Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have you ever driven when over 0.05 BAC

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you driven over .05 BAC
Yes
67%
 67%  [ 73 ]
No
32%
 32%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 108

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and by the way, when I was young I did it all the time, back in the days before .05.

So I was no angel either.

ktszyu1 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:19 pm

stik35 wrote:
ktszyu1 wrote:
Absolutely, many times. I HATE doing it. But I continue to do it. It's never for more than 5 minutes, just usually from a mate's place to home. When I'm sober I know how stupid it is, but when I'm blind, I think "as if I'll get caught". Luckily I've just gotten my full license, so I finally have a bit of leeway in terms of one or two drinks.

It's not just about getting caught. It's about if you happen to hit someone - even if it's through no fault of your own - and they die, then it becomes your fault because you should not be on the road. You would then be a murderer.

My ex-husband was involved in a car accident a few years ago, an american guy visiting Australia pulled straight out in front of him ( he obviously looked the wrong way) and was killed instantly.
If my ex had been drinking then it would have been his fault. Luckily he hadn't but still had to go to court as a witness and face this man's heartbroken family and even though he was blameless it was not a good experience.

Of course everyone thinks it wont happen to them.

I have a breathalyser which we take everywhere. We decide beforehand if one of us is going to drive. If we both want to have a drink we know that the car will be staying there and we catch a cab home or both ways.

The breathalyser comes in handy for the morning after, when you would be surprised how often you can still be over the limit.

I have had a couple of drinks before a game (2 or 3) and then still been over the limit 5 hours later when I've thought I was perfectly sober.
You just never really know and it's better to be safe than sorry.

If you drink - don't drive.

I never said it was only about getting caught, I'm saying that's what you think when you're drunk. Your only fear is getting caught, because you think you're fine to drive. It's about the thought-process at the time, not what we KNOW is the case.

I'm shocked that you could still be over the limit FIVE hours later after 2 or 3 drinks. That's ridiculous. You obviously hadn't eaten, you must be very small, AND they must've been some premium Belgian stouts which are 12% or something. Laughing. I know about the BAC from getting my RSA, and I just did the refresher two weeks ago actually, but seriously... what were you drinking? I suppose 3 Wild Turkeys or maybe Jacks could do the trick, given that they're both over 2 standard drinks (from memory).

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:33 pm

ktszyu1 wrote:
stik35 wrote:
ktszyu1 wrote:
Absolutely, many times. I HATE doing it. But I continue to do it. It's never for more than 5 minutes, just usually from a mate's place to home. When I'm sober I know how stupid it is, but when I'm blind, I think "as if I'll get caught". Luckily I've just gotten my full license, so I finally have a bit of leeway in terms of one or two drinks.

It's not just about getting caught. It's about if you happen to hit someone - even if it's through no fault of your own - and they die, then it becomes your fault because you should not be on the road. You would then be a murderer.

My ex-husband was involved in a car accident a few years ago, an american guy visiting Australia pulled straight out in front of him ( he obviously looked the wrong way) and was killed instantly.
If my ex had been drinking then it would have been his fault. Luckily he hadn't but still had to go to court as a witness and face this man's heartbroken family and even though he was blameless it was not a good experience.

Of course everyone thinks it wont happen to them.

I have a breathalyser which we take everywhere. We decide beforehand if one of us is going to drive. If we both want to have a drink we know that the car will be staying there and we catch a cab home or both ways.

The breathalyser comes in handy for the morning after, when you would be surprised how often you can still be over the limit.

I have had a couple of drinks before a game (2 or 3) and then still been over the limit 5 hours later when I've thought I was perfectly sober.
You just never really know and it's better to be safe than sorry.

If you drink - don't drive.

I never said it was only about getting caught, I'm saying that's what you think when you're drunk. Your only fear is getting caught, because you think you're fine to drive. It's about the thought-process at the time, not what we KNOW is the case.

I'm shocked that you could still be over the limit FIVE hours later after 2 or 3 drinks. That's ridiculous. You obviously hadn't eaten, you must be very small, AND they must've been some premium Belgian stouts which are 12% or something. Laughing. I know about the BAC from getting my RSA, and I just did the refresher two weeks ago actually, but seriously... what were you drinking? I suppose 3 Wild Turkeys or maybe Jacks could do the trick, given that they're both over 2 standard drinks (from memory).

2-3 of these will do the trick.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:39 pm

It was white wine actually - and on an emptly stomach.

That's just one of the many variables.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Dale61 wrote:
Yes, more than likely, but that was back in the day when the limit was 0.08!

in darwin?
I have driven over the limit many times when I was younger, never got caught, never killed or maimed anyone but still feel like I have when I think about it and the other stupid crap we did in cars.

bloke up the road from us in darwin had been done over 7 times and they kept giving him his licence back to him

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:12 pm

oops
nulla 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Guilty, Guilty Guilty.

I drank and was a social alcoholic thanks to my days in the army where drinking then was promoted and beer was issued and rationed when on tour outside of OZ.

I never got caught or had an accident... saw the light and have never touched the stuff for near on 20 years.

Aclohol has been part of our culture since the First Fleet, education is the only solution in our current lifestyle situation here in Australia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: