Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Suns.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

See after thursday training session but i got a gut feel that De goey will be held over till we play Essendon.
Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:14 pm

Isn’t it great to have options and a few selection headaches…got pretty dire there for a while, which I believe not enough has been spoken about or acknowledged how we got through the last several weeks and still made it to top 4 when many were saying our season was done.

Anyway, there’s a few easy decisions with Macrae and Jiath most likely to be omitted for obvious reasons which I won’t go into here but have detailed several times in other threads months ago. Some tough calls also need to be made depending if both Richards and Jordy are good to go. I have a feeling either Noble or McInnes, maybe both will be sat out this week. Possibly even Dean, who hasn’t been bad and is improving weekly, but will probably be squeezed out too.

Macrae - Omitted. A passenger ATM and not up to standard unfortunately.
Jiath - Omitted. Not a bad debut and showed something.
McInnes - Omitted. Appears a tad soft and doesn’t seem to want it enough.
Noble - Omitted. Has been found out and exploited a few times. Tries his guts out to make up for it but makes too many costly errors.
Dean - Omitted. Unlucky but promising.

Must say extremely disappointed with how Macrae and McInnes to some degree have gone thus far considering their preseason when they were both tearing it up and were clear standouts.

So that means…
Pendles - In. No explanation needed.
Checkers - In. See above.
Markov - In. Would’ve played last week if not for personal reasons.
De Goey - In. If he’s right to go then needs to play.
Noble a reprieve if Jordy doesn’t get up and is given another week, however Richards will probs come in next week for Bummers at the G, so Noble more than likely be omitted then.
Thought Ned Long might’ve been a slim chance for a debut in sin city, but might be too soon following a calf strain.

Will be extremely interesting to see how the selection committee rocks it this week and the next.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:02 am

Said by Zed wrote:
Isn’t it great to have options and a few selection headaches…got pretty dire there for a while, which I believe not enough has been spoken about or acknowledged how we got through the last several weeks and still made it to top 4 when many were saying our season was done.

Huh? Experts pretty much have us as the second best team BECAUSE of the way we came through this period of injuries.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:21 pm

Assuming JDG is available, which is probably 50/50, my changes would be:

In: JDG, Pendles, Checkers

Out: Macrae, TJ, Dean (unlucky)

I guess Fly also has to decide whether to bring in Markov, no doubt by dropping Noble. I would give Noble one more week to improve his performance.

If the inclusion of Pendles and possibly JDG, squeezes Sullivan out of the midfield, then he could well be the sub.

I wonder if we could see a forward line with 3 key forwards in Krueger, Checkers and McInnes? As they are all very mobile, I think it could be great. Anyway, we'll know soon enough.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:36 pm

I don’t think Noble will be dropped but he is on notice to improve his performances and consistency if he wants to stay in.
Not too sure about playing 3 key forwards unless one is the sub.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:24 pm

I love Noble’s effort and endeavour but he has a few faults
If he makes a error early he over tries to make up for it that generally leads to more errors
He often over plays his hand. Instead of taking the obvious option he will look to take a much harder option thus leading to turnovers.
When taken deep he’s a ball watcher and losses his man in traffic too often
I’m guessing these were the reasons he found himself outside the best 22 at the end of last season. He has played some good footy this year but last few games he’s been making the old errors again.
Until we are at full strength (meaning majority of player available) he likely stays in the 23
Boot 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:55 pm

I think John Noble stays in this team to provide the run and carry out of the half back line and his speed is a crucial defensive asset to cover the opposition speedy smalls. The speed of our backline to run and carry into offence is a key and often at our best it has been Noble who has led the team. I think it was Noble who provided the spark to kick start our season after a very slow start after missing the first 3 games of the year.
Sure he still makes some nasty turnover mistakes which inevitably cost goals when they happen, but I'm optimistic that he has improved this part of his game and the pro's out-weigh the con's for this part of his game. He has also improved his one-on-one contesting ability via a bit more upper body strength but this is still a weakness of his game.
Hence, I still like Noble in the team but I also like Markov either in the 22 or as the sub to provide the option of another fast rebounding defender with greater one-on-one contesting ability but a little less reliable with his disposal than Noble. Markov tends to play within his own limitations which means he is less prone to nasty turnovers, but usually his disposals are simply long down the line with not as much attacking potential compared to Noble's usual attacking attitude.
If we maintain a full list to chose from leading into the finals, I hope the selectors will take the opportunity to rest some of the team members before the finals so that the majority of the team has an opportunity for a week off to recover from the stress of AFL before the end of the season to give us the optimum physical condition leading into September action, but that will depend on how well the team continues to win enough games to hopefully secure with 2nd or 3rd spot on the ladder at the end of the season.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:25 pm

There seem strong suggestions from insiders on BF that Pendles will be right to play.
JDG is not certain (which means he won't play...too much risk to rush back)
Checkers is certain.
Richards won't play (even if deemed fit. Given a game in VFL instead)

The amazing situation we are in right now is that our fringe players from the VFL have been wonderful, and established their capacity to play at the required level. So we don't feel under pressure to rush back our stars.

For me, it will be:
IN: Pendles, Checkers
OUT: TJ, Dean

TJ was great on debut, but still needs more time in the VFL before playing at the AFL level.

With Checkers in, Frampton goes back. Then we have too many talls in defence (Darcy, Frampton, Dean) so one makes way. Frampers gets the nod in my opinion over Charlie because he has the ability to play in the ruck.

I am looking forward to seeing both Kreugs and Checkers in the forward line- something that has not occurred in a long time.

Our team is just an amazing group. Absolute commitment to the team structure, and -due to clearly elite coaching- total understanding of the game plan, at all levels (AFL and VFL).
With Pendles back directing traffic I have great confidence in our ability to win this game.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:13 pm

I find our weakness is our exits out of defense like trying to get out of our own area.
I have noticed that we just rush and hack it forward and that its normally the oppostion on the end of it or just goes into space.
I think we should be more calm in our back half and size up situations better.
And get numbers to the ball when its in disputed ball 50/50 contests.
Our area of the ground in 2024 thats lacking is down back.
ok when we actually get it forward of centre tho.
Matter of hitting targets exiting ouf of the back line.
The we are away.
Also centre clearences.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:05 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
There seem strong suggestions from insiders on BF that Pendles will be right to play.

From the club's injury report:

"Scott Pendlebury has overcome the partial tendon tear in his left bicep.

The midfielder has completed all required rehab and dynamic work in the gym which focused on rebuilding strength and movement in his shoulder and elbow.

The 36-year-old will return to full training this week and is expected to return for this week’s match against the SUNS".

I think we take that as a certainty.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:21 am

Jordy a definite ?

Pendles ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
DT 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:28 am

JdG in

Schultz out

IQ in doubt

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:32 am

DT wrote:

IQ in doubt

So... What's up with Schultz and Quaynor?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:45 am

Schultz = gastro

IQ = "illness"
piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:40 pm

IQ "manflu" more specifically. Will train tomorrow (assume captains run up at gold coast so probably travels). I suspect he plays - but maybe wont be at his best.

Pendles, Checkers, Jordy and maybe Joe Richards ins I reckon.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: