Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#38 Jeremy Howe

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about this one......he is no guarantee to make it through 2023...why wouldn’t the club wait till the end of the year? Not like he is going anywhere

Last edited by derkd on Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:22 pm

Obviously his Manager pushed the club and we blinked. Love Jeremy but he should be on a year to year deal.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:31 pm

Chances are he was going to play next year regardless of what happens this year. He’s still playing very good footy, yeah?

So what’s probably happened is they’ve pushed some of his next year salary into this year, and freed up some more coin for next year.

Who’s to say he isn’t playing on $150k next year?

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:16 pm

The Mason Cox Show - guest Jeremy Howe

From the Highest Heights to his Toughest Break 🏈
"Jeremy Howe, A formidable AFL player, revered for his breathtaking aerial prowess and unparalleled athleticism. Despite enduring a recent setback with a broken arm, he sustained early in the 2023 season, this Collingwood Magpies sensation epitomizes resilience and determination. His gravity-defying marks and defensive versatility have won over fans' hearts." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0v5MvHB37o

@ 21:40 - We make more mistakes than any other team in the comp, but noone cares. We play this chaotic manner of footy...Bruzzy turns the ball over and he laughs about it...

@ 23:40 Our experienced players are playing well but our kids are playing super well...now I'm an observer, so I get to sit on the other side and watch. I've never been more jealous of playing in my whole life, ever! Watching guys have fun, do their thing...

@ 27:01 Rehab is hotter than a pre-season, it's torture...your numbers are better than what you produced in the entire pre-season. Lipper is punching out numbers that have never been seen before - and I've gotta run with him!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:18 pm

Club announces an expected return between rounds 15 - 17 ( 4 month rehab )
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:00 pm

Collingwood defender Jeremy Howe cleared to make inspiring return
https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwood-defender-jeremy-howe-on-the-verge-of-inspiring-return-afl-138869/

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:45 pm

Fly has said he will play this weekend!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:37 am
Post subject: Howe about that: Magpie completes miracle comebackReply with quote

Still amazed Howey returned after that horrific injury.
The determination and commitment to his recovery program, then to run out in round 15, is right up there with great Collingwood feats I've witnessed.
I've run out of superlatives to describe his endeavour in committing to the program to underpin his return.
Surely that's a chapter on its own in the 2023 Collingwood annuls.
Bloody hell, I struggle to commit to a daily walking program and a few gym sessions a week.

~

THE END of March and the start of April was an awful time for Jeremy Howe.

Stuck in a hospital bed for a fortnight while recovering from a nasty infection that siphoned the life out of him, the Collingwood veteran looked like a vampire. The prospect of playing a role in September didn't feel realistic back then. But now it does...

Source :
https://www.afl.com.au/news/957379/howe-about-that-magpie-completes-miracle-comeback-from-horror-injury

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:31 pm

‘The bone came out there:’ Howe opens up on two ‘car-crash’ injuries

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-bone-came-out-there-howe-opens-up-on-two-car-crash-injuries-20230903-p5e1ni.html

'Howe’s aerial collision with Geelong’s Tyson Stengle, or at least the aftermath, was so gruesome that the broadcaster chose not to replay it, and the pain was horrific. He suffered six breaks in his left arm, including two in his elbow, and the scar after four surgeries is almost the length of his heavily tattooed forearm.

“The bone came out there,” Howe said, pointing a couple of inches from the main scar.

There are metal plates in the 33-year-old’s arm, and he received special permission from the AFL to wear a compression sleeve during games for extra protection. An infectious disease doctor recently gave Howe’s arm the all-clear, so he plans to leave the plates in until at least the end of his playing days.

“My two main injuries both got referred to as car crashes,” he said. “When I got smacked in the femur; I snapped my PCL and MCL, and tore all the ligaments out of my knee. So again – that’s not like a standard ACL. That gave me issues for 18 months ... and I ended up having four surgeries to get it all fixed.”

The strength and function in Howe’s arm has returned to normal, but it could take up to 12 months to regain full feeling in his fingertips.'
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:30 pm

Jeremy Howe played with three broken ribs in the grand final.
A big bump from Brisbane Lions star Charlie Cameron left Howe on the MCG turf early in the final quarter of the Magpies' epic four-point victory, which secured their 16th premiership.

Howe had to leave the ground after the clash, but returned to play out the game in obvious discomfort.

Revealed: The gruesome injury that Collingwood hero Jeremy Howe defied to help Pies win the AFL grand final

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/article-12578505/AFL-grand-final-Jeremy-Howe-defies-gruesome-injury-help-Collingwood-beat-Brisbane.html

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:33 pm

Howie has been simply heroic from the time of his fractured arm to the final siren yesterday. Incredible resilience and a premiership medal that brought tears to my eyes.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:43 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Howie has been simply heroic from the time of his fractured arm to the final siren yesterday. Incredible resilience and a premiership medal that brought tears to my eyes.

I can't imagine having your season ruined thanks to a little Geelong germ, and have the steel of mind to not only recover, but take the amounts of hits he has since his return from that.
Sitting in that hospital ward day after Geelong game, GF day must have seemed so, so improbable.

And now we hear broken ribs to keep him company during October?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:07 pm

Very satisfying seeing Howie become a Premiership player after narrowly missing out in 2018.

After his opening season injury against Geelong, he must have wondered if that was the end. To comeback and be a meaningful contributor in the second half of the season deserves to be acknowledged.

He also had the courage to play through three broken ribs after Cameron's hit.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:37 pm

^ Imagine the noise if Howe had done that to Cameron. It was just a little bit like a criminal assault.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Imagine the noise if Howe had done that to Cameron. It was just a little bit like a criminal assault.

Yes, indeed.

Thankfully, Howe had the last laugh...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41   

Jump to: