Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The great Travis Cloke debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a coach is obliged to put the best 22 on the park, and no player should feel like they're guaranteed a spot by virtue of their name, but this somehow just feels like an exercise in public humiliation now. It really doesn't sit well.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:30 am

David wrote:
I know a coach is obliged to put the best 22 on the park, and no player should feel like they're guaranteed a spot by virtue of their name, but this somehow just feels like an exercise in public humiliation now. It really doesn't sit well.

Interesting. My first reaction was that this is the action of a bully manager.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:06 pm

As expected, wasn't a football decision, or even a football department decision.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:20 pm

mattys123 wrote:
As expected, wasn't a football decision, or even a football department decision.

huh? did I miss something?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:37 pm

David wrote:

Pleeeaaassse! FFS, here is a guy who was dropped for poor form, went back to the VFL and played mostly ordinary football, was then brought back into the team when no-one else was available, but played very ordinary footy again, kicking one lousy point. If we want to win on monday, we needed to drop him, as we showed against the Lions, Cats and Dogs, that we are a much better team without Cloke. Whether it's his head, his back, his legs, or just wear and tear, he has all the hallmarks of a spent force. Get over it David. He's been dropped. It happens.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
David wrote:

Pleeeaaassse! FFS, here is a guy who was dropped for poor form, went back to the VFL and played mostly ordinary football, was then brought back into the team when no-one else was available, but played very ordinary footy again, kicking one lousy point. If we want to win on monday, we needed to drop him, as we showed against the Lions, Cats and Dogs, that we are a much better team without Cloke. Whether it's his head, his back, his legs, or just wear and tear, he has all the hallmarks of a spent force. Get over it David. He's been dropped. It happens.

Hammer... nail... head!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:53 pm

he only kicked 1 point yes, but how much time was he played in the 50 metre arc? you expect him to kick them from the centre? he was far from our worst player, bit harsh, and rather telling, im not much for conspiracy theories but something aint right
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:01 pm

think positive wrote:
he only kicked 1 point yes, but how much time was he played in the 50 metre arc? you expect him to kick them from the centre? he was far from our worst player, bit harsh, and rather telling, im not much for conspiracy theories but something aint right

FWIW, have you ever thought of changing your nick to a more currently appropriate name TP?? Idea Exclamation

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:21 pm

think positive wrote:

I'm 1 of his staunchest supporters but even I thought he had better games against the Saints and the Dees than he did against the Power, and he was dropped on the back of those. I think the club genuinely are looking to re-kindle his passion for the game. I've said elsewhere that his issues are predominantly between the ears so a substantial block of VFL footy could well be the panacea to some of his issues. It's not a knock on Cloke.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:25 pm

mattys123 wrote:

Are you referring to directions from city hall due to his baseball batting issues?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:14 pm

It's the right decision, but what I am hating the way players are leaving under Buckley.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:22 pm

think positive wrote:

I thought Oxley was our worst player and he's been dropped. Also, for team balance, if Witts was to get a game, then one of our other talls needed to be dropped. Of our talls - Cloke, Grundy, White, Cox and Reid - I reckon Cloke was our worst performer. It's a tough gig being on the selection committee, but on this occasion I reckon they've got it right.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:39 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
It's the right decision, but what I am hating the way players are leaving under Buckley.

Has Cloke left the club?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:19 pm

jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Has Cloke left the club?

yes he has.
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:22 pm

This was the "changes" that Buckley referred to. Low hanging fruit and a soft target?

Cloke's game wasn't that bad.
Did Cloke leak 7 goals from the goal square? No.
Did Cloke repeatedly give the ball up to a player on a worse position? No.
Did Cloke lay 2 tackles or less for the game? no (he laid 4, and was equal 6th for marks).

The players below all laid 2 tackles or less. Even worse when you consider that apart from Cox (due to his height), you'd expect all of these players to have harassed their opponent even more considering Port had the ball on a string. When Buckley craps on about "work rate" maybe these guys need a kick in the arse, and he needs to start looking in the mirror:

Matthew Goodyear
Alan Toovey
Adam Oxley
Jesse White
Travis Varcoe
Ben Sinclair
Jeremy Howe
Brayden Maynard
Ben Reid
Jack Frost
Mason Cox
Brodie Grundy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 35 of 52   

Jump to: