Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Today is the day - 2 names please (with an alternate)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pochemuchka wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:

I'll settle for two of Scharenburg, Freeman, Aish, Salem

I'm claiming it too CMC

a boxed quinella.

yep, can't claim that dude.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:
Nah the reason we finished 8th not 4th is we tanked a final in order to earn last night's spoils.

But yes we had to replace Dale. But he may or may not have worked his way back into the 22 anyway

do you thinkk Hine told Bucks "look there are only 11 good players in this years draft, so we have to lose to Port to ensure we get pick 10 so that when Daisy leaves, we'll get pick 11 and be assured at least 2 of them?

If we had won one we could easily have won two.

Buckley knew that our finishing position would influence two first round picks rather than one.

The difference between 10 and 11 and 13 and 14 is massive, especially in this draft, which Hine knew about, and even more especially if you know you can turn 11 into 6.

Bucks also knew it would place us in the middle tier for 2014 fixed-ture considerations, preventing really horrible fixed-turing and restricting them to - well, exactly what we got funnily enough. Two top tier and one bottom tier double ups. After their cunning plan to roger us with this new system ran afoul because Bucks outwitted them by losing to Port on purpose, we got the harshest possible treatment we could get under the new rules. I was shocked. Carlton got the best possible treatment. This staggered me.

I realise that this is nutty old Breadcrawl with his conspiracy theories again, this is fine, but what you cannot deny is that we benefited in a range of valuable ways by losing our elimination final. So you sane folk can think, 'well what a stroke of luck that was', and I will be over here in nutland thinking "Bucks you are a beautiful evil genius and I love you."

If I wasn't sure we rolled over I would despair that Bucks was such a hopeless coach in a final. Strange and novel tactics like Keeffe in the forward line and a very lacklustre performance from almost all players that wasn't steadied by the coach at any stage by a single tactical move that I noticed.

But I do not despair because we were the big winners in that final and the gifts will keep giving for a decade.

But yeah I exist in my own reality so feel free to think I'm mental

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: