Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

You still owe us Taz

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Walls (not really) wrote:
It's no secret that Buckley and Tarrant don't see eye to eye.

Yeah and you with your inside information know this for sure! Rolling Eyes
Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:03 pm

spoljar wrote:

Buckley, and his parents divorce were the reasons Tarrant went back to Mildura the first time. Buckley used to ride players, he thought that was the way to captain when he got the job. Eddie had to go and fetch Tazz and promise him in any dealings with Buckley, Maguire would work as a middle man for Tazz. You only have to see their body language to realise nothing has changed. Wink
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:54 am

{yawn....scratch scratch scratch....look around the room...hmmm, 26 degrees outside on a beautiful sunday and i wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this topic....hehehe}
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:10 am

Hate to say I told you so but...

"That he couldn't nail it was deflating. That he didn't man up at 30min50sec when Bassett got the ball, or at 31:13 when Johncock got the ball and at 31:36 when Johncock got it again, was even more so.

In two minutes Tarrant had the chance to make a defiant statement.

He didn't.

The goal was difficult. Allowing his man three times to mark the ball in the dying minutes was infuriating.

Much like his off-field antics, you can forgive him once, maybe twice, but a third time? It's more than a coincidence."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20040620%255E19763,00.html

Last edited by Cathalyst on Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:14 am

who the hell is Make Robinson.... Laughing
He's wrong in at least one thing... we only beat Port at footy park in the 2002 finals.... there was no legendary win over in Adelaide in the 2003 finals series.

Last edited by David on Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:14 am

spoljar wrote:

Buckley, and his parents divorce were the reasons Tarrant went back to Mildura the first time. Buckley used to ride players, he thought that was the way to captain when he got the job. Eddie had to go and fetch Tazz and promise him in any dealings with Buckley, Maguire would work as a middle man for Tazz. You only have to see their body language to realise nothing has changed. Wink

What a load of dribble

jlc

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am

A bit of a reality check please. Every single football team (or workplace anywhere) has some people who dislike each other. That's human nature - we are individuals after all. So what. I don't care if Taz dislikes Bucks, or they all dislike MM. All I care about is that on match day they play together as a team. So let's stop carrying on like a bunch of shool yard bitches and forget about who likes who as it's totally boring.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am

JLC wrote:
[quote="Robert Walls (not really)"][quote="spoljar"][quote="Robert Walls (not really)"]It's no secret that Buckley and Tarrant don't see eye to eye.[/quote]

Yeah and you with your inside information know this for sure! Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Buckley, and his parents divorce were the reasons Tarrant went back to Mildura the first time. Buckley used to ride players, he thought that was the way to captain when he got the job. Eddie had to go and fetch Tazz and promise him in any dealings with Buckley, Maguire would work as a middle man for Tazz. You only have to see their body language to realise nothing has changed. Wink[/quote]

What a load of dribble

jlc
Does "it" still refer to sportsman on the planet can sprint time and time without a rest? Do you prefer books or TV? My brain uses AIML to format responses to your inputs, but I don't have one for that. By the way, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:38 am

David from Canberra wrote:
who the hell is Make Robinson

Dont waste your time on him, the facts in those final moments are checkable and confirm what I've been saying about Tarrants work ethic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:07 am

JLC wrote:
spoljar wrote:

What a load of dribble

jlc

The Truth hurts.

One of the worst things about Collingwood supporters is they can't accept the truth. Since he went back to Mildura, Chris Tarrant realised the lengths the Collingwood football club would go to keep him and has milked it for all his $650+ is worth. Confused

He realised very quickly he is untouchable. Tarrant knew immediately he could get away with anything. A bad sign for a boy from a split home who has the mental rationalising age of 6. He is like the kid who owns the candy store. Crying or Very sad

It is Chris Tarrant who is the leader of the boys like Johnno not Nathan Buckley and he is a bad seed for sure. Shocked

Frankly if Eddie had the decision over again, he would let Chris Tarrant go back and rot in Mildura rather than prostitute the club ethos for him. It hasn't been worth it. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:09 am

Eddie McGuire taken to task in stoush
07 August 2006 Herald-Sun
Damian Barrett

TONY Shaw yesterday accused Eddie McGuire of failing to tell him the truth in another messy chapter to the pair's feud.

Moment of truth: Chris Tarrant fails with his long shot at goal to put Collingwood in front late in the last quarter against Adelaide on Saturday night.

Shaw clashed with McGuire while discussing Collingwood's handling of Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson, who were in a brawl outside a nightclub last weekend.

The stoush between the Magpies' 1990 premiership captain and their current president, which began when McGuire said a "rat-infested" culture was prevalent at Collingwood when Shaw was coach, has overshadowed the Tarrant-Johnson issue in recent days.

Shaw said McGuire avoided telling him he had made the "rat-infested" accusation when they spoke last Friday.

"When I rang you the other day, you didn't tell me the truth over the phone," Shaw said to McGuire on 3AW.

"Nathan Buckley has said you and I going head-to-head is having a detrimental effect on the club.

"I know you love the club, and I love the club and I want it to finish here.

"You have done a brilliant job with me and my family and I will forever be grateful for some of the things you have done in some horrible times in the Shaw family.

"I have never asked you for anything, but on this occasion you are wrong and you owe those people (who worked at the club) an apology because they are sitting at home thinking they have let down that club, when they didn't."

Shaw denied his period as coach (1996-99) was detrimental to Tarrant, who was drafted in 1997.

"I will sit here and put my four years up against any four years of the past seven (McGuire became president in 1999) as in the number of misdemeanours and the aggressive approach to weed people out who did not embrace the culture," Shaw said.

"Are you saying discipline was a problem, or on a par or under to what you have at that club at the moment?"

McGuire maintained his assessment of the Shaw years, but distanced himself from including Bob and Kevin Rose in the criticism.

"I take exception to any inference that there was denigration of Kevin Rose," McGuire said.

"I think I have played a pretty good role in perpetuating the honour of Bob Rose and Kevin Rose.

"Let's not reinvent history here. I was there in 1999 and there were things wrong with the club, no doubt about it. But we were able to work on it and move forward.

"I have no problem in saying that in 1999 that Collingwood Football Club's culture was the worst in football."

Shaw said his assertions that Tarrant had been afforded lenient treatment had been proven correct.

"I have been vindicated in the last 48 hours, saying there was favouritism shown to players, and that has come from the top," Shaw said.

McGuire said: "We would like to think the penny has dropped (with Tarrant).

"It (his future) will be considered at the end of the year when we go through it line by line and we will make a decision at that stage.

"Shawy's weight as a club legend does have an impact on the club and on people. And while I have always supported him being honest and forthright, I think at times he has been too hard."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:11 am

Bassett grabs record
07 August 2006 Herald-Sun
Richard Earle

ADELAIDE defender Nathan Bassett has usurped the game's glamour marking forwards, including St Kilda's Nick Riewoldt and Fremantle's Matthew Pavlich.

Bassett took a record 22 marks in Saturday night's four-point win over Collingwood at AAMI Stadium.

The game's legendary forwards such as Richmond's Royce Hart might have taken 10 marks a game but many would have been contested -- sprinkled with a few "screamers".

The advent of possession football has turned statistical review on its head.

Bassett's staggering total pushed Richmond's Matthew Richardson to No. 2 for most grabs in a game, ahead of teammate Joel Bowden. Riewoldt and Pavlich are back in equal sixth.

Significantly, just one of Bassett's marks was contested.

It's no coincidence that Bowden's 20 marks came during the infamous Round 8 win against the Crows this season.

This "keeping's off" match was labelled "basketball crap" by Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy.

In perfect conditions, top-ranked Adelaide and fifth-placed Collingwood delivered a combined 14 goals on Saturday night.

"I think it will change," said 169-game defender Bassett, who finished with 31 touches.

"Coaches have experimented with slower styles of play.

"It worked quite well for Collingwood on the night but their key defenders had to play really good games.

"West Coast took us on last week and beat us by plenty. Teams do what they have to do.

"I think teams will start attacking again soon."

When asked for his comment about why Bassett took so many marks, Collingwood attacker Chris Tarrant said "I couldn't be arsed chasing him".
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:31 am

Lone Ranger wrote:
We have a long tradition of being losers and if Christopher Tarrant, Anthony Rocca and Nathan Buckley have anything to do with it, that tradition will continue this year.

So now Bucks is a loser ... in the immortal words of Basil Fawlty:

You are a waste of space

It doesn't look like he was calling Bucks loser here. (Just to get back to the root of the argument). But with a listless trio, including Bucks, we will continue to lose. And that is what we have a tradition of doing over the last Christ knows how long

As for the rest of it all, well.... games are won in the midfield and have for some time. With Bucks dominating our midfield, then you would say he won us games. He didn't have the flair of a Hird - never liked Voss and have consistently underrated him I'll admit. But it's the flair players who get tagged as game breakers when in the week in and out, it's your fellahs like FIG, SSB, Clem, et al that get you the points more often than not. No good having the cream on top if there's no bread and butter.

Hmmm... ok... average analogy. Still getting used to half litre cans of cheap grolsch over here.

Anyway.... Bucks was a machine. Like Schumaker to Hird's Senna. Senna had the flair and grace. Got himself injured a bit more tho Razz But whereas Schuey drove for Ferrari at its peak, Bucks played for the Pies in the mid-late 1990's. And it aint fair that he gets demoted in the legends' stakes on account of how he stayed true to us.

I think the media - throbbie in particular - like to talk up his lack of cred as a non-premiersip captain because he left throbs mob 'to win a flag with Collingwiid' and poor old Wallsey still hasn't got over it. (Incidently, google up robert walls and laugh at what comes up first - throbjob, wanna know what the World Wide Web thinks of your crusty old?)

Hrm... actually, there is one thing that I rate Voss for... andd that is getitng out on the ground, week in and week out and playing one of the toughest sports on earth, whilst some bearded pedo looking ex-scum ruckman keeps getting into his shorts. I mean.... throbbie really got throbbie for Voss. Made me spew.

ANyway.. that's my rant. Getting back to the regional vicinty of the topic, y'all have to admit, RWNR has a point re Buck's decline. It's inevitable. It's happening. It's a bummer. He can still kick 6 every now and then (and that's ace) but he'll never be the way he was again. Well... not as regularly and reliably - and reliability was his strongest suit - better even than the 60 metre short pass.

Spewin... If htere's one thing I like hearing those nanga commentators say its... "Vintage Buckley!!!" Maybe we'll hear it a few more times yet. This september????
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:59 am

Time for Taz to take a holiday. Give him a week off at Camp X-Ray.
sq3 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:17 am

MM made a huge mistake and put the players before the team.

Both players (Tarrant and BJ) should have been dropped for breaking team rules - no ifs and no buts - break the rules and you are out !!!

This send the wrong message to the current players, potential draftees and trade possibilities - and is very near the StKilda culture.

Even more concerning is the article on the AFl site -
http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=286886

Where Tarrant has to ask his manager how Fev got better -

Prominent player manager Paul Connors, who looks after both Tarrant and Fevola, revealed on radio on Saturday that Tarrant believes Fevola can help him on the path to football redemption.

"Chris is asking 'What did Brendan do' and it's not rocket science," Connors said on Melbourne radio station 3AW.

"He (Fevola) worked hard, put his bum down and I think there was a defining moment when Brendan, myself and the (Carlton) coach (Denis Pagan) had a good chat."

As his manager said 'its not rocket science'.

So now we have as so called profesional footballer who is expected to be an elite athlete - who does not know how to improve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 years in the system and still cannot kick straight for goal - and WILL not do the hard work to improve.

Overpaid under achiever and Pies should expect more from such a highly paid player.

MM is a disgrace for not playing them both and Williamstown.

Discipline and team rules are the big losers at the Pies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: