Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Its Collingwood's flag to lose" - I'm very wary!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Time to go back to the VFL Lippa

Yeah I usually love him, but he was slow, even a bit lazy tonight!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:46 am

Seriously??? By Lippa, I assume you mean Lipinski? I must have been watching a different game. Would have to watch it again but pretty sure he took quite a few marks and made good decisions in key moments. No way you'd drop him
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:25 am

Baring injury this is the group of 25 (WHE and AJ) that will play in the finals.

It was the 1st game Checkers and McStay worked together since the start of the season, Alir took a few marks but they generally worked well to mark or get it too ground where Elliott, Hill and McCreery manages to take their opportunity when they came. 2 rucks I thought gave us a good advantage last night.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:00 pm

Now confirmed - Will Ashcroft out 12 months with an ACL.
That’s how easy it is to have one clubs premiership hopes diminish and our clubs chances potentially enhanced.
It can all change very quickly !!
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:30 pm

^^^ This is why we have and need good depth in our team - for the eventualities.

Our senior players in the VFL that can be considered unlucky being outside our best 23 may be called upon at any time up to the last match of the year. And that could be the Grand Final. It's worth their while to keep fit and play as well as can be. With a bit of good fortune, it could be their chance in a lifetime to play in a final or Grand Final!

e.g. Frampton, Johnson, Kreuger, Ginnivan, Macrae, Carmichael, Harrison, Ruscoe, McInnes

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Now confirmed - Will Ashcroft out 12 months with an ACL.
That’s how easy it is to have one clubs premiership hopes diminish and our clubs chances potentially enhanced.
It can all change very quickly !!

That is terrible news for the young man. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:53 pm

NOW we are outright Premiership favorites, Im getting very nervous. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:26 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
NOW we are outright Premiership favorites, Im getting very nervous. !

Pfffttt I say. Bring it on. Go Pies!
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:22 pm

Given our record at winning flags (or more to the point losing the unlosable ones - remember 1970 the greatest Collingwood team ever), there is no such thing as a sure thing at Collingwood. We should win this year, but we are fighting history.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:58 pm

shawthing wrote:
Given our record at winning flags (or more to the point losing the unlosable ones - remember 1970 the greatest Collingwood team ever), there is no such thing as a sure thing at Collingwood. We should win this year, but we are fighting history.

Yes, history. In both 1970 and 2018 GFs we booted the first five goals, and lost both matches. the only team in history to have that dubious record, to have done it twice. We are hopeful, but only just quietly confident, even now. Surprised Surprised

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:24 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:

Yes, history. In both 1970 and 2018 GFs we booted the first five goals, and lost both matches. the only team in history to have that dubious record, to have done it twice. We are hopeful, but only just quietly confident, even now. Surprised Surprised

That is ok only way older supporters can be. We have gone to the well so many times but got the water only twice in 64 years. But it’s about time we improved our GF winning record under McRae, like we have improved in so many other areas since his arrival. We have the players, coaches and a great administration to achieve ultimate success. We just need to make it happen.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:49 pm

Am blown away with my side this year but boy!!

Am so resisting the call of a flag — been burned since seeing flag challenges since the 1952 loss. There have been many on the journey to now

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:50 pm

Am blown away with my side this year but boy!!

Am so resisting the call of a flag — been burned since seeing flag challenges since the 1952 loss. There have been many on the journey to now

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:43 pm

I thought this might be worth a re launch. Yes, we made it, and, objectively, it IS our flag too lose. Lions, not a patch on the side of 02 03, with a bevy of stars, ala, Voss, Lynch , Ackerasshole, Black, our Fly, Ashcroft snr , Pike, Lappin, the annoying Scott bros, etc, just went on an on, a galaxy of talent. This Lions team is good, yes, but it aint a superteam like that one, and unlike that one, it is vulnerable on the big MCG, that one was not, back then. !

WE owe these pricks for those lost flags, in a way, Fly owes us one back. LOL so, bring it on. This is it, we have a huge chance to bring this premiership home, the ball is in our court. Its now or never, in my view, as Pendles, Sdey, Howe, Cox are all at their best, but getting on in age. WE need to win this flag, as I cannot see us equalling this sort of season next year. Its time. Oh and Lions, REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD. !!!!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:51 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I thought this might be worth a re launch. Yes, we made it, and, objectively, it IS our flag too lose. Lions, not a patch on the side of 02 03, with a bevy of stars, ala, Voss, Lynch, Ackermaggot, Black, our Fly, Ashcroft snr , Pike, LabRat Lappin, the annoying Scott bros, etc, just went on an on, a galaxy of talent. This Lions team is good, yes, but it aint a superteam like that one, and unlike that one, it is vulnerable on the big MCG, that one was not, back then. !

WE owe these pricks for those lost flags, in a way, Fly owes us one back. LOL so, bring it on. This is it, we have a huge chance to bring this premiership home, the ball is in our court. Its now or never, in my view, as Pendles, Sidey, Howe, Cox are all at their best, but getting on in age.
WE need to win this flag, as I cannot see us equalling this sort of season next year. Its time. Oh and Lions, REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD. !!!!

Summed up nicely brother

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: