Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Feelings about Faz!?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also prefer him in the forward line but I cannot think of a better option for hbf, and there doesn't seem like there's room for him up front.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Faz will be traded at years end. Over rated, built like Tarzan and plays like Jane.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:21 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Yep, with a backline utterly devoid of class by foot, how dare people suggest putting good users of the ball in the backline in order to generate meaningful rebound...

You can have all the foot skills in the world but if you fail at your main purpose as a defender which is negating your opponents influence it wont count for much.

If Fasolo proves to be suspect one on one or ball watchers and doesn't play tight enough he'll soon be exploited by opposition coaches.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:46 pm

swoop42 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Yep, with a backline utterly devoid of class by foot, how dare people suggest putting good users of the ball in the backline in order to generate meaningful rebound...

You can have all the foot skills in the world but if you fail at your main purpose as a defender which is negating your opponents influence it wont count for much.

If Fasolo proves to be suspect one on one or ball watchers and doesn't play tight enough he'll soon be exploited by opposition coaches.

Am I disputing that? No. On the contrary, I want the defence to be more accountable, not less. Which means culling the poor defenders like Maxwell and Sinclair and replacing them with better ones who also happen to be very good by foot (say, Reid). Given the majority of the half back flank rebounding prospects are either injured (Scharenberg, Oxley, Seedsman) or useless (Armstrong, Yagmoor), that may mean throwing things around by deploying someone like Fasolo back there.

And ignoring skill by foot in the back half is just begging for the opposition to punish us on the turnover. If our rebounders continue to butcher the ball, then it won't matter how accountable our defence is, the constant bombardment will overwhelm them.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:48 am

MagpieBat wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Am I disputing that? No. On the contrary, I want the defence to be more accountable, not less. Which means culling the poor defenders like Maxwell and Sinclair and replacing them with better ones who also happen to be very good by foot (say, Reid). Given the majority of the half back flank rebounding prospects are either injured (Scharenberg, Oxley, Seedsman) or useless (Armstrong, Yagmoor), that may mean throwing things around by deploying someone like Fasolo back there.

And ignoring skill by foot in the back half is just begging for the opposition to punish us on the turnover. If our rebounders continue to butcher the ball, then it won't matter how accountable our defence is, the constant bombardment will overwhelm them.

Most of our turnovers occur on F50 entry or inaccurate goal kicking so it's hard to single our the defense, more a whole team issue.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:21 pm

jackcass wrote:
Most of our turnovers occur on F50 entry or inaccurate goal kicking so it's hard to single our the defense, more a whole team issue.

Not disputing that either.

Which is why I can't believe why we are playing serial butchers like Blair.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:55 am
Post subject: Re: Feelings about Faz!?Reply with quote

Flashman wrote:
Defender wrote:
skaman wrote:
This guys a mystery for me. I reckon he has the goods, but wether or not we are gunna ever see or he gets to utilise his undoubted talents still remain to be seen. ultimately the ball is in his court. I would hate him to be a forgotten man after what I think was a great debut. When he first came on the scene, lots of people were heralding the second comin of Daics..we salivated. Started doing a bit of media, and to me seemed to be a bit full of himself (just my opinion). Another thread here asked for who was on thin ice, and I (only one I think) put forward his name. Reasons being, we are getting a lot of up and comers, around his size that may add a bit more pressure on him holding a spot (that's healthy though). Im not down on the guy , and I desperately hope he can show a bit of x factor for us, he has great skills, great kick and disposal, just needs more consistency and maybe a tad more desperation and aggression at the loose ball.

Just interested in other peoples opinion of him and where you think he is at, playing out of position, etc?

He's no mystery to me, I watched him in the VFL last year and he's wayyyyyyyyy to good for that level, even with a limited prep, fully fit he fits us like a glove, has talent to burn.

Spot on.

The kid has oodles of talent, can find the ball and has some superb finishing skills. He's a lock for our best 22 when fit and firing and as he's only 21 I'm looking forward to him giving us plenty of thrills for years to come.

He was badly missed last year and I can't wait to have him back in the side.

Ditto, I remember 1 game he didn't celebrate like he usually does (this guy loves a goal) and just got back to it, reminds me of Sidey, if he could keep it turned on the whole game, no stopping him

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:23 pm

So what's going on with Fasolo?

Played against Richmond but didn't appear against the GC or in the VFL practice match.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:40 pm

So no one knows what's going on with Fasolo?

He isn't listed as injured so I find it a little strange that after making his long awaited return against Richmond he's then put on ice for the next two matches.

Surely more time out in the middle would have been beneficial before the season starts.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:44 pm

That is a rather sweeping generalization about people.
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Fasolo has been ruled out of Friday's game alongside Josh Thomas & Sam Dwyer.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-03-11/injury-update-round-one

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Fas ruled out for lack of game time but they didn't him play in the vfl game on friday. Strange.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:55 pm

JC Hartley wrote:
Fasolo has been ruled out of Friday's game alongside Josh Thomas & Sam Dwyer.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-03-11/injury-update-round-one

It's not as bad as the previous couple of seasons but that's still 4 players most had in or about their best 22s (Reid, White, Thomas, Seedsman) and 5 players we all hoped would push for selection in 2014 (Freeman, Broomhead, Oxley, Karnezis, Scharenberg), not to mention Fasolo, Dwyer, and Martin. Remain hopeful Reid and White get through fitness tests but it's a long season so happy to be conservative. You'd imagine Fasolo, Dwyer, and Martin will all get heaps of VFL time over the next 2 weeks.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:55 pm

DP...
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 pm

He's had a fracture of a bone in the foot, he may not be right to play too much too often, but he'll get there. I reckon he'll come back through the VFL too, give him 75% game time initially etc. Relax - it's still pre season, we can be overly optimistic!

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: