Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is the Bux extension worse than the Tony Shaw appointment ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMagic35 wrote:
Beast wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Beast wrote:
roar wrote:
Spot on, Shane. Should be stuck up there as a reminder.

Agree.

ps. was I the only one impressed with Buckley's paddock that consisted of isolating Blair one out against 3 Crows tall defenders?

Winner! I had 20 bucks on you to bumo this thread this week beast.

Someone needs to keep you clueless sycophants honest Laughing
I've never even said I agreed with the premise of this thread but the rubbish thats been spouted in here after we started winning is cringeworthy, as were the attacks on anyone who was daring to disagree.
And now we have Football "experts" like Lazza tell us we lost due to our youth and umpiring and that we were always going to come good in 2016
Well guess what, my biggest gripes with Bucks to date have been his weakness as a motivator and that was on display again last night.
. And the fact he wasn't appointed with the view of us being a force in 2016 by the time GC and GWS will be nigh on unstoppable.

Motivation provided by the coach as an issue in Thurday's game? Well then, motivation provided by the coach was a huge factor in the 10 goal turnaround against Essendon. Attribute a loss to the coach, attribute a win to the coach.

I actually do that mate, as despite the prickly nature of my posting ITT I am a Bucks believer. Motivation might have been the wrong word to use but we definitely went into that game with the wrong mindset. Like I mentioned somewhere else the current make up of our side requires us to be the hunters, not the hunted.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:50 pm

NO team woulda beaten the crows last week, it was their grannie, season on line stuff, they played out of their skins, above themselves, we played poorly yet lost by only three goals, im not counting the goal they booted post the siren. We met em at the wrong time, on rebound from utter humiliation, Bucks is not to blame, the crows just far, far more desperate in their last stand game.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Bump.

The jury is in for mine. Sadly Bucks is a total muppet as a coach.

His game plan sucks, he can't inspire, he keeps giving games to blokes who frankly aren't worth it, ignores blokes who are and makes selections that defy belief (ie dropping Keefe against a side with 2 x 200cm+ forwards).

I've supported him, believed in him but today on top of the disgrace that was last week has cemented my view (that began creeping in late last year but I denied it) that he's a terrible coach.

Injuries are a cop out when you see the same mistakes, the same system break downs week after week and now year after year. Plus we are a passionless, lazy and uninspired team and that fault lays fair and square with Buckley.

My hope is that Eddie will realize he's stuffed up massively and we bide our time, play the young ones, get rid of the has beens and duds and then make a massive and I mean massive play for Alistair Clarkson or Ross Lyon when they are out of contract or hopefully looking for a change or a 6 year plus contract. No other coach will suffice as we need proven, ruthless winners, not wishy washy feel good $£$%^%%$ stories like the whole succession plan was.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:53 pm

Flashman wrote:
Bump.

The jury is in for mine. Sadly Bucks is a total muppet as a coach.

His game plan sucks, he can't inspire, he keeps giving games to blokes who frankly aren't worth it, ignores blokes who are and makes selections that defy belief (ie dropping Keefe against a side with 2 x 200cm+ forwards).

I've supported him, believed in him but today on top of the disgrace that was last week has cemented my view (that began creeping in late last year but I denied it) that he's a terrible coach.

Injuries are a cop out when you see the same mistakes, the same system break downs week after week and now year after year. Plus we are a passionless, lazy and uninspired team and that fault lays fair and square with Buckley...

Yes Flash, was wondering where this thread went...

Last week was an indictment on the club's coaching in general, that we couldn't out-run or outscore an opponent with no interchange players for a quarter and a half.

And that is why you DON'T give coaches contract extensions prior to the end of the season current.
His molly-coddling of these overpaid and under performing princesses is laughable. The players getting a game on reputation alone is beyond a joke, depsite their deplorable performances.
This is beyond a doubt the worst skilled Collingwood team i have ever seen since supporting the club since 1979.
All that piss and wind at the Copeland trophy about pride in the jumper, blah blah blah was all just bullshit. And we all fell for it.
There were no changes. All you did was sack our most skillfull player, trade our most loyal player, and delist a ruckman who won us the last premiership we are likely to see.

Buckley should be SHITTING himself with the performance of his team, with the spectre of Scott Burns looming over his shoulder.
Exactly who was going to poach him away from us?
Instead we are locked in for how many more years of mediocraty under him, as he has taken a premiership team to the worst skilled team in the AFL in the space of less than three seasons.
We are now on the verge of missing the finals for the first time since 2005.
Nor do we deserve to be playing finals in 2014 for that matter.

This may unfortunately prove the undoing of McGuire in the process too.
Sorry Eddie, that was your biggest FAIL yet.

Dyso
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Its a fair question that demands a considered response

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:02 pm

^ YOUR glass half empty is a fair question that demands a considered response. I suppose that makes sense.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:03 pm

HAL wrote:
^ YOUR glass half empty is a fair question that demands a considered response. I suppose that makes sense.

Kiss my half glass HAL

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Enough about me, let's talk about the Pies.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Dyso you've hit the nail on the head mate.

And I'm sure you, like me, doesn't take any joy from this shemozzle whatsoever.

Frankly Eddie who turned this club back into a power is responsible for it's disintegration. I pray he has the courage to admit he's stuffed up terribly but I know there's no way known he will.

I just hope everyone will remember Bucks as the great Collingwood player he was and not the woefully inept and out of his depth coach he clearly is.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Was he that great really?
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:19 pm

As a player?

Um...yeah unless amazingly consistent elite ball winners with silky skills and superb disposal don't do much for you.

Certainly he was worlds ahead as a player than anyone disgracing our jumper at the moment.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:25 pm

9 goals in 15 mins; there's time enough if we're good enough

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Flashman wrote:
Dyso you've hit the nail on the head mate.

And I'm sure you, like me, doesn't take any joy from this shemozzle whatsoever.

Frankly Eddie who turned this club back into a power is responsible for it's disintegration. I pray he has the courage to admit he's stuffed up terribly but I know there's no way known he will.

I just hope everyone will remember Bucks as the great Collingwood player he was and not the woefully inept and out of his depth coach he clearly is.

Yes Flash, and before our post-mortem comments get rudely deleted like last week, we better say this now.

I like many, was happy to see Buckley take the reins from that imbecile Malthouse. Providing his appointment was also performance-based.
Instead of him stressing through 2015 and making the hard calls, all we will see next season is more of the same as today.
Swan, Sidebottom, McCaffer and Blair slaughtering the ball has become a weekly comedy routine. I can't watch this skill-less rabble anymore.
We just haven't got players with any foot speed to break the lines, yet every other club in the competition does.
Worst team we have fielded since 2004, and getting worse.

Dyso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Flashman wrote:
As a player?

Um...yeah unless amazingly consistent elite ball winners with silky skills and superb disposal don't do much for you.

Certainly he was worlds ahead as a player than anyone disgracing our jumper at the moment.

Let me ask you just how many times did he use those skills to kick a score? or was he just racking up possies for himself much like a lot of the team does now.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:49 pm

1061 wrote:
Flashman wrote:
As a player?

Let me ask you just how many times did he use those skills to kick a score? or was he just racking up possies for himself much like a lot of the team does now.

280 games, 284 goals. Better than a goal a game is pretty good for a mid fielder, better than Michael Voss or Robert Harvey managed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36   

Jump to: