Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

KM you guys lose all credibility when you fail to even be the slightest bit encouraged by a performance like yesterday
I posted earlier I'm still not convinced that Bucks is the right guy to coach going forward but if performances like yesterday become the level we play at week in week out then obviously he is well worth going forward with.
You can't say that injury hasn't played any part in our season that's just a ridiculous assumption. While it's not the only reason it is a real factor.
Also cohesion has been a huge issue along with experience and form of several key players
Pendles was obviously playing hurt the first 4-6 weeks but having him out there was a better option than the next player in line. Playing him at HBF seemed logical early on given our injuries adding some skill and calmness but it didn't work.
Also I'm not convinced we have abandoned the zone completely. You state we have and you know but I've watched the games the past few weeks multiple times and we still play a zone but have shifted it more to cover the corridor than just space like previously. When you say Ive been saying this for weeks and now look at how good we are going proves nothing. I'm sure many people have spoken against the zone or the version we played of it but unlike you they aren't claiming that as a victory against Buckely and using that as a catalyst for him to still be sacked.
Do you think Buckely came on here read your comments made the changes you suggested ?
Personally I think we've actually made some adjustments to it and also having a more stable side with experience out there has made things look better.
I know you'll dismiss this like all other comments that don't agree with your relentless sack the coach theroy but you can't expect to go around making unqualified statements about things you have no idea about.
You have an opinion and your entitled to it but it doesn't mean it's right mate.
A bit of credit where it's due hey yesterday we played well and the coach must be part of that. You can't say when we lose its all his fault then say he has no influence when we win it's illogical.
Whether he stays or goes as coach is still to be determined and either way I'll support Bucks or whoever is coach because that's what supporters do.
I liked what I saw yesterday and unlike some including you I hope we continue to show that level and improve upon it
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:39 pm

You know I'd be amazed if we went on to play finals this year.

I wouldn't be amazed to see those that have been stating that the season has been an abomination, complain that they couldn't get finals tickets. Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Hang on a second, I thought it was all about injuries and drug scandals and Derek Hines recruiting Yadda Yadda Yadda???? And it had nothing to do with gameplan or structures as it was just players giving more effort???

Are you telling me it took the coach from November 2015 (right through pre season) and the first 7 to 10 rounds for the penny to drop that his gameplan and his structures were woeful? I don't know about you but I'd much rather a coach that can get it right for more than half a season. Remember, the last two years fade outs in second half of the year. For three years he's been incapable of producing results for the majority of the 22 game season.

This argument doesn't hold water for me for a couple of reasons. The first is the conceit that you, a random internet poster, can discern problems and fixes for the 'gameplan and structures' far more readily than the entire coaching staff at a professional AFL club.

The second problem is the idea that a team drilled in one gameplan and set of structures over (at the very least) an entire pre-season can adopt an entirely new gameplan and set of structures in the space of one week.

It seems far more likely that the return of key players, and the relative settling of the side over recent weeks, has combined to help the team implement the plans that have already been drummed into them.

Exactly, the very idea that it's the same gameplan better implemented due to the return of injured players and return to form of a few senior players just doesn't accord with his views so just denies what is the more obvious explanation.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
THE Bucks haters can now spend the rest of the week wiping all the scrambled eggs off their sorry mooshes. ! LOL Krak magic, hope you have a massive sponge too remove all the egg off your face, in particular.

Finally, a week all the Bucks doubters can now STFU. thank the Lord.!

A whole week... (golf clap).

Haha am I allowed to mention the concrete boots GWS were running around in after 1/4 time... They couldn't possibly be in a high training load preparing for finals could they?? I wouldn't dare want to take away from the great win that it was, and I hate to be the negative nelly, but if you were gonna do a hard training phase prior to finals it would be while you've got bye, pies, lions and power... Just saying

Yeah, that'd be it. Couldn't possibly be anything positive about the pies.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
That ridiculous zone defence has gone, which cost us at least 4 wins this year and plenty last year, sack this $£$%^%%$ clown ASAP before he thinks of another stratagy for next year.

Zone defense still there, just better implemented.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
THE Bucks haters can now spend the rest of the week wiping all the scrambled eggs off their sorry mooshes. ! LOL Krak magic, hope you have a massive sponge too remove all the egg off your face, in particular.

Haha am I allowed to mention the concrete boots GWS were running around in after 1/4 time... They couldn't possibly be in a high training load preparing for finals could they?? I wouldn't dare want to take away from the great win that it was, and I hate to be the negative nelly, but if you were gonna do a hard training phase prior to finals it would be while you've got bye, pies, lions and power... Just saying

You don't want to take away from the win but immediately you do it anyway ? And, you are glad that the team are finally winning but if they had taken your advice earlier they would have started winning earlier.I really enjoy reading your comments because you are probably the funniest poster on this board. What makes it even funnier is that you do not even realise it.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Zone hasn't changed much at all. What has changed is the willingness and/or capacity of the players to run to the right positions.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:17 pm

jackcass wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Hang on a second, I thought it was all about injuries and drug scandals and Derek Hines recruiting Yadda Yadda Yadda???? And it had nothing to do with gameplan or structures as it was just players giving more effort???

Are you telling me it took the coach from November 2015 (right through pre season) and the first 7 to 10 rounds for the penny to drop that his gameplan and his structures were woeful? I don't know about you but I'd much rather a coach that can get it right for more than half a season. Remember, the last two years fade outs in second half of the year. For three years he's been incapable of producing results for the majority of the 22 game season.

This argument doesn't hold water for me for a couple of reasons. The first is the conceit that you, a random internet poster, can discern problems and fixes for the 'gameplan and structures' far more readily than the entire coaching staff at a professional AFL club.

The second problem is the idea that a team drilled in one gameplan and set of structures over (at the very least) an entire pre-season can adopt an entirely new gameplan and set of structures in the space of one week.

It seems far more likely that the return of key players, and the relative settling of the side over recent weeks, has combined to help the team implement the plans that have already been drummed into them.

Exactly, the very idea that it's the same gameplan better implemented due to the return of injured players and return to form of a few senior players just doesn't accord with his views so just denies what is the more obvious explanation.

It's not the same gameplan. Go check the tape. The structures and set ups are drastically different. Do not take my word for it though. Go check the tape and compare our set ups from rounds 1-7 and to now. We actually man up at stoppages. It's amazing. Who knew such simple things could make a difference. The question you need to ask yourself is why the hell weren't we using the same style from round 1, and why wasn't it drilled into the playing group over the preseason? They came into the year with a terrible gameplan. Pure and simple. The coaches got it wrong, and certain wins vs blues, demons and saints became losses
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

It's not the same gameplan. Go check the tape. The structures and set ups are drastically different. Do not take my word for it though. Go check the tape and compare our set ups from rounds 1-7 and to now. We actually man up at stoppages. It's amazing. Who knew such simple things could make a difference. The question you need to ask yourself is why the hell weren't we using the same style from round 1, and why wasn't it drilled into the playing group over the preseason? They came into the year with a terrible gameplan. Pure and simple. The coaches got it wrong, and certain wins vs blues, demons and saints became losses

The gameplan looked pretty good in the NAB cup games. Confused
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:23 pm

jackcass wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yeah, that'd be it. Couldn't possibly be anything positive about the pies.

Haha I'm saying we played well, and the coaches did their job well. GWS got their high training loads going on at the moment. We don't. And if you don't think every top 8 side is not doing more work to prepare for September your kidding yourself. If you saw how stuffed GWS players were after the game (when they have run almost every other team ragged) then you'd realise, while we were great, the opposition may well be thinking about September.

Again, great performance on Saturday. It's the type of effort and structure I expected to see from round 1
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:31 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

The gameplan looked pretty good in the NAB cup games. Confused

Oh this is priceless. Actually, didn't we just win one qtr each game and leak goals the rest of the time? And all the wizard cups, Ansett cups and nap cups meant teams were premiership certs for so many pre season winning clubs yeah?? Good lord. Lets just have mediocrity reign supreme at Colingwood
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:35 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

You don't want to take away from the win but immediately you do it anyway ? And, you are glad that the team are finally winning but if they had taken your advice earlier they would have started winning earlier.I really enjoy reading your comments because you are probably the funniest poster on this board. What makes it even funnier is that you do not even realise it.

Why thank you. I do try my best. I'll try my best to be as funny as our gameplan and structure from rounds 1 to 7 haha
courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Why thank you. I do try my best. I'll try my best to be as funny as our gameplan and structure from rounds 1 to 7 haha

How much time do you spend analyzing each game Krak?

Is it just you or do you have a team of blokes to help with your assessments?
SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

I know it's amazing that any lay person with half a brain could review the tape after each game and look at structures and game style and analyse the basic errors our coaching staff were making.

What was some of the solutions? Go man on man more. Go back to more of a 2010 style I said. Stop handpassing so much. Become defensively accountable at stoppages. Get more numbers at the stoppage, especially inside fwd 50.

I could see it clear as day. Took Natho and his merry men (and a fair kick up the Jacksie from Eddie) 7 rounds to start implementing the things I said. The game plan and structure from round 1-7 is chalk and cheese. Go back look at the tape. It's unfathomable how off the boil our gameplan was in comparison to the rest of the competition.

You clearly, honestly, believe that you have more insight into how to run a football side than the combined coaching staff of the Collingwood football club.

I remain unconvinced.

To me your reasoning seems to work like this; when we lose it's because Buckley is incompetent, when we win it's because Buckley has been copying from your homework.

It's not about wins and losses per se. If we play well, the structures are good, and we lose then I'll admit the other side was just better on the day. Good effort all around. Like the Bulldogs game. Clearly bucks coached well that game.

Many times in the Malthouse era I'd praise the game plan and effort after a loss.

But what was dishes up in the first 7 rounds was an abomination. The structure and game plan was a mess. Players were confused. FFS after round 3 the coach publicly said "the defensive structures have collapsed". It should never have got that low before the head coach reigned it in. It's not acceptable.

We beat Melb once and stk with the gameplan we have now, which closely resembles much of my suggestions and rectifies many of the failings of the rounds 1-7 gameplan and we are 9-7 and in the Top 8 tonight. We beat Carlton twice and we are 10-6 and in the top 4 hunt.

The first 1/3 of the season was a disgrace and has cost us a finals berth. And it was the coaches game plan in that period that was the key reason for our failings vs stk, Melb and Carlton.

Seeing that you joined in April 2011 I guess you would not have had all that many opportunities to express your praise of the Malthouse game plan after a loss - at least in this forum. So I guesss the rest of us will just have to take your word for it - that you actually expressed this sentiment. Or are you perhaps referring to Malthouse's sojourn at the Filth. For some reason I'm less than impressed.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:39 pm

Ho hum, here we go again.

Bucks will win us multiple flags. He is rebuilding the team in his image. It will be historic.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 38 of 110   

Jump to: