Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Johnson and Didak

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mudlark wrote:
die4pies wrote:

You are right about Didak. Complete spud of a player with no sense of self awareness on the ground and just runs around in circles chasing his own shadow. Possibly the worst footballer I ever seen in my entire life.

Tongue planted FIRMLY in cheek I hope D4P??? Rolling Eyes

I derived the 'die 4 pies' moniker based around my all time favourite Magpie. Wink

I personally think Alan has been our best player over the last 10 years (only because of Nathan's recurrant back/hamstring problems post 2003.) But that is a very subjective call and many may disagree with me.

I also think the unprecedented suspensions of Alan and Heath for a finals series may have cost us a premiership in 2008, although others will argue that 'tough love' contributed to this years premiership. Bear in mind that in 2008 at the time of the suspensions Alan and Heath were our #1 and #3 players respectively. That, to me, indicates that Alan didn't need 'tough love' to play good footy, he already was our best player.

All water under the bridge now because the undeniable fact is the two are premiership players and, by definition, legends of the Collingwood Football Club.

All the players are legends now and those that missed the 22 are unlucky legends like Frank Tuck, Ron McKeown and Alan Richardson.

The initial comment was ill-informed at best or malicious trolling at worst. Ben Johnson's match saving tackle against Port anyone? But to try and defend such dribble is utterly ludicrous.

Ben Johnson, Alan Didak and Leon Davis. Premiership winning LEGENDS of the Collingwood Football Club.

Show some respect.

talwin 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:05 pm

die4pies wrote:
mudlark wrote:
die4pies wrote:

You are right about Didak. Complete spud of a player with no sense of self awareness on the ground and just runs around in circles chasing his own shadow. Possibly the worst footballer I ever seen in my entire life.

I derived the 'die 4 pies' moniker based around my all time favourite Magpie. Wink

I personally think Alan has been our best player over the last 10 years (only because of Nathan's recurrant back/hamstring problems post 2003.) But that is a very subjective call and many may disagree with me.

I also think the unprecedented suspensions of Alan and Heath for a finals series may have cost us a premiership in 2008, although others will argue that 'tough love' contributed to this years premiership. Bear in mind that in 2008 at the time of the suspensions Alan and Heath were our #1 and #3 players respectively. That, to me, indicates that Alan didn't need 'tough love' to play good footy, he already was our best player.

All water under the bridge now because the undeniable fact is the two are premiership players and, by definition, legends of the Collingwood Football Club.

All the players are legends now and those that missed the 22 are unlucky legends like Frank Tuck, Ron McKeown and Alan Richardson.

The initial comment was ill-informed at best or malicious trolling at worst. Ben Johnson's match saving tackle against Port anyone? But to try and defend such dribble is utterly ludicrous.

Ben Johnson, Alan Didak and Leon Davis. Premiership winning LEGENDS of the Collingwood Football Club.

Show some respect.

please dont say that leon davis is a premiership player
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:12 pm

talwin wrote:

Mag will be at the Westpac Centre tomorrow morning for training.
Pop in and ask for his premiership medal and explain to him why you think he shouldn't have it.

Be quick because most of the boys fly for 'Flag'staff on Saturday.

Macedonian Marvel #35 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:13 pm

talwin wrote:
die4pies wrote:
mudlark wrote:
die4pies wrote:

Show some respect.

leon davis is a premiership player Laughing
talwin 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 pm

die4pies wrote:
talwin wrote:

Pop in and ask for his premiership medal and explain to him why you think he shouldn't have it.

just cause a bloke has a medal does not mean he won a premiership
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 pm

talwin wrote:
die4pies wrote:
talwin wrote:

Geez, things are getting bad when you hate a Pies player so much you have to borrow arguments off Richmond fans.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

pietillidie wrote:
talwin wrote:
die4pies wrote:
talwin wrote:

Geez, things are getting bad when you hate a Pies player so much you have to borrow arguments off Richmond fans.

talwin has an avatar of his best mate Luke Ball? I think we know what is happening here pietillidie.

Come on Nick, this is getting pretty low. Sure, you must have a lot of 'what ifs' and you may never look at a librarian the same way again, but you need to go back to Moorabbin and check your trophy cabinet and come to grips with the reality that your club is pathetic and you trolling an internet forum complaining about the players that inflicted so much pain and misery on yourself and your insipid football club is not doing you any good at all.

Listen to me. Pick up the phone now. Call Bally and he may let you wear his premiership medal for a few hours and you can at least pretend to be the footballer the entire non-Collingwood football community hoped you would be.

Psst....LOOKOUT!...a librarian!!!

E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:17 am

talwin wrote:
die4pies wrote:
mudlark wrote:
die4pies wrote:

Show some respect.

he is a premiership player mate. Live with it. Its true. Kicked the decisive goal in the first half of the Grand final. turned out to be a match winning grand final goal that very few people would've kicked. Not healthy enough to play in the second half (sadly, not healthy for much of the season), but you only had to see the way the other players made him join in the singing of the pies song at the end of the day to see that he is a premiership player in their eyes.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:57 pm

talwin wrote:
die4pies wrote:
talwin wrote:

No. But being awarded a premiership medal for being a premiership player does. Example: Leon Davis for Collingwood in 2010. Counter example: Nick Reiwoldt for St Kilda in 2010. One is a premiership player and was awarded a premiership medal, the other is not and was not. Your thoughts on this don't amount to a hill of beans. The facts are clear.

talwin 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:45 am

ask leon if he is fulfilled by his hard earned medal. i think that u are all wrong history will show us he's not a premiership player and the medal that shouldnt have been awarded will b hollow
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:41 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
talwin wrote:

Your thoughts on this don't amount to a hill of beans.

Wrong.

In fact, Talwin's thoughts on this matter do amount to a hill of beans. A bloody big hill of beans. A bloody big hill of beans that have passed through the digestive tract and now constitute the natural end product - i.e., large runny farts with lumps in 'em.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:01 am

The irony here is that it is Luke ball who holds the hollow medal. He was very close to his old team mates and felt terrible for them. At the same time everyone around him was euphorically celebrating. He was truly embarrassed to celebrate in front of his old mates.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:07 am

talwin wrote:
ask leon if he is fulfilled by his hard earned medal. i think that u are all wrong history will show us he's not a premiership player and the medal that shouldnt have been awarded will b hollow

I agree that it shouldn't have, but the fact is that it was and, as such, Davis has been officially recognised as such.

It's all a matter of semantics, in any case. What is a premiership player? Someone who plays in the winning grand final? Davis played in the first 'half' of a winning grand final. What about the old days when 'reserve' players were left on the bench all day, were they considered premiership players? I believe so. Some might argue that all who represented Collingwood at senior level this year were premiership players. I suspect you are right in that, for Davis, the medal will seem relatively hollow, but whatever satisfaction he takes from it is hard-earned.

Forgive me for saying so, but real supporters would tend to agree with that.

talwin 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 pm

die4pies wrote:
The irony here is that it is Luke ball who holds the hollow medal. He was very close to his old team mates and felt terrible for them. At the same time everyone around him was euphorically celebrating. He was truly embarrassed to celebrate in front of his old mates.

least he played and was a solid contributor. and this is expected and he played in a winning grand final.
talwin 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:37 pm

David wrote:
talwin wrote:

I agree that it shouldn't have, but the fact is that it was and, as such, Davis has been officially recognised as such.

It's all a matter of semantics, in any case. What is a premiership player? Someone who plays in the winning grand final? Davis played in the first 'half' of a winning grand final. What about the old days when 'reserve' players were left on the bench all day, were they considered premiership players? I believe so. Some might argue that all who represented Collingwood at senior level this year were premiership players. I suspect you are right in that, for Davis, the medal will seem relatively hollow, but whatever satisfaction he takes from it is hard-earned.

Forgive me for saying so, but real supporters would tend to agree with that.

i guess its hard earned. but its also hollow. and i dont think subs actually got medals. but i could b wrong with that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: