees. He was in talks with Collingwood in 2010 and perhaps was testing/training with us [if you can believe the internet] which may have caused Melb to take him early in the draft at #33 because he was expecting to go to the Pies. Ye Old Collingwood Supporter as a kid too. His nickname used to be 'Bucks' due to his love of our coach. Was regarded as an accurate kick.

Stop it....i'm getting emotional.....surely you're making this shit up. Confused
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:43 pm

PK was a passionate, lifelong Collingwood supporter, too, RB. So, for that matter, are you and me - but we wouldn't want either of us lining up for FF at the 'Pies in round 1, 2016, would we?

I'm not commenting on Howe's worth as player - he may be a good get, at the right price - but the emotion needs to be left to one side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 4 of 41   

Jump to: