Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Dockers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 4:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - Will Parker in!
He must have been a very fit cricketer!
think better 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 4:35 pm

Ed Allan to debut too!
CPtechno12 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:05 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
David wrote:
If De Goey is out, then I think the Johnson question hinges on how Mihocek pulls up. We need someone to kick to, and in recent weeks even our break-glass-in-case-of-emergency, spare-parts forwards (Howe, Hoskin-Elliott, De Goey, McInnes) have been falling over. I really don’t see how he can’t be picked if Mihocek isn’t playing.

It is almost as if the replacement for Checkers role is like a supernatural vortex that sucks any player selected for it into injury
1) Howe
2)McInnes
3) WHE
4) JDG

It is almost like playing in our forward line to compenste for Checkers'absence is a certain injury sentence.

That is why I think Kreuger needs to be selected. He is so likely to get injured under normal circumstances, that under clearly abnormal circumstances such as these, he might well be the man to withstand the injury vortex.

top post - love the humour
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:06 pm

Collingwood announce debutants for Fremantle clash as injury toll rises

https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwood-announce-debutants-for-fremantle-clash-as-injury-toll-rises-150985/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:22 pm

Another 2 debutants. Wow, phucking wow!
I'm thrilled that Allan gets to debut. Regardless of how he goes this week, I have high hopes that he'll be integral to our midfield over the next decade.
As for Will Parker, I honestly know nothing about him, having hardly seen any of our VFL games. Nevertheless, having been a professional cricketer, he obviously is a disciplined and focused athlete, no doubt with great hand eye coordination, which is a talent well suited to footy.

I'm really excited to see this game. I must say, 4 to 5 weeks ago I was bemoaning the absence of new talent in our team, and now it features the likes of Harrison, Macrae, Richards, Sullivan, Allan and Parker.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Exciting than we have seen the start of a few careers over the past few games
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:34 pm

Freo are Freo. It depends which Freo turns up, but seriously if we can win this weekend it’ll speak volumes about our character.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:40 pm

The positive out of injuries is youngsters are getting a game. Any Senior game experience is worth it's weight in gold. Freo should win if you look at experience but the players that come in are to fill a role. The pressure is on Freo to win at home, it's a 50/50 game.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:55 pm

Hey hey Wil Parker come on down. If you haven't seen him in the VFL he's had some very fine moments, overlap run with dash and accurate kicks into the F50, defensive pressure, and sprint speed to chase down loose forwards and smother certain goals. This kid has some spark.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:59 pm

Sounded like McReery and Checkers would get up. AFL website also saying that Allan and Parker will also debut. Suggests four ins so no room for Kreuger. Is it:

McInnes out, Checkers in
Hosk out, McReery in
Jordy out, Allan in

Need another out I think to allow for Parker (maybe as the sub?)

Who am I missing?

We didn’t have Jordy for WC or Carlton and Lipinski, Daicos x 2, Pendles and Crisp did well. Checkers and Cox can probably provide more than we had last week up front.

Still going to be very difficult I think.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:26 pm

Yep a minimum 3 out and we might be in for a lot of speculation until the team is named in full.

1) Either Beau or Checkers could yet be held over one more week. If one of them doesn't get up then then Ins are Allen, Parker plus Beau or Checkers.
2) Otherwise someone who's not injured is getting rested or omitted as they weren't named in Jarrod Wade's Injury Update.
3) The other wild card is that two or more players are being rested / omitted and the likes of Kreuger, Dean or Johnson will get a run.

I'm guessing it's more scenario 1 or 2 than 3.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 7:10 pm

Seems like there'll be at least 4 changes this week with Checkers, McCreery, Parker and Allan set to come in.

Our injured outs are McInnes, WHE and De Goey, meaning there'll be at least one more out. Unless a player like Sidey needs to be rested because of the consecutive 6 day turn around, based purely on form, I think Markov and Macrae would need to come under the selection microscope. Neither has really had much of an impact, since coming back into the side.

We know Markov can play well, given his form for us last year, but this year he has been rather underwhelming. Perhaps he's being asked to play a different role?

As for Macrae, having been on our list for 4 seasons, I am yet to see him do much at all when given the opportunity to display his worth in the seniors. Compare his performances to those of Harrison, Richards and Sullivan. They have already shown glimpses (in some cases more than that) of elite potential. I hate to be negative about a young player, and I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see him being retained on our list after this year. So on that basis, if I was coach I would be dropping him this week. Luckily for our club I am not the coach. Cool
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 7:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We know Markov can play well, given his form for us last year, but this year he has been rather underwhelming. Perhaps he's being asked to play a different role?

More likely this is his "real" level. Prolly over-performed last year & his GF performance was shaky.

Matthew Lloyd always says: Judge players on their second year at a new club, after the first year "sugar hit" is over. (Of course, Grundy stank up the joint in his sugar-hit year, but immediately got another sugar-hit year...)
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 7:19 pm

An observation re"Markov;
This year Noble seems to have a lot more run up the ground , this year its Markov who isn't.
There may be one backman role which defaults back and another role following the play. Or Markov isn't playing well at all lol.

I think it will be Allan starting and Parker on the bench.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 7:30 pm

Parker as sub seems pretty likely to me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: