Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laughing Stock

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sq3 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Choppa - 100% correct mate - the reality check was the Lions game and the Pies still haven't woken up to it yet - and probably won't until the finals and they may be watching them on the TV.

Why do we have a list of players with some that get games but cannot perform the simple skills at AFL level ????????

Aren't these guys professional footballers and this is what they get paid to do ???????

Lica's kicking is worse than and Under 15 kid and he is a full time professional footballer - so why are his skills so poor ???

Why doesn't the club have a full time skills coach ?????????

If A-Rod gets paid 25m per year to hit a baseball and HE HAS a hitting coach surely our way smaller paid players should have a skills coach.

Why don't we have a Rugby skills coach teaching the list how to tackle properly - our best tackler is Medhurst.

Do you think the Lions won the flags and are rising at the right tome of the year purely by luck.

Pies are just getting the club wealthier but not smarter and Eddie and the board need to really get things going in the right direction in the coaching staff.

Pies faded badly in 2006 and now it is ground hog day again - the conditioning staff have got it wrong 2 years in a row - how many years do we have to wait until someone sees what is going wrong ???

Pies need to use some of the extra $ on some good coaching staff.

Shake up required.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:22 am
Post subject: embarassing lossReply with quote

To all the arrogant supporters who rang talkback about how the pies were going to thrash the tigers," when will you ever learn?". Having followed the pies for about 40 years of my life, I never take anything for granted and the pain of sooo many disappointments has taught me that I should be ready for anything. I had a really BAD feeling about last night based on recent form , past history and the fear of falling to a botton team ,once again and it was a case of deja vue.
I had to sit there and feel sick in the stomach watching the tigers cut us to shreds. By the time I got home I was pretty angry Mad and I , we have a right to be. I love the pies but I can't get over the fact that it is same old, same old. There is a saying about even a drip of water will wear away a stone. How much can we take? Sad
Sorry, but I had to get it off my chest.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:16 am
Post subject: Re: Laughing StockReply with quote

choppa wrote:
Tonights Effort was pathetic.

Not a real chance at finals this year anymore. if we make it we wont go far.
I hope we can develop for 2008.

I agree 100% we will be lucky to win another game this year Crying or Very sad

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:17 am

Babylove wrote:
The thing I don't like about losing more than anything else is the negativity of the supporters that comes out afterwards. We have a young side, at some point we were going to fall over. It's sad that it happened against the tigers, not just because of the season they've had but because it's the tigers.

However how about looking at the positivity of the season. At the start of the year most people were tipping us to finish bottom four. This year we have debuted 9 debutants and I think there's only one that hasn't shown promise. There is talk that of another couple playing at Williamstown that will either debut this year or early next year. The likes of Pendles, Daisy, Cloke and
Heater are playing well beyond their years of experience (all are in their second or third year). We are building a team that have the potential to do a lot of good in the years to come. There are a lot of positives to come out of the season, but because we have such a young side, you have to expect some hiccups along the way.

We can still finish bottom 4

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:20 am

Are you really a "it"?
Collingwould Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:07 am

Clement wrote:
Seth wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
FFS get a dose of reality. Presti was injured, Clement, Harry, Rheece and O'Bree have either only recently come back and/or lack match fitness, Heath is a bloody kid, Swan missed most of the pre-season and Josh is far from 100%. Welcome to the real world. It's round 19. The kids are tiring as anyone with half a bloody brain would expect, and unfortunately many of our key experienced players either have recently got over or are still carrying niggles. Every week it's the same friggin knockers. Do you honestly think the players out there are not trying? As for being embarassed about being a magpie supporter. I'd be more embarassed about the bullshit posts you make evertime we lose.

Oh really then why the hell are we playing Presti and Clement or Rhyce.

FFS Shane Wakelin was playing very well and Marty Clarke was doin well in Rhyce's posi.

Toovey??? He is rubbish.

Best post of the night. Why are we trying to get rid of Wakelin? He is still our best defender.

you want a dose of reality? how about 3 premierships since the last of Collingwoods real glory days when Jock was about, yes I'm talking about '53, '58, and '90. No, we won't win 'em all, but FFS how do you equate 3 flags in over 70 years for a club who has a habit of getting real close. You can bet every of these "same friggin knockers" wants the same as you mate but let them have a vent, so stop your holy than thou self righteousness and don't prevent the vent Wink
Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:18 am

Your dose of reality is in fact a dose of fantasy. The reality of the Collingwood football club is losing the unlosable Grand final 1970, One point to St Kilda in "Hit the boundary line" in 1966. Dennis Compton coming down from the back pocket in 1964, Carmen getting suspended in 1977, Greening getting king hit and never meeting his full potential, Wayne Harmes in the Stands pushing the ball back in 1979, KB and the big joke of 1980, Pies bring 20 points in front of the Blues in time on of the third quarter of 1981 and going pffft, the 1983 revolution that led to a record loss in the Preliminary Final v Dons, of course Darren and 1990, the Tony Shaw years and then the 2002 GF where Rocca 's goal was given a behind and Tarrant was pack raped by Darl White for no free kick and then the ball went down the field and Lynch got a free kick for nothing, gone in a second and then us as overwhelming favourites in 2003 to go pffft again.

I am talking about the future. The future of our once great club that is becoming less and less relevant to the AFL and its multi corporate, multi state environment, where we the fans are being marginalised more and more all the time. then we get to the Lexus Taj Mahal and we are marginalised into the Cafe de Wheels.

It is a sad inditement of our country, creed race and people that this could happen in Australia. We used to be a foundation of this great country but now the Collingwood football club is yesterday's leftovers in the fridge of melancholy.

We ned a revolution to fight the good fight and make Collingwood football club the Manchester United of Australia.

It is time to go in a different direction to the direction we, as a club are going, because we are faced with a brick wall and no way of climbing it. Sad. Very Sad.

Just like the greatest working class hero JohnLennon said, We talk about a Revolution...
choppa 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:27 am

Jock McPie wrote:
choppa - you are purportedly PP for Tarks, show some spirit FFS. Does Tarks give up that easily?

The comment was made in the chat room last night about how Nick's would take a loss and obviously we are seeing the results.

The other clubs' message boards will be having a field day about "watch em eat their own." Let's not be like them, we are better than that. Take a step back and assess it in the cold light of day. If you still have the same opinion that's fine but at least put some perspective into it.

These are emotional times for all concerned.

Mate before u say anything did i mention anything bout tarks mate.

i was in live chat all night and i was saying all night TARKS and MEDDERS were the only ones who seemed to be trying.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:33 am

choppa wrote:
Jock McPie wrote:
choppa - you are purportedly PP for Tarks, show some spirit FFS. Does Tarks give up that easily?

The comment was made in the chat room last night about how Nick's would take a loss and obviously we are seeing the results.

The other clubs' message boards will be having a field day about "watch em eat their own." Let's not be like them, we are better than that. Take a step back and assess it in the cold light of day. If you still have the same opinion that's fine but at least put some perspective into it.

These are emotional times for all concerned.

Mate before u say anything did i mention anything bout tarks mate.

i was in live chat all night and i was saying all night TARKS and MEDDERS were the only ones who seemed to be trying.

Thomas Tried his Heart out but he can't carry the Midfield by himself

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:41 am

choppa, you have misinterpreted what i have said. just like how tarks never gives up neither should you. don't throw in the towel just because of other people's actions.

comb your wig and put on your big girl's panties. have the courage of your convictions. this is still a democratic society isn't it?

if you stand for nothing, you stand for something.

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:07 pm

Why is it when ever we lose games like this, we get the whole 1 premiership in 50 year spill so on and so on.

Clement and the rest of u who are just determined to keep running the club down you are not what the Collingwood spirit is about.

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:14 pm
Post subject: Re: embarassing lossReply with quote

orie wrote:
To all the arrogant supporters who rang talkback about how the pies were going to thrash the tigers," when will you ever learn?". Having followed the pies for about 40 years of my life, I never take anything for granted and the pain of sooo many disappointments has taught me that I should be ready for anything. I had a really BAD feeling about last night based on recent form , past history and the fear of falling to a botton team ,once again and it was a case of deja vue.
I had to sit there and feel sick in the stomach watching the tigers cut us to shreds. By the time I got home I was pretty angry Mad and I , we have a right to be. I love the pies but I can't get over the fact that it is same old, same old. There is a saying about even a drip of water will wear away a stone. How much can we take? Sad
Sorry, but I had to get it off my chest.

totally agree mate. Never count your chickens before they're hatched.
It REALLY is 'one week at a time'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: