Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Herald Sun in new attack on the Krak

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Krak's next controversial goal celebration...

krak.jpg

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Typical Media trying to Bring Collingwood Down.

My Mate and I on the way home last night said this would happen.

Bloody Media

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:43 pm

It was on Channel 10 news tonight as an "issue".

I still don't how doing the symbol is meant to be considered offensive.

What is there to be offended about?

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:20 pm

i notice the HUN has been out and about contacting people to get a reaction.

Thank god they contacted Eddie

Quote:
Collingwood Football Club president Eddie McGuire last night told the Sunday Herald Sun that Krakouer had assured him it was a "one-off".

Krakouer had told McGuire he had been speaking earlier on Friday to his brother, who is still serving time, and gave the salute as a gesture to him.

"While we would prefer our players restricted themselves to winning the game, in Andrew's case - and I can only assume he was sending a message to the jail in Perth - he chose to give this salute," McGuire said.

"Andrew Krakouer, like it or not, is now a role model for flawed people in Australia. He committed a crime, paid a penalty, served his time and learned from his mistake.

"Andrew hit rock bottom and fought his way back in front of 81,000 people at the MCG and millions on live television.

"He is making tentative steps towards total rehabilitation. He chose to offer a nod to his mates in jail who stood by him in his darkest hour.

"And while we don't want this salutation to be a regular part of his repertoire, we don't have an issue with it."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/andrew-krakouers-jailhouse-salute-sparks-debate/story-e6frf9jf-1226036576011

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Bloody John Ralph was going on about it on The Fifth Quarter tonight.

He said, and I quote, "The AFL will have to look into it."

No they don't Ralph! People just need to grow up.

Unfortunately we live in an unforgiving society. People give lip service to rehabilitation. Prison is all about punishment and putting people in their place. You'd think we'd walked back into the 18th century and the time of the convicts.

Seriously this country is the nanny state of all nanny states. Hopeless wowsers and bleeding hearts have taken over the country. God help us. Rolling Eyes
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:28 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Bloody John Ralph was going on about it on The Fifth Quarter tonight.

He said, and I quote, "The AFL will have to look into it."

No they don't Ralph! People just need to grow up.

Unfortunately we live in an unforgiving society. People give lip service to rehabilitation. Prison is all about punishment and putting people in their place. You'd think we'd walked back into the 18th century and the time of the convicts.

Seriously this country is the nanny state of all nanny states. Hopeless wowsers and bleeding hearts have taken over the country. God help us. :roll:

Exactly right Jack except the last paragraph: it doesn't fit with what you'e posted. The symbol by Krak effects the "victims of crime lobby" the exact opposite (antithesis) of your last paragraph! But agree with you 100% with the rest.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 am

Proud Pies wrote:
i notice the HUN has been out and about contacting people to get a reaction.

Thank god they contacted Eddie

Quote:
Collingwood Football Club president Eddie McGuire last night told the Sunday Herald Sun that Krakouer had assured him it was a "one-off".

Krakouer had told McGuire he had been speaking earlier on Friday to his brother, who is still serving time, and gave the salute as a gesture to him.

"While we would prefer our players restricted themselves to winning the game, in Andrew's case - and I can only assume he was sending a message to the jail in Perth - he chose to give this salute," McGuire said.

"Andrew Krakouer, like it or not, is now a role model for flawed people in Australia. He committed a crime, paid a penalty, served his time and learned from his mistake.

"Andrew hit rock bottom and fought his way back in front of 81,000 people at the MCG and millions on live television.

"He is making tentative steps towards total rehabilitation. He chose to offer a nod to his mates in jail who stood by him in his darkest hour.

"And while we don't want this salutation to be a regular part of his repertoire, we don't have an issue with it."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/andrew-krakouers-jailhouse-salute-sparks-debate/story-e6frf9jf-1226036576011

Eddie conceded far too much. He should have told the media to get stuffed.

And let's get rid of this "role model" nonsense once and for all. Evil or Very Mad
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:12 am

That muppet gambling addict David Schwartz reckons on the Channel 7 footy show this morning that Krak's actions bring unfair front page attention to the club over this issue and he should be sanctioned.

And silly me, I thought we lived in a free society. Not a Stalinist state! Twisted Evil

Listen you cretin David Schwartz! The media are the ones making this front page news. Most of the fans couldn't give a stuff.

I don't know what to think anymore. The media has made governing impossible for anyone because of their tabloidisation of politics.

They have now obviously turned their attention to wrecking footy as well.

I can only imagine what Caro will be going on about on Monday night. Rolling Eyes
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:15 am

Some of the idiots that were outraged ought to get a life. As if kids are going to go and bash someone because Krak glamorised being in Jail. Campbell Brown has done more damage to the games image than Kraks little gesture.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 am

ronrat wrote:
Some of the idiots that were outraged ought to get a life. As if kids are going to go and bash someone because Krak glamorised being in Jail. Campbell Brown has done more damage to the games image than Kraks little gesture.

Exactly.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:59 am

I'M OUTRAGED THAT PEOPLE ARE OUTRAGED!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:06 pm

He's entitled to acknowledge his 'brothers' who are presently in gaol. In fact, I admire him for showing solidarity with his mob in such a public manner. Anyone who is offended by that needs to get a life.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Travis Cloke on the Footy Show gave his support to Krakouer, the sign was a sign of support to those that supported him while he was behind bars. (words of cloke) The Sunday Footy Show seemed to be of the opinion it wasn't anything bad and should move on.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:16 pm

according to Father Bob Maguire

Quote:
Bob Maguire
Andrew Krakouer made the sign of the cross to reassure warehoused offenders that there's light at the end of their tunnel.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:34 pm

So when are we going to see these comments by "outraged fans"? If Father Bob is correct, would that mean "fans" are hypocritical since players cross themselves before a game, some before kicking for goal?

Seems to me there is more support for Krak then there is "outrage"

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: