Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The great Travis Cloke debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you guys are all complete morons, i think you all must have noticed that Cloke's body is clearly shot to pieces from putting his body on the line too often. He looks EXACTLy like Dermie did when he played for Collingwood.

He was desperate to avoid big collisions when he spent an entire career relishing them. Why would he do this with his career on the line unless he is physically limited? there was mention of an epidural for a slipped disc and all sorts of rumors about about his health.

It is sad watching the best power forward of our generation (in my opinion - and this does not mean best forward - i recognize there have been other greats this generation, including Brown, Pavlich, Kennedy, Franklin, roughhead, etc. - i'm talking about the guy who could crash a pack and take the strong bull mark - the POWER forward) struggling now as a result of the very thing that made him great. made me sad watching him.

Its time for us to appreciate the wonderful contribution that Travis Cloke has made to the Collingwood Football Club.

Travis Cloke. Premiership Player! Thank you for a great career. i hope your body allows you some more great games. i understand that might not be possible.

E 

Unless you guys are all complete morons, i think you all must have noticed that Cloke's body is clearly shot to pieces from putting his body on the line too often. He looks EXACTLy like Dermie did when he played for Collingwood.

He was desperate to avoid big collisions when he spent an entire career relishing them. Why would he do this with his career on the line unless he is physically limited? there was mention of an epidural for a slipped disc and all sorts of rumors about about his health.

It is sad watching the best power forward of our generation (in my opinion - and this does not mean best forward - i recognize there have been other greats this generation, including Brown, Pavlich, Kennedy, Franklin, roughhead, etc. - i'm talking about the guy who could crash a pack and take the strong bull mark - the POWER forward) struggling now as a result of the very thing that made him great. made me sad watching him.

Its time for us to appreciate the wonderful contribution that Travis Cloke has made to the Collingwood Football Club.

Travis Cloke. Premiership Player! Thank you for a great career. i hope your body allows you some more great games. i understand that might not be possible.

E 

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:09 am

oops. DP
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:31 am

E wrote:
oops. DP
TP Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:20 am

Culprit wrote:
E wrote:
oops. DP
TP Laughing

Don't blame me its QP

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:11 am

[b]
Pies4shaw wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
^^Yes, Flashman, you're quite right. I obviously misunderstood what you meant by saying "Put it better than I ever could" when you quoted Woods' post.

Here's your big test Pies4shaw.

You said I called Travis Cloke stupid, greedy and a liar. I didn't (merely quoting and agreeing with the post of the poster who did). Now after wanting me to justify why I called him those things I didn't you're assuming I agree with him saying that. I don't (never met Travis but I agree with Woods that he's poison to our side).

You got it arsed about and thought I said those things. You were mistaken (much as you were with unalienable and inalienable being different words but couldn't admit to and shifted the goal posts for your objection to my use of it).

We all make mistakes, so let's see you admit you got this one wrong, just this once.

Now, here's an interesting backslide - "You said I called Travis Cloke stupid, greedy and a liar. I didn't (merely quoting and agreeing with the post of the poster who did)."
So, when you say quoted Woods' post and agreed with it (by saying "Put it better than I ever could"), you seriously think that a reasonable reader of your post would believe that you meant something completely different and that the expression "Put it better than I ever could" meant that you actually disagreed with Woods in some significant ways?

Keep digging, lad.

Come on admit it lol.

You saying "I am yet to see any spirited defence of your previous reference to him as "an egomaniac, greedy, a liar, or just plain stupid" makes it pretty bleeding obvious that you thought I wrote those words when I obviously didn't.

Even if I did think he was those things why should I defend Woods for posting it? He's a grown up, he's saying it and he doesn't need a "spirited defence" from me. even if I was entirely in accordance (which I largely am minus the bits about his Travis's intelligence or honesty which not knowing him I can't comment on nor really care about).

The issue is you saying I said those things but you now won't admit it just as you reckoned unalienable wasn't a word and after being shown it was you tried to change your objection to it being misused.

Poor Pies4Shaw. He thought he was wrong once but was mistaken.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:10 am

^ good post, E, even if it was made four times. There is something very wrong with Cloke, and it is reasonable to assume it is his body. He seems to have almost no jump at all. I hope he gets right, but I think we may be near the end.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ good post, E, even if it was made four times. There is something very wrong with Cloke, and it is reasonable to assume it is his body. He seems to have almost no jump at all. I hope he gets right, but I think we may be near the end.

I agree with you. He just doesn't have the mobility that he used to have. I don't believe that it is because he is disinterested or that there is some reason other than his body just can't do it any more. He has been crashing and bashing into the biggest and best defenders for the last decade. I would rather forget about the contract, about how much he has been paid and the influence of his father. I prefer to think of him as a player that despite his kicking flaws was very good and helped the club win a premiership. Many on this board seem to have forgotten that and take delight in kicking him while he is down. It's no surprise the media are doing that if his own team's supporters are just as bad.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:50 am

Gonzalo wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
Daniel wrote:
The conditions that suit Travis Cloke are the EFL.

Quite a hypocritical post.

You are happy to label one a Richmond supporter for not rating Buckley but you make a cheap and snide remark to a premiership CHF who has given his all for the club and tasted the ultimate success (unlike Nathan).

Buckley never held the club to ransom and didn't deliver as Cloke did in 2012

Buckley did hold the club to ransom. He wanted a 3 year deal last year when he had 4 straight years of regression as a coach.

In 2012, Cloke was the best power forward in the AFL. He broke the record for contested marks and the next year he was a bees penis away from winning the Coleman Medal.

In 2012, Fremantle offered Cloke over $1 million per season. Ditto Carlton.

He showed great loyalty to accept unders and any KPF that was in their prime like Cloke was then would have got such offers from other clubs.

Your abuse of Cloke is hypocritical.

Gee, I guess all the reports that it was a 1 year extension at Buck's insistence were just rubbish then. Are you ever planning on using actual facts as the basis for your rants?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:54 am

E wrote:

I think there is some merit to what you say E but I still think most of his issues are between the ears.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:59 am

E wrote:

This is Heavily up for dispute , were are his Blonde tips ? And the ability to actually scrag some people? Dermie gave us something that year. He also had really impressive gloves from memory.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:02 pm

*IF* he's got a bloody slipped disc;

a) he should inform the club immediately

b) rest and if necessary operate

c) it doesn't make sense that he is still playing a contact sport with it?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:09 pm

E wrote:

You are looking right there E.
I have kept out of this debate for one reason or other. but I don't think that his lack of crashing the pack is anything other than a body issue.
You mention Dermie And I will put up Gavin Brown because the first half of his career was fantastic but after using his body as a battering ram his career went downhill quickly.
As TP said years of being tripled teamed every week looksh like it has taken a terrible toll.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:34 pm

thompsoc wrote:
E wrote:

You are looking right there E.
I have kept out of this debate for one reason or other. but I don't think that his lack of crashing the pack is anything other than a body issue.
You mention Dermie And I will put up Gavin Brown because the first half of his career was fantastic but after using his body as a battering ram his career went downhill quickly.
As TP said years of being tripled teamed every week looksh like it has taken a terrible toll.

I'm pretty sure that very few centre half forwards have played much beyond 30, which is why the club did not want to give Cloke a 5 yr contract extension back in 2012. The Dermie comparison is spot on. Cloke and his old man have to face up to the fact that the end is nigh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 31 of 52   

Jump to: