Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are Brisbane vulnerable on the MCG?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
We have a very aggressive defensive game plan.

Players like Daniher, C. Cameron, J. Cameron, Walker, Raynor, ... have got off the leash against us. Our defenders don't play tight.

I don’t see the correlation between having an aggressive defensive plan and opposition forwards getting off the leash. The problem was the lack of very close checking, applying high level pressure and failing to keep up with their pace. These things are still required in an aggressive defensive plan if we are to win. I do worry that we will get this right but I need to have more confidence in our defence’s ability to achieve this.

duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:13 am

mattdally wrote:
I remember this conversation about Richmond in 2019 when we beat the Cats in the first final, only to be knocked off by GWS.

I would hope that we look forward to the Prelim first before contemplating our potential GF opponent.

We choked in the unlosable 2019 prelim.
Let's not let history repeat and be a spectator come GF day.

Good words Mattdally.

Our main weapon, our coach, will be all over this.
MGR 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:09 pm

Can’t believe Mods let this thread on!!we have a preliminary to play next week!!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:45 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Looks like Melbourne has a bigger issue at the MCG come September than Brisbane does.

Brisbane did beat them at the MCG in last year's SF.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:23 am

MGR wrote:
Can’t believe Mods let this thread on!!we have a preliminary to play next week!!!

Well the question needs to be asked!

Whether or not the Bears hold off Caaaarlton to make the trip down is the pertinent question really!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:27 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Looks like Melbourne has a bigger issue at the MCG come September than Brisbane does.

Namely selecting players with broken bones whilst fully fit players watch yawning from the stands; oh, and their kicking at goal needs to be addressed over the summer perhaps? Laughing

One could argue Melbourne should be preparing for a PF against GWS this week instead, while Pies and Blues belted daylights out of each other in SF friday just gone; sliding door moments eh?

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:35 am

Right now... worry about the big big sound!
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:08 am

Meanwhile, Brisbane need to worry about whether they’re vulnerable at the Gabba!

Was watching The Round So Far and it was pointed out that, of their last nine losses at home, four have been in finals.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am

Brisbane are clear favourites, but I've a feeling the Blues will beat the Brions.

They will get back Martin and McKay, which should significantly strengthen them.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Brisbane are clear favourites, but I've a feeling the Blues will beat the Brions.

They will get back Martin and McKay, which should significantly strengthen them.

I think the Lions will crush them

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:16 pm

Brisbane are vulnerable anywhere outside of the Gabba and Marvel.
The were atrocious vs Hawks at the MCG and equally as bad against the Suns at Carrara.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:47 pm

Big T wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I think the Lions will crush them

Don’t know about crushing them but I think they’ll win by around 3 goals.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:51 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
K wrote:
We have a very aggressive defensive game plan.

Players like Daniher, C. Cameron, J. Cameron, Walker, Raynor, ... have got off the leash against us. Our defenders don't play tight.

I don’t see the correlation between having an aggressive defensive plan and opposition forwards getting off the leash. ...

Moore and co. don't play tight on their oppo. Even after they've kicked a lotta goals.

On Footy Classified a coupla weeks ago, they said Moore has conceded 45 goals this year. That's a lot. But he's busy intercepting and rebounding. We don't want him matched up against the most dangerous oppo forward.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 pm

The Gabba is almost identical conditions to Docklands. Tall stands all the way around with no wind inside the stadium or swirling breeze at ground level. There is no drop in pitches so the surface is super flat and consistent everywhere. That’s consistent bounce at all stoppages and centre bounces. It suits fast ball movement by foot. Whereas the MCG is trickier conditions with swirling breezes, inconsistent bounce and extra space out wide to cover with a zone. The few meters less width and less length of the Gabba result in goals being scored closer in than at the G where are far more goals from near 50 meters. And believe it or not goals are easier to score in some pockets at the G than others. On top of this Brisbane barely ever play at the G in the different conditions in front of a hostile crowd. This all leads to them not getting everything they like at home and not much chance to adapt. It all adds up to a poor record there.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:33 am

perthmagpie wrote:
The Gabba is almost identical conditions to Docklands. Tall stands all the way around with no wind inside the stadium or swirling breeze at ground level. There is no drop in pitches so the surface is super flat and consistent everywhere. That’s consistent bounce at all stoppages and centre bounces. It suits fast ball movement by foot. Whereas the MCG is trickier conditions with swirling breezes, inconsistent bounce and extra space out wide to cover with a zone. The few meters less width and less length of the Gabba result in goals being scored closer in than at the G where are far more goals from near 50 meters. And believe it or not goals are easier to score in some pockets at the G than others. On top of this Brisbane barely ever play at the G in the different conditions in front of a hostile crowd. This all leads to them not getting everything they like at home and not much chance to adapt. It all adds up to a poor record there.

Good read, and answered the essay question ! Thanks !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: