Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Thomas, recruit Martin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:55 am
Post subject: Re: Trade Thomas, Recruit MartinReply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
E wrote:
Animal wrote:
I just heard on Footy Classified that Carlton are prepared to offer Daisy 600+k a year. I say we let him go and offer Daisy's wage to Dustin Martin.

Thoughts??

i hate these threads. Players must think we are all jokers! No wonder some of them make decisions for themselves without emotion. We are all a joke to be starting threads like this when the guy has busted his arse for the past 16 weeks to try to get up for the finals and has just had a devastating reoccurrance of his injury.

I would hate to go to war with you muppets!

You are spot on here E on both counts.

The ones on here with the self righteous opinions and judgemental condemnation are the one who contribute the least, demand that others step up and support them and in case of war would be the conscientious objectors or would be hiding in their bedrooms.

Née nor née nor the fun police are in town. Players dont give a flying turd about supporters thoughts buddy, who do you think you are, Eddie McGuire? About time you people realized all they wan is your money each year, kick a few footies in the crowd and get a few high fives after each game, and then never have to deal with supporters unless mandatory. They certainly dn read our rubbish.

Nicks is simply a forum to discuss and vent for supporters, the club and the players would see all of us as lemmings and morons, just as they have done since they were immortalized from the age of 7.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Animal wrote:
What if Daisy will never ever be the same and may be lucky to ever get back on e field? This is information I am hearing.

Then he would be worth very little at the trade table. I really can't see the point of putting him up for trade, to be honest.

He is a restricted free agent. It is not a case of Collingwood putting him up for trade. Daisy, if he wishes will field offers from interested parties and Collingwood have the final option to equal the preferred deal and keep him or let him go.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:24 am

Where is the clown who wanted to trade Josh Thomas for Dustin Martin now? Razz
Animal 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Hmmm......Dusty has told the Tigers he is willing to accept offers from other clubs. Interesting.

Also Thomas looks like he is gone.

I guess I may have been onto something all along Wink

Well the one I always think of is the Port Adelaide final in 2002. It was just one of the most disciplined team performances that I have ever witnessed - be it in football or any other team sport - NB
ArtVandelay 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:58 pm

Would be a good pickup as a player but would be odd that we are supposedly getting rid of anyone contributing to a culture problem and then recruited Martin.

Lawrence Angwin would also slot in well next to Cloke in the forward line.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 pm

ArtVandelay wrote:
Would be a good pickup as a player but would be odd that we are supposedly getting rid of anyone contributing to a culture problem and then recruited Martin.

Lawrence Angwin would also slot in well next to Cloke in the forward line.

And lets get Robert Muir as a player development officer.... Twisted Evil Razz
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 pm

PLEASE DON'T GET MARTIN!!!

If Martin has caused Richmond nothing but problems with his on and off field antics....what would he do at Collingwood?...with our increased spotlight.. last thing we need is a expensive off field distraction, who is at best still inconsistent on field .

He is also leaving Richmond simply because he wants more money....what does it say about him??

Lastly, Buckley has spent the last week and a bit trying to clear away the "rat pack" and we would really bring in another one man rat pack???

in my mind this would be a huge mistake, hope we take the picks and move to the draft.

fractal 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:55 pm

It would be a pick 2 for a pick 3, 26 for 22 year old. So if we could get him for the Thomas comp pick, i think it has merit.

if he wants $600k! ..that is a lot of coin.

But the off field stuff will be the stinger. Bucks seems to be a no BS guy ..
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Jezza wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
Martin is not worth 600K !!

Well if reports are true, then Martin's management think he is and hence this is the reason Richmond are having trouble re-signing him.

It would be fascinating if Martin ended up at Collingwood. Richmond's hatred of us would go up another notch, but it's not going to happen plus I think Daisy will end up staying with us anyway.

I just heard on radio the poor ol Tiges are absolutely spewing on Martin, they are ropeable. Poor bastards, can they take a trick ?? Dunno about swapping daisy for him, that's a big step methinks. Confused Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:18 pm

If we have a spare $600 000 offer it to Buddy not Martin FFS
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:26 pm

This ground may have already been covered but surely after Bucks' comments post the Port Adel loss mean there is SFA chance of us chasing Dustin Martin, even if we had the dough?

Could have sworn he mentioned something about culture and making the right decisions..... ??? Neutral

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:10 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
This ground may have already been covered but surely after Bucks' comments post the Port Adel loss mean there is SFA chance of us chasing Dustin Martin, even if we had the dough?

Could have sworn he mentioned something about culture and making the right decisions..... ??? Neutral

Does that then rule out even a Buddy, with all the rumours about his 2 strikes etc? Confused Confused So bloody confusing.......... Rolling Eyes
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Lazza wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:

Does that then rule out even a Buddy, with all the rumours about his 2 strikes etc? Confused Confused So bloody confusing.......... Rolling Eyes

Probably true but lets be honest, even if we wanted him... I just can't see the club chasing him either.... maybe more for money than culture reasons but I'm sure that plays a part too. For us to even go close to being able to afford Buddy we'd definitely have to release Daisy.... I just think we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot to give away that much cash on one player.... ahem.... Travis Cloke says hi... actually... from what he said he gave up a hell of a lot to stay so .... I'm with you lazza... bloody confusing.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:51 pm

We are in no position to get him with our draft picks. He will be a Demon and the AFL will make sure of it.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Daisy to stay and Martin to Carlton would be ideal.

Carlton to continue strong tradition of next Messiah!

Mick plays favourites and lets duzzy get away with partying- it pisses the whole playing group off- because they get jealous and don't like his haircut and are frustrated because he can't grow a beard.
Then they realise that he is actually both hard and skilled- and this blows their minds because Carlton has traditionally seen these as mutually exclusive.

The club implodes and merges with GWS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: