Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Qualifying Final. Magpies v. Demons. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpiefan3 wrote:
I think the last time we played them on King's Birthday we had no De Goey, Elliott and Ginnivan

We are a much better team playing them this time round.
They didn't have Oliver or Fritsch. In my view, the teams are pretty even.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:41 am

Apart from Frampton and Macrae, who will lose their spots for Moore and Murphy, the question is which players are under the most pressure to make way for the return of McCreery? To my mind, they are:

McStay
Lipinski
WHE
Markov

Given we play 2 rucks, and our need for intensity and maximum pace, I would choose McStay to miss. However, I suspect Fly may want him to play a defensive role on May. If that's the case, then perhaps Lipinski, who, after injuring his shoulder, unfortunately has not been able to re-capture his good form from last year.

Overall, I'm very confident we'll beat the Dees convincingly. Do that, and we'll be on our way to our 16th Flag. Go Pies.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:19 am; edited 2 times in total
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:52 am

In general, what is wrong with playing footy on a $Ł$%^%%$ Sunday?!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:12 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
In general, what is wrong with playing footy on a $ďż˝$%^%%$ Sunday?!

Not enough rest for teams playing the next week, plus interstate travel.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:14 am

BazBoy wrote:
The Kings Birthday. A 4 point loss
Qtr time Us 3.1. Them 1.4
H/time. 5.4. 3.8
3qtr time 6.5. 6.11
4th qtr. 9.8. 8.18

Not a lot in it.

Just 9 more shots by them and a late flurry by us when we threw Naicos on ball. The dominated us after half time.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:15 am

You know what sucks? If Melb didn’t choke in the wet vs GWS they would have finished second and we’d both be playing interstate teams at the MCG week 1 and 3!!! Clowns.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:56 am

The more annoying thing is that they should have beaten Carlton, and would have if it hadn't been for the umpire calling Petracca's goal a behind at the end. Not only would Melbourne have finished 2nd, but Carlton would have finished 7th and currently be facing an away final against the Giants!
Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:30 am

Collingwood should be only missing Nick Daicos from their best 23 for our first Final which will mean some hard selection calls to be made.
I think I’d pick the following;
Maynard, Moore, Howe
Quaynor, Murphy, Noble
J.Daicos, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
McCreery, Mihocek, Hill
Elliot, McStay, Ginnivan
Cameron , DeGoey, Mitchell
Crisp, Hoskins-Elliott, Cox, Adams
Sub: Markov
Emerg: Lipinski, Frampton, Macrae

Only Adams record as a proven finals player get him a game ahead of Macrae who I thought looked comfortable against Essendon when he came on.
Lipinski unlucky but he’s a bit soft I reckon.
Frampton only gets a game if they drop Cameron who seems to have forgotten how to mark the ball but I think it’s a better balance with 2 ruckmen.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:58 am

Culprit wrote:
Magpiefan3 wrote:
I think the last time we played them on King's Birthday we had no De Goey, Elliott and Ginnivan

We are a much better team playing them this time round.

They didn't have Oliver or Fritsch. In my view, the teams are pretty even.

Fritsch played, he kicked 3.3 and was a handful

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:09 am

Nathan Buckley believes Mason Cox will keep his place in Collingwood’s best 22 for the upcoming finals series.
By Lachlan Geleit for SEN

...With Darcy Moore and Nathan Murphy returning from injury and Beau McCreery being available after a one-week suspension, Buckley believes that trio will return to the side with Nick Daicos still another week away from returning from a knee injury.

Buckley expects Fin Macrae to lose his spot as sub with Billy Frampton coming out of the side for captain Moore. He expects there to be one other change which will have to be made to make room for Murphy.

“We're assuming Moore, Murphy and McCreery will come back in and Daicos doesn't,” Buckley said. “I think Frampton for Moore is easy. I think Murphy is interesting because I think the sub will be out of (Oleg) Markov, Ginnivan or McCreery, I think they're the three for the sub.

“Maybe Hoskin-Elliott, although Will was one of the few Collingwood players that played a good four-quarter game and looked on top of ground.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/28/buckley-tips-cox-to-hold-his-spot-in-collingwoods-best-22-for-finals/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
choppa 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:15 am

Pretty sure last time we played them it was Lipinskis first game back and we also didn’t have Elliott, Ginni, McStay, Howe, Sidebottom, JDG and they had no Oliver.

By those inclusions alone surely we win. Gonna be bloody tough though have to bring our A game.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:51 pm

All teams of the top four will need our A game

In fact the three or maybe four finals we play the A game is absolute must

DT 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Apart from Frampton and Macrae, who will lose their spots for Moore and Murphy, the question is which players are under the most pressure to make way for the return of McCreery? To my mind, they are:

McStay
Lipinski
WHE
Markov

Given we play 2 rucks, and our need for intensity and maximum pace, I would choose McStay to miss. However, I suspect Fly may want him to play a defensive role on May. If that's the case, then perhaps Lipinski, who, after injuring his shoulder, unfortunately has not been able to re-capture his good form from last year.

Overall, I'm very confident we'll beat the Dees convincingly. Do that, and we'll be on our way to our 16th Flag. Go Pies.

Really interesting question you pose re McStay v Cox - May v Gawn dilemma. I would play Cox as he has a good record against Gawn who initiates the game. We have other flexibility for May including shifting Howe up front. I think playing smaller forward may be better. This is what McRae gets paid the big dollars for.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:08 pm

Since we're likely to play Cox and Cameron, wonder if Melbourne will bring Grundy in?
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:18 pm

My only contribution to this imbroglio is to say that it should be some sort of selection rule that the club does not pick any player who is not match fit, particularly if they are a player coming back from injury.

History shows us time and again, playing half fit players, no matter how desperate we are for a win or how good they are, just never works.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 4 of 26   

Jump to: