Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is our 4 in-a-row under threat from the Hawks? (NOPE!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The way the Bulldogs are celebrating their 'win for the ages' over the Eagles you can see why they have won one flag in 90 odd years. I mean seriously. If they can survive their celebrations and the Hawks unsociable worst then they are a chance.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Cam wrote:
The way the Bulldogs are celebrating their 'win for the ages' over the Eagles you can see why they have won one flag in 90 odd years. I mean seriously. If they can survive their celebrations and the Hawks unsociable worst then they are a chance.

+1
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:11 pm

Hawks will smash the Dogs - Dogs have overachieved now.
Hawks will smack the GWS who will be overawed by the sudden death nature of the PF.
Hawks will then meet the winner of the tough PF.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:32 pm

They'll have to beat Bulldogs, GWS up there and then one of Cats/Swans/Crows in the big one.

They wont be able to do it.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:34 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Hawks will smack the GWS who will be overawed by the sudden death nature of the PF.

Whatsy, are you suddenly Stephen f*cking King now?! Shocked
Do you get off on writing horror stories to frighten the children? Wink

58pie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Picked all the winners 1st week and I am predicting Doggies will beat the hawks with the help of "The Machine" the great Magpie team of the 30's from their graves. See you later hawks and bye buddy & co. If the Dogs didn't play the best football of 16 , they were pretty damn close. (we beat them in the nab cup at Etihad pre-season but they were missing some). No one will surpass those 1930's Magpie Champions. ps I am reading " The Machine" the inside story of those great Magpies , Colliers and the greatest coach of all time Jock McHale (through a depression and all). Go Pies in 2017

Last edited by 58pie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:09 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

To me the Hawks look like an old fighter that's agreed to one fight too many. The up and coming champ sitting ringside just watching and waiting is GWS. GWS aren't just the future. They are here and now. I have seen a bit of them recently and if you think that playing GWS in Sydney will not be tough I think that you are badly mistaken. They are nowhere near their ceiling but have A graders on every line but that doesn't seem to be appreciated yet. They are fast, highly skilled and hard. I can't see GWS being beaten in Sydney, although the MRP may have some say in that.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:16 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

To me the Hawks look like an old fighter that's agreed to one fight too many. The up and coming champ sitting ringside just watching and waiting is GWS. GWS aren't just the future. They are here and now. I have seen a bit of them recently and if you think that playing GWS in Sydney will not be tough I think that you are badly mistaken. They are nowhere near their ceiling but have A graders on every line but that doesn't seem to be appreciated yet. They are fast, highly skilled and hard. I can't see GWS being beaten in Sydney, although the MRP may have some say in that.

And if they get through the PF, you wouldn't discount them on the wide open spaces of the G either.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:56 pm

jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

And if they get through the PF, you wouldn't discount them on the wide open spaces of the G either.

I agree with you. They are my clear flag favourite. I only limited my comment to playing in Sydney as that is what Hawthorn has to overcome to make the GF.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Cam wrote:
Stevie J will get three down to two, just so the Hawks won't face him. If it was Hodge it would be thrown out.

Steve Johnson has been banned for two weeks but can reduce that to one match with an early guilty plea. If he contests the charge and fails a two-match ban would rub him out for the Grand Final, if GWS makes it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/steve-johnson-suspended-for-high-bump-on-josh-kennedy/news-story/643b67c740a5f2266131042c229945ff

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:24 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Cam wrote:
Stevie J will get three down to two, just so the Hawks won't face him. If it was Hodge it would be thrown out.

Steve Johnson has been banned for two weeks but can reduce that to one match with an early guilty plea. If he contests the charge and fails a two-match ban would rub him out for the Grand Final, if GWS makes it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/steve-johnson-suspended-for-high-bump-on-josh-kennedy/news-story/643b67c740a5f2266131042c229945ff

It will be 100% certain he will not contest that and put his gf place at risk

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:27 pm

And to no ones surprise, all the Hawthorn hits were deemed not forceful enough to warrant any action...

But the Cats bloke got a fine due to Rioli's dive
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:30 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
And to no ones surprise, all the Hawthorn hits were deemed not forceful enough to warrant any action...

But the Cats bloke got a fine due to Rioli's dive

How frigging true.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:37 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Cam wrote:

Must be less a week coz of finals :/

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 pm

jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

I actually think the young dogs will kick their arses, but if they do scrape home, the Giants are waiting, young swift and very, very good, on every line, they will put the old bastards to the sword, make no mistake. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 38 of 43   

Jump to: