Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie again. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

7-4 basically nearing half way. Would have taken that at 0-3. Despite the Cox injury it was the Checkers one that hurt us more as Ed Allen had to play FF. Let’s just hope we don’t cop anymore.

I thought we put the cue in the rack too early and handed them momentum even before that shit “common sense” decision.

By the way it is an actual rule so no point blowing your stack over it, shit happens.

If we really want to whinge why wasn’t the goal overturned when IQ touched the ball, it appeared his fingers went back, we would have still have been 4 goals up.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:51 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Regarding Schultz I vomit every time he goes near it.
We got him to kick goals, we’re 11 rounds in & he’s done sweet fk all.
We were jibbed big time on this deal, make no mistake!

Maybe, Im just hoping he will eventually click to our game style, it took McStay a while to come good, by his second season. And how we miss him now, a big target, his loss was huge this year. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:52 pm

I'd like to see how many times a player didn't give the ball straight back to the umpire in this match - I be it's a few - and they only pay it once. I'd like to see how many times a player has taken LONGER to give the ball back to the umpire, or the player who had the free or mark, than Sullivan and Daicos did tonight. If it's for delaying the game, it's a disgrace.

They need to come out and admit it - it wasn't there, it's cheating.

Worse, the "high tackle" on the freo player (can't remember who) when they dived on the footy for a clearance and made all the contact - that should've been a pies free for holding the ball - diving on it - everery day of the week,.

Sure we kicked poorly, but we deserved to win, How many Freo supporters would be happy if we kicked straight but they were robbed of, say, 10 frees in the last 5 minutes to even the score up?

We don't ahve to be 5 goals better than an opponent to win, just one point. If the umpires cheat to give them 12 points, well, that's cheating.,..,

I look forward to our 2 goals free in red time next week to make up for it Laura Kane...

- Ben
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 11:55 pm

You're right Jonno - definititely touched by IQ. Cheating maggots.

- Ben
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:00 am

Absurd decision against Sullivan – we clearly would have held on and won without that so it’s pretty infuriating. A couple of other questionable frees in the last few minutes too.

I thought the young players were mostly pretty good. Allan was a bit all at sea and didn’t have a great debut, but Harrison, Richards, Dean and Sullivan were all great and Parker did a couple of nice things from limited opportunities.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:05 am

That draw was totally created by the umpires.
After
1) quaynor's touch was not shown from any other angle (Freo players head blocked the vision from the one replay viewed, and no other camera viewpoints consideredP
2) The free kick to Freo becauswe the ball was not handed to the ump but rather to the freo player
wtf ....are you insane...these umpires really need to pass IQ tests before they can qualify as umpires. That is just so stupid, so unfair, ...it cost us the win
3) Somehow these idiot maggots realised that they should not pay technical free kicks when the game is on the line, and decided that Bruzza should not get the 50 m penalty, despite it being technically there. But just a fminute ago, they payed just such a technical free to Fremantel, resulting in a goal.
3) The ridiculous free kick to Freo unsettled our guys, and gave Fremantle suddenly extra belief. That swung momentum. Yes, f**wit umpire decisions at crucial moments actually can have a decistive impact.
I am so outraged and angry at what transpired tonight.
That was our win
But my full congratulations to the entire team and the coaches. Should have been our victory, under enormous conditions of disadvantage to us with so many injuries and on the road.
AFL umpires need to be trained better in how to discern when to ignore technical free kicks which are irrelevant to the flow of the game, but might prove decisive in the result.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:10 am

piedys wrote:
^

Normally I don’t bag the maggots Dyso but that one for not handling the ball back to the umpire is the ultimate Clanger.

We were robbed but take the 2 pts.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:13 am

Johnno75 wrote:
7-4 basically nearing half way. Would have taken that at 0-3. Despite the Cox injury it was the Checkers one that hurt us more as Ed Allen had to play FF. Let’s just hope we don’t cop anymore.

I thought we put the cue in the rack too early and handed them momentum even before that shit “common sense” decision.

By the way it is an actual rule so no point blowing your stack over it, shit happens.

If we really want to whinge why wasn’t the goal overturned when IQ touched the ball, it appeared his fingers went back, we would have still have been 4 goals up.

I dont think we put the cue in the rack.
We were screwed over by a couple of outrageious umpiring decisions. These decisions can give belief to the team that beneifts and massivey unnerve the team that suffers. I really think that after the technical free kick for not handing the ball back to the umpire was paid, we got unnerved by the idiocy of such a decision, and Fremantle thought: with umpiring decisions like that, we are totally in this game.
I dont like to blame umpires generally, because I think that we must be capable of overcoming these.
'But that decision tonight to give Fremantel a free goal because the ball wasnt handed to the right person, totally confused and temporarily demoralised our guys.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:13 am

I'll bet that happened in the game earlier and no one noticed. It would have happened a lot this year too and no free. Let's highlight the instances and ask the AFL for an explaination!

- Ben
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:15 am

Damien wrote:
Normally I don’t bag the maggots Dyso but that one for not handling the ball back to the umpire is the ultimate Clanger.

We were robbed but take the 2 pts.

You could plainly see that lowlife bald headed fuckingrat was GAGGING to get Freo back into the game deep in the final term.

Let's see what Dildo and his moll have to say this week about their precious cheats.

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:24 am

After somehow being 20 odd points in front after 3 and a bit quarters the draw actually feels like a loss…yes the umpiring was disgraceful…and the inept and rushed review of the Q touched ‘goal’ disgusting…but gees I love this team!

Unfortunate to get more injuries but there’s a lot of positives to take out of tonight. Not everyone was at their best but we didn’t lose…which I for one thought highly likely considering the personnel out.

Richards and Harrison are players and will be assets moving forward. Parker also has something…no wonder he got selected ahead of Macrae.

Schulz hasn’t set the world on fire to date sure, but he’ll come good…have no doubts about that.

Once some of our guns start filtering back in we’re going to give this an almighty shake!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:25 am

Courageous and brilliant effort.
ths team is based on systems
Every player selected at senior level understands his role in the sytem.
What was shown tonight, is that our debutansts, coming in from the VFL, fully understand what their role in the sytsem is.
Kudos to our development program at VFL level
We are creating players who, with no AFL experience, can come in and play at the required level.
Victory tonight was stoen from us by shocking umpiring.
A purely technical free kick for giving the ball back to the wrong player resulting in a Freo goal, and no technically there 50 m penalty to Bruzza (to even up the score) resulted in their ability to even the score.
We can draw confidence from the amazing levels of talent that we have created in the VFL.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:27 am

Haff wrote:
Those calling out corruption are kidding themselves. A technical call by the bald **** sure but he didn’t make us kick 15 behinds. We had 6 more scoring shots.
Didn’t make us stop running the last 5 minutes.
They ran all over us when we tried to save the game. Perhaps down to having kids not knowing their roles and a few down on the bench.

You are either purposely or unintentionally missing the point. This matter was specifically about a wrong decision by an UMPIRE costing us a game, not a wrong decision by a player which can happen regularly in any game. The problem is that the club ensures that the players learn from their mistakes but I’m still to be fully convinced that the VFL/AFL ever teaches the umpires not to repeat mistakes because they seem to continue making them week after week after week. Even after so many occasions that Collingwood have suffered from bad decisions (even in GF’s), the umps still don’t seem to have improved. Another thing is that the club is not being brave and courageous enough to confront the AFL about the problems so it is never properly addressed ever and will continue for years without a proper solution.

Last edited by lazzadesilva on Sat May 25, 2024 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:28 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
^

Great post. A lot to be optimistic about even though the final result was disappointing.

I don't get flustered watching this team. They're just so well drilled and well coached by Fly and his assistants. It gives me a lot of confidence that whatever they're up against, they can overcome it or give it a mighty shake.

Seeing some of the younger brigade step up partly due to our growing injury list has been one of the highlights of the season. Harrison and Richards standout among the pack.

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:29 am

We are playing them on their home deck, we are playing with so many out, and are well on top. The game was taken from us by atrocious umpiring decisions. I can f…ing handle our players getting manhandled and not paid for f…ing ever, but those Daicos and Sullivan decisions. F… me, just kick it for them. And anyone being critical of this team and club now. Well I have no words. Take out the equivalent of what we have out in any other club and see how’d they would go. I am beyond angry. Still results will go our way, Carlton will miss the 8, well finish fourth, and then win it from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: