Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury and illness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

COLLINGWOOD

James Aish - Concussion (TEST)

Jamie Elliott - Buttock (TEST)

Brayden Sier - Toe (TEST)

Flynn Appleby - Ankle (TEST)

Chris Mayne - Back (2-3 Weeks)

Tyler Brown - Shoulder (2-4 Weeks)

Nathan Murphy - Ankle (3-4 Weeks)

Matt Scharenberg - Knee (4-5 weeks)

Lynden Dunn - Knee (Season)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

Quote:
Livewire forward Elliott appears a certain starter against Port Adelaide at Marvel Stadium on Friday night after missing the Anzac Day clash with Essendon and defender Aish also appears likely to return. Fellow backman Appleby and midfielder Sier could return in the VFL. Mayne, Murphy and Tyler Brown will be out for about another month each, while Scharenberg won't be far behind them as he comes back from a third knee reconstruction. The season seems over for veteran Dunn after a second anterior cruciate ligament rupture in nine months. - Ben Collins

K 

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:33 am

We're going okay. Melbourne isn't:

"In a presentation to the club board just before the season that foreshadowed the Demons’ slow start, club high performance boss David Misson used a comparison between the blessed pre-season program of 2018 and the compromised pre-season training for 2019, when many players were recovering from surgery and could not train.

In his presentation, Misson showed that the Demons had 39 players complete a total of 33 training sessions each in the pre-season prior to the successful 2018 season, when they made the finals for the first time in 12 years and stormed in to the preliminary final.

This year, in Misson’s telling, there were just 25 players completing a total of 22 sessions each – a massive drop partly explained by high number of players who had post-season surgery.

Close to 20 Melbourne players were still in the rehabilitation group after Christmas, meaning that they could not train properly and that, unlike many rival clubs, the Demons did not do match simulation until later in the pre-season than they would have liked."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/demons-early-warning-on-poor-start-to-2019-20190430-p51isa.html
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:45 pm

Ok so Cox is out. Hopefully only for a week. Aish also set to spend the week in the stands.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:07 am

Shame about Tay and the udductor injury. Here's hoping the scans reveal a mild tear.

A relatively minor groin injury might require just three weeks of rest, while a more severe injury could require four to six weeks. A complete rupture of a groin muscle could require surgery, which comes with a recovery period of up to three months. Resting after a groin strain is critical to a successful recovery. Returning to activity too quickly could worsen the injury and will certainly extend the groin injury recovery period.

This timeline can often be accelerated by immediately treating the injury with ice and compression to control swelling. Continuing cold and compression therapy for the first several days after the injury will also contribute to faster healing. Resting the muscles, limiting activity, and applying cold and compression can potentially shave days, and possibly weeks, off your recovery timeline. They keys are to have patience and usecold and compression therapy.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:07 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
Shame about Tay and the udductor injury. Here's hoping the scans reveal a mild tear.

A relatively minor groin injury might require just three weeks of rest, while a more severe injury could require four to six weeks. A complete rupture of a groin muscle could require surgery, which comes with a recovery period of up to three months. Resting after a groin strain is critical to a successful recovery. Returning to activity too quickly could worsen the injury and will certainly extend the groin injury recovery period.

This timeline can often be accelerated by immediately treating the injury with ice and compression to control swelling. Continuing cold and compression therapy for the first several days after the injury will also contribute to faster healing. Resting the muscles, limiting activity, and applying cold and compression can potentially shave days, and possibly weeks, off your recovery timeline. They keys are to have patience and usecold and compression therapy.

I'd rather the scans reveal no tear
eureka 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:35 am

When will we find out regarding Taylor Adams I hope it’s just a strain
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:58 am

If not later today, then Monday.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:40 am

Post their triumphant tour of Deutschland and consultation with 'Healing Hans' last year, I'd like to know more about the process around the longer term management of Darcy and Billy's soft tissue injuries.
If they get through unscathed in 2019, I'll start the crowd funding page to erect a bronze of Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt outside of the Westpac Centre.

Would resting either of them intermittently assist with getting them deep into September?
If so, I'd keep our best China in the cupboard rather than bring it out and risk cracking it on occasions that don't warrant it.
Carlton is one such occasion, they don't know how to look after nice things. Look at what they did with their list over the past decade.

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:15 pm

I'm pretty sure nine news reported last night that Darcy went for scans on something yesterday? I didn't catch the story, but a quick google says "Darcy Moore hurt his ankle in a marking contest in the second quarter". It's behind a paywall though. Anyone know anything about it?

Last edited by Horatio Fin on Mon May 06, 2019 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:06 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Post their triumphant tour of Deutschland and consultation with 'Healing Hans' last year, I'd like to know more about the process around the longer term management of Darcy and Billy's soft tissue injuries.
If they get through unscathed in 2019, I'll start the crowd funding page to erect a bronze of Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt outside of the Westpac Centre.

H-W M-W's worth is murkier than that. Reid went to see him in the past (2015), as did Freeman. (Less gushing ESPN articles are linked on p.23 of this thread.)

And the centre is no longer sponsored by a bank. Let's not tell the car manufacturer supporters are confused.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:40 am

Horatio Fin wrote:
I'm pretty sure nine news reported last night that Darcy went for scans on something yesterday? I didn't catch the story, but a quick google says "Darcy Moore hurt his ankle in a marking contest in the second quarter". It's behind a paywall though. Anyone know anything about it?

I cannot find the story.. You sure the ankle injury you read about wasn't the one he got in the 2nd quarter when we played West Coast?

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:26 pm

Coxy still in the moon-boot today.
Thought we might see 'The General' Grundy out under 'General Soreness' and if Cox was fit, brought in to trial him in a full game in the position. i.e. if the General ever went down.

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
Horatio Fin wrote:

I cannot find the story.. You sure the ankle injury you read about wasn't the one he got in the 2nd quarter when we played West Coast?

Cheers, Bucks. I should have taken a screenshot because the same search isn't turning up anything tonight. It was heraldsun.com and it was within the last couple of days.

I know for sure that nine news showed him in a white hoodie getting into a car leaving the facility and I'm pretty sure they were speculating it being his hammy. But I didn't actually get to catch the whole thing. Hopefully it was nothing, but it'd be nice to know, would be especially nice to know it wasn't a hammie.
K 

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 pm

Taylor Adams worse than first thought. Tendon injury. At least 4 wks out. Sad

Adams: "We first thought it was muscle. It's not muscle, it's tendon so that's obviously not a great sign.

"I imagine I'll miss at least a couple of weeks and probably pushing closer to four or so."
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:38 am

And Cox is "unlikely" to play on Saturday.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-star-adams-out-till-bye-cox-unlikely-for-blues-20190506-p51kng.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 32 of 96   

Jump to: