Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rex - forgot to Duck!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miz 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David from Canberra wrote:
Eunos wrote:
Quote:
but he is as much a racist as you are Eunos

I would expect this comment to be withdrawn/edited.

for gods sake Eunos stop trying to find a reason to be offended... if you had read my post in context you would have realised that I was saying that Rex Hunt is no more a racist than anyone else, or you for that matter.

3rd degree wrote:
David from Canberra wrote:
oh for God's sake the whole Davis thing was stupid, and Leon should have known better than to make such a big deal about it.

So easy for you to say that but you aint in his shoes. White Australia hates feeling guilt and we love to hide from our past wrong doings when we trip over ourselves again in the modern day we have a throng of pathetic right wing apologists. David do you have any mates who are aboriginal??

not many aboriginal guys go to my school but I'm friendly with the ones I know. I hate real racism as much as anyone (a girl I'm pretty good friends with, who is muslim, has been spat at and abused)..... but it pisses me off when people like Hunt, who is not the least bit racist as far as I can see, is labelled as a racist for a slip of the tongue. The question is, am I an apologist, or are some of you guys too eager to condemn?

Just one point David on your muslim friend is that spitting at a muslim while pathetic is not necessarily a form of racism at all, Islam is not a race.
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:57 am

EddieGold wrote:
Canberra – the problem is due to current Australian government right wing policies of not looking after the needy or spending enough on education or on the police force...

I wish I could feel surprise, or shock, or ... something. But to be honest, it's what I've come to expect from the left: pay the perpetrator, and murder the victim all over again.
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:13 pm

Miz wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
Canberra – the problem is due to current Australian government right wing policies of not looking after the needy or spending enough on education or on the police force, an incident like what happened in Byron Bay becomes a consequence. In fact the decline of the youth and the family in Australia can be put right at the door of John Howard and his cronies.

Sometimes you read something on the forum that is so naive that you are forced to respond... education, police geez throw in health too if you like are all services and services my friend are ran by state governments.

Since the year 2000 the states have had more money at their disposal via the GST than at any time in their history but they have failed to make any inroads into these key areas, why is that?

There are plenty of things you could say about the federal government but if you are going to have a crack at them atleast get your facts right pal.

speaking of naive......pal

Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:14 pm

Miz wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
Canberra – the problem is due to current Australian government right wing policies of not looking after the needy or spending enough on education or on the police force, an incident like what happened in Byron Bay becomes a consequence. In fact the decline of the youth and the family in Australia can be put right at the door of John Howard and his cronies.

Sometimes you read something on the forum that is so naive that you are forced to respond... education, police geez throw in health too if you like are all services and services my friend are ran by state governments.

Since the year 2000 the states have had more money at their disposal via the GST than at any time in their history but they have failed to make any inroads into these key areas, why is that?

There are plenty of things you could say about the federal government but if you are going to have a crack at them atleast get your facts right pal.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:16 pm

Nutmeg wrote:
[quote="Miz"][quote="EddieGold"]Canberra – the problem is due to current Australian government right wing policies of not looking after the needy or spending enough on education or on the police force, an incident like what happened in Byron Bay becomes a consequence. In fact the decline of the youth and the family in Australia can be put right at the door of John Howard and his cronies.[/quote]

There are plenty of things you could say about the federal government but if you are going to have a crack at them atleast get your facts right pal.[/quote]

speaking of naive......[i]pal[/i]
Not many people express themselves that way. In the context of [quote] speaking of naive, I don't understand "[i]pal[i]. "
Miz 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:47 pm

Nutmeg wrote:
Miz wrote:
EddieGold wrote:

Very solid argument Nutmeg..
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:20 pm

WHOOSH
*watches point go straight over Miz's head* Rolling Eyes

Miz 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:45 pm

Nutmeg wrote:
WHOOSH
*watches point go straight over Miz's head* Rolling Eyes

Nutmeg,
when the debate gets tough you could always resort to semantics like your friends earlier rather than rollover faster than a two-bob hooker.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:21 pm

maybe this could be taken to pm.... lol
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:56 pm

Miz wrote:
EddieGold wrote:

Miz – wrong again. The State governments are just fudal warlords from a by gone error. It is the Federal government that sets the agenda for issues such as education and police. The States just follow through on that general policy. It is the Federal government that watered down the quality of schooling in Australia and stopped all formal discipline for children with their incompetent policy direction. So you get your facts correct (impossible). And if I remember in our State it was one Jeffrey Nazi Sadist Kennett who destroyed al services. So it is still you Fascist who have run this country to the backwater hopeless entertainment park that it is today.

Miz – you are like Brett Lee bowling. You are all over the place but never on the mark. When you pitch them up, they go for runs and when you drop them short you go for runs.

Pal Wink
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:24 pm

EddieGold wrote:
So you get your facts correct (impossible). And if I remember in our State it was one Jeffrey Nazi Sadist Kennett who destroyed al services. So it is still you Fascist who have run this country to the backwater hopeless entertainment park that it is today.

Miz – you are like Brett Lee bowling. You are all over the place but never on the mark. When you pitch them up, they go for runs and when you drop them short you go for runs.

Wow, that post has it all - inaccuracies, sporting metaphors, "Nazi"-and-"Fascist"-throwing, personal abuse...

This is how a thread degenerates...
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:47 pm

Miz wrote:
Nutmeg wrote:
WHOOSH
*watches point go straight over Miz's head* :roll:

Nutmeg,
when the debate gets tough you could always resort to semantics like your friends earlier rather than rollover faster than a two-bob hooker.

as a linguistics major, I'm just wondering what part of semantics you want me to resort to??

Eunos 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:20 pm

Back on topic.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17132571%255E2862,00.html
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/byron-man-rejects-hunt-fight-claims/2005/11/03/1130823347144.html

Looks like there is more to the story than Hunt would have his fan base believe.
Appears now there were 4, not 15, youths involved.
Appears now that Hunts son started it. Even threw the first punch.
The nut doesn't fall far from the tree does it?
Why hasn't the mouth lodged a complaint with Police? Could it be the version of events he is pedalling is just a big fat lie?
JJJ also reported this morning that Hunt had held a youth up against a pole and said "I pay taxes so you can eat".

Looks like a few people here may have to reassess their opinions of this man, a liar, a racist. What next Rex?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:25 pm

We can only comment on what was reported.... must say doesn't surprise me one bit, Hunt is the kind of guy I guess who would say something like that... still doesn't make him a racist though.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:43 pm

No, his comment "Black as a dogs guts" does that David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: