Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match v Cats...all comments here thanks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Errors at the wrong times ultimately cost us the game. Unsettled and inexperienced teams will be like that, though. Cloke pantsed by Lonergan didn't help, and Swan was terrible. Blair just doesn't get enough of it and we fumble too much.

Generally had a dip and there were certainly some positives but lots of work to do.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:34 pm

That shitty kick from Swan when we had momentum and five points down in the dying minutes was terrible. So angry.
Steve86 Virgo

the free against grundy for putting his hand on hamish for one seconds in front of there goal sums up tonight. Where as cloke is smashed to the ground in a marking contest ( that he didn't mark so not sure how your allowed to grab someone and do that, but the cloke rule comes into play here) and no free awarded. With good ins next week we could have a good run of 3-4 weeks.
AN_Inkling 

Reckon Caff did a good job on Johnson. 20 touches and did not have his usual impact.

Time for Blair to go. He did kick 1 goal tonight, but only 11 touches and I just don't think he gives us much at all. He's not a quality forward and isn't strong enough to play in the centre square at AFL level. Kennedy needs to be playing in this team ahead of Blair.

Adams almost certain to be suspended. Josh Thomas the obvious replacement. Might be a better option anyway.

Not sure if Dwyer's injured but looks like he'll be out next week too even if not.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Once it became clear that Cloke wasn't going to get near a goal and Hawkins was going to get a bagful, we should have moved Cloke to full-back.
magpiemike Taurus

LEGEND. AMEN.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:36 pm

If Reid was fit, I'd have Cloke in the VFL next week. Couldn't take that shite for the rest of the season. Yep, he was fed a couple of shockers, but for one of the strongest and greatest contested marks in the game he really is playing poorly, and frankly dumb footy. 4 marks, no tackles, and not even a signature out on the full this week. I'm beginning to think we should have saved millions and gone hard at Cameron. (I also hope Cloke kicks 5 next week and makes me look like a goose. but that aint gonna happen.. even if his bitch Rance isn't playing)
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:37 pm

watt price tully wrote:
E wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:
Nothing to slash the wrists over. Can't complain about our effort and with a little bit of luck we could'e pinched it against a team that will be thereabouts for Top 4 this year.

So some good signs. Off the top of my head Maxwell, Lumumba, Grundy, Beams, Caff and obviously Elliot were my pick. Sidey, Cloke, Swan disappointing.

My belief in the Adams trade for Heater is getting worse by the week. I never wanted it but will obviously just have to build a bridge. If we had a full squad, he would be lucky to get into our top 30. (i.e. Brown, Sinclair, Reid, Williams, Seedsman, Thomas, Kennedy and even Kyle Martin from outside tonight's 22).

Sidey was fantastic! Re-watch the game.

Sidey played a good game tonight.

Sidey's kicking is shithouse. For all of his effort, he wastes most of it by not kicking to a teammates advantage.

DT56 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:38 pm

TheJonesBoy wrote:
Steel Sidebottom im looking at you....if I see him kick it to Clokes ankles one more time I'll lose the plot.

Totally agree .. has a dinky kick that goes high and takes an eternity to come down .. Steely always makes the easy look difficult
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:39 pm

watt price tully wrote:
E wrote:
blackandwhite4life wrote:
Nothing to slash the wrists over. Can't complain about our effort and with a little bit of luck we could'e pinched it against a team that will be thereabouts for Top 4 this year.

So some good signs. Off the top of my head Maxwell, Lumumba, Grundy, Beams, Caff and obviously Elliot were my pick. Sidey, Cloke, Swan disappointing.

My belief in the Adams trade for Heater is getting worse by the week. I never wanted it but will obviously just have to build a bridge. If we had a full squad, he would be lucky to get into our top 30. (i.e. Brown, Sinclair, Reid, Williams, Seedsman, Thomas, Kennedy and even Kyle Martin from outside tonight's 22).

Sidey was fantastic! Re-watch the game.

Sidey played a good game tonight.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but the last impression of his involvement in the last goal for hawkins probably does it for me. He's capable of a lot more.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

Agreed, Cloke gets nothing from the umps at all - but the bottom line is if he's being held - then its Bucks job to create a situation to free him up - I didn't see this all night.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

At least the Saints didn't beat West Coast tonight (after leading at half time) because them being 3 and 0 would have been too hard to bear. If we want to play finals this year we have to beat Richmond next week. That is non negotiable now.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

A lot of positives I thought. Remember we have at least half of our best back 6 missing. Brown, Sinclair & Williams. Reid could have played there as well. If Swan is injured then rest him. If he is not then he needs to go back to the VFL, because his defensive efforts are not good enough. I thought Maxy was pretty good but he got sucked up the ground on a number of occasions instead of helping out his junior team mate on Hawkins. When the ball was in the air Frosty was good, but we gave Hawkins too much room to run into. Especially when we have a spare man back. We had ruck dominance for most of the game but our mids did not take advantage of it.
My guess is Dwyer will be missing next week & Kennedy will slot in nicely up forward. We cannot complain about effort from the majority of the team tonight. They busted their arses off.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:41 pm

I can't win a game playing 30 mins of footy
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Grundy's going to need more help in the ruck at some stage, or a rest.

Tonight he had 20 hit outs in the first half (very impressive). But only 4 in the second half. Going against three different opponents proved too much in the end. We can't let such a quality young player be smashed around too often. Our lack of a senior ruck to help ease him in is a massive concern.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 pm

woftam wrote:
We cannot complain about effort from the majority of the team tonight.

I totally agree with that. But in truth isn't "effort" the last refuge of teams without enough skill or a decent game plan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14   

Jump to: