Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#31,#26 Ben Johnson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Far from the worst. He has his moments, but he is generally ok.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:06 pm

Can't we just attach electrodes to their groin's at training that in turn go to a remote controlled battery on their back.

Each time a disposal does not directly hit a target (whether team mate or goal) the offender gets 12 volts and lots of amperes to the testicular area.

Would improve their disposal no end in very quick time.

I'm guessing Tess would volunteer to install the electrodes?

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:14 pm

Yep and the following players had Perfect Disposal and were definately not up to elite level either:

James Manson
Billy Picken
Tony Shaw
etc....etc.....

Cheers

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:17 pm

Get off Johnos back, hes improved out of site when i first saw him 5 years ago. He dominated off half back yesterday...

I dunno why people are saying Dales a bad kick, he missed kicked two shots on goal - big whoop, its the first game all year, Rocca kicked 1.4 i dont here people saying hes the worst kick in the team...
sq3 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:47 pm

Correct Nicko - but not the disposal it was the decision making.

The Duck quite rightly said during the commentary that it does not matter how long you are out of the game it does NOT affect you decision making - only the skills.

BJ's skills were not great - but all players were rather rusty (except Dids - brilliant even kicked more right than left) and BJ should be allowed a few more games before we banish him to the Gulls.
Albow Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:12 pm

A few bad kicks in the first game in the pre season comp and some guys are prepared to drop one of the best sweeping and running the lines backman in the competition. Give me a break
Albow Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:19 pm

Just two names that were also in the average kick bracket
Gavin Brown
Micky McGuane

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:26 pm

cmon they were both streets ahead of johnno
maggies2003 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:33 pm

cam, its one game into preseason, get off johnnos back, he is in our top 10 players. if u look at the stats from last year and the year before his kicks found the target alot of the time, more so than the average player.. So if ya have something personal against players, please wait until a bit further into the season or until good reason to slag them off... cheers.
Nicko 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:52 pm

The Angry Magpie can't register for this site as he doesn't have an e-mail address that's not web-based. So he's asked me to post this on his behalf:

What do the following teams have in common?
Essendon
Port Adelaide
Brisbane

They have had dominant periods in football over the last 10 years, whilst Sydney won the last flag and essendon’s perfomance waned a little last year, over the last probably 7 years they have been the domineering teams in the game. This is due largely to their midfield.
Your midfield will win you games. In those times have a look at the midfields of those teams. They have had a mixture of grunt, speed and skill. Nearly all the midfielders in the teams during their golden years have had above average or excellent disposal. Hardwork and self belief will only get you so far. I think to blame collingwoods last 2seasons on injury is an easy excuse, yes it’s a contributing factor and does mess up the teams balance, but they are an afl side and recruiting should see that we have the depth and calibre of players to win more than 5 games in a year. Our problem lies in our midfield, they cant dispose of the ball. They are all in an under players who work their guts out and they make me proud every week. But the fact of the matter is our skill level apart obviously from Nathan buckley is sub par. Look at the likes of, Lapin Voss Aka and black, they are 4 of the best disposers of the ball its why the lions were so dominant for so long. How are we going to win games if our midfielders cant run the ball out of defence and hit a target. Its why I cant believe we got rid of woewodin, his left foot was amazing and what we needed.

Collingwood will go nowhere with the midfield they’ve got. Look at our forward line, it is such a dangerous and potent line and should be one of the highest scoring in the league based purely on potential but with the way the ball is delivered to these guys the defenders are given half a chance which is usually all they need to create a contest and a spoil. We cant rely on tazz and rocca taking the big marks in the forward line, its not the 80s and that style of play wont win you games. Hopefully with the recruiting this year some of the kids are natural delivers of the ball and this in tandem with our work ethic and hopefully injury free season will see us contest for the 8. I don’t understand how any of the boys skill can improve all that much if you’ve been playing football since you are 8, training preaseason and playing professionally for how many years. how much room is there for improvement?

Id love to see us make the 8 but the 6 interstate teams are all guaranteed spots this year which leaves 2 for the Victorian clubs. Which you would pencil in stkilda and geelong for. Hopefully we give it a crack but we’re dreaming if we think we are better than them.

-The Angry Magpie
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:53 pm

that's being a little bit silly isn't it, why would Cam have something personal against Johnson. Anyway I think he's a good player from what I've seen, although to be honest I didn't see him much last year.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:42 pm

Ive always said Rocca was a terrible kick...but he's improved out of sight in the last 5 years.

as for Dasiy...omg...it was only ONE shot on goal really...the next was a bannana snap from the pocket which was dead on target till it got chopped off in the goal square...that wasnt an accuracy issue. True i didnt see any Buckley-esque 60m eye-level passes, but come on..if you expect that in a kids first game your delusional.

What worries me more than our field kicking is our kicking for goal. Poor field kicking we can make up for in tenacity and attack on the loose ball, what shits me no end, is when we do all the hard work, get a shot on goal...and miss.

That has got to be corrected at all costs. I know its early, but i see no sign of improvement from anyone in this regard.

EDIT: Maggies...where did you get those stats from?
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:39 pm

I recon there is a certain tall, young, lanky lad that needs to spend some time getting used to the pace of the game at Willy. Seems to trip over himself when he kicks due to lack of awareness and uncertainty.

Johnno is always good value. If he isnt kicking well shove him in the middle and let him hit them hard.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:47 pm

delete

Last edited by pietillidie on Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:48 pm

Johnno's disposal goes up and down with his form, and it is never great but manageable if he gets the 30m passes and the long bombs accurate (which he has done for significant periods in the past).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 5 of 30   

Jump to: