Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 5 - Last Blood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Norfland this morning to grab some jumpers, lots of people wearing masks.

Called into the local pharmacy on the way home, got my 4th Covid shot. That's now 2 AZ and 2 Moderna.

Zero ill effects Very Happy

Zero 5G superpowers Mad

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:47 pm

Had my 4th Pfizer last week and Flu shot a few weeks ago. Get’em now folks there’s lots of virus out there. Emergency Departments across a lot of Australia are bulging at the seams with COVID, Flu ….lots of bronchitis and pneumonia.

Get vaccinated folks

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:08 am

Yet everyone got vaccinated and now Covid is running more rampant than ever and killing more people than ever, those vaccines are really working...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:00 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Yet everyone got vaccinated and now Covid is running more rampant than ever and killing more people than ever, those vaccines are really working...

They are actually, imagine how many people would be on ventilation or dead, it’s cold and flu season, and with first responders getting sick the situation looks worse. People need to realise also their immunity is down due to isolation forthelast 2 years.

2 of my friends have had their babies , less than a year old, in the children’s overnight, one for 2 days with bronchitis, asthma, temperatures, myself I’m usually crook for a couple of days Max, this year a virus knocked me off my feet for nearly 6 weeks.

Smallpox and other nasties didn’t disappear over night, and that was before social media morons organising mass protests at the worst possible times.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:41 am

^

Yep, no one said the Vaccinations would stop you catching it, just make you a lot less likely to get seriously crook or die.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:07 pm

Why Vaccination is important.

Almost three quarters of the more than 2000 Victorians who have died this year after contracting coronavirus had not received their third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Only 3 per cent of those who died had been immunised with their fourth dose, while 37 per cent of deaths were among people who were not vaccinated at all, despite them representing less than four per cent of all Victorians aged over 12, data from the state’s health department shows.

Almost 70 percent, or 1514 coronavirus related deaths, from January 1 to June 28, were in Victorians aged over 80. The median age of those who died was 85.

The risk factor most likely to lead to death from COVID-19 is old age. In older people, the most severe symptoms from an Omicron infection are often not respiratory, instead it affects physical and cognitive function, causing delirium, for example, leading to an overall decline. Older people are also more likely to have comorbidities.

The ability of their immune systems to respond fully to vaccination is also diminished, which is why there have been prioritised for a winter booster, Murray said.

“The most challenging question really remains are they dying with COVID or from COVID?” Murray said. “They’re an older group, who are frail, and therefore it doesn’t take much to make their heart failure worse or their dementia worse when they get sick with coronavirus.”

https://www.theage.com.au/national/who-are-the-victorians-dying-from-coronavirus-this-year-20220630-p5ay3m.html

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:01 pm

Where's WPT when his beloved Dan Andrews puts his political career ahead of the safety of the people he supposedly serves.

So he accepts health advice when it suits him and rejects it when it doesn't.

What a low life.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:54 pm

Andrews, as did all the other state Premiers, used "health advice" as the justification. It was, is and always has been about politics.

Zero chance Dan will reintroduce restrictions in an election year. People would be less likely to mind wearing masks in some sensible settings if they hadn't been forced to wear them outside hundreds of metres from any other human.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:08 pm

I do like this new health minister who at least admits the health advice is the complete opposite to what they’re doing, unlike the previous 2.5 years and every press conference by her boss.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:30 pm

Good article albeit opinion piece.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/why-the-victorian-government-won-t-go-harder-on-covid-restrictions-20220712-p5b0zz.html

Some extracts.

Quote:
Nine months ago, when Daniel Andrews told Victorians “we’re not locking people down any more”, most Victorians took it with a grain of salt.

Following seemingly endless COVID-19 restrictions and constant uncertainty, it was hard to imagine the state government, which long-prided itself on a strict adherence to health advice, would ever reject rules recommended by experts.

Victorian government rejected CHO health advice, instead settles for ‘strongly recommending’ masks

New health advice calling for mask mandates to be re-introduced have been ignored by the Victorian government.

However, less than a year later, that’s exactly what the government has done.

Quote:
Undoubtedly, reintroducing restrictions 19 weeks from polling day would also have electoral ramifications, particularly in outer suburban areas where Labor could find itself in strife.

Internally, Labor MPs believe the government can ignore calls from what it sees as a small section of the community to reintroduce rules because the opposition isn't offering an alternative

Quote:
There is a very real risk that the latest wave, which is causing Victoria’s COVID hospital admissions to surge, will exacerbate the problems plaguing the state’s healthcare system, but that is also a risk Labor is willing to take.

Ministers insist that while the shambolic state of Victoria’s hospital system exposes the government to considerable risks, it’s a fight it is willing to take on given health has traditionally been safe ground for Labor. They will argue that under the Coalition’s approach, case numbers would have been higher and conditions worse.

FWIW, my employer decided today to reintroduce working from home where possible and masks required if you attend the office. face to face client visits to continue but staff to wear PPE.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Almost three quarters of the more than 2000 Victorians who have died this year after contracting coronavirus had not received their third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Only 3 per cent of those who died had been immunised with their fourth dose, while 37 per cent of deaths were among people who were not vaccinated at all, despite them representing less than four per cent of all Victorians aged over 12, data from the state’s health department shows.

Almost 70 percent, or 1514 coronavirus related deaths, from January 1 to June 28, were in Victorians aged over 80. The median age of those who died was 85.

The risk factor most likely to lead to death from COVID-19 is old age. In older people, the most severe symptoms from an Omicron infection are often not respiratory, instead it affects physical and cognitive function, causing delirium, for example, leading to an overall decline. Older people are also more likely to have comorbidities.

The ability of their immune systems to respond fully to vaccination is also diminished, which is why there have been prioritised for a winter booster, Murray said.

“The most challenging question really remains are they dying with COVID or from COVID?” Murray said. “They’re an older group, who are frail, and therefore it doesn’t take much to make their heart failure worse or their dementia worse when they get sick with coronavirus.”

https://www.theage.com.au/national/who-are-the-victorians-dying-from-coronavirus-this-year-20220630-p5ay3m.html

Current vaccines are pretty much ineffective against BA.4/5. The fourth jab will only be effective in October once the new bivalent vaccine is released..in time for the Northern hemisphere winter period.

You pretty much got jabbed by a placebo.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Current vaccines are pretty much ineffective against BA.4/5. The fourth jab will only be effective in October once the new bivalent vaccine is released..in time for the Northern hemisphere winter period.

You pretty much got jabbed by a placebo.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:39 pm

Placebo, bullshit.

Might not be as effective but it still provides protection.

I still haven't had Covid (as far as I know) and I haven't exactly been careful so something's working.

considering that the average age of people who die with Covid is 85, it would be nice to see a government do something to help protect that cohort a bit more. The majority who get mild cold symptoms at worse don't need protecting and won't cop restrictions, but surely something more could be done for the most vulnerable.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:01 am

My wife felt unwell on Thursday so I couldn't go to work she tested positive on Friday, my son and i both felt unwell yesterday and have now confirmed we all have Covid.
So as we are all in the same business (our own) no income coming in for not sure how long. As we mainly work in hospitals and nursing homes I'm guessing we won't be allowed in for 2 weeks.
Hopefully some of the other work places might let us in.
Feeling very crappy at the moment.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:04 am

Sorry to hear, Ken. I can sympathise – I tested positive again yesterday, too!

It's a pity the government got rid of JobKeeper. They really should have some system for ensuring that small-business owners and sole traders can be compensated for lost wages. Even putting questions of fairness to one side, you need people to have an incentive not to turn up to work sick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 33 of 62   

Jump to: