Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It’s black and white: Daisy’s no Blue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashman wrote:
David

Taking the high road to allow him to look down on everyone else.

I never said I was looking down on anyone. I think you're confusing "the high road" with a certain horse which I've temporarily left out in the paddock. Wink
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 am

David wrote:
You know it's not actually mandatory to behave like jilted exes whenever a player leaves for another club. I mean, you can if you like, but I'm glad at least a few on here have taken the high road. Some of us even still like Daisy a bit. Crazy, isn't it?

And you also know that it's not every player that leaves that gets treated with such contempt, right? (Or are you leaving that bit out for the sake of your holier than thou sermon?) It's the way they do it. And by most people's opinions, Dale behaved especially badly with his lying and poor behaviour. How can you deny that and defend him? It was appalling.

#SIDEBYSIDE
David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:58 am

I still don't necessarily believe he lied—it's possible, as some have suggested, that when he went on radio he still wasn't sure what offer he was going to receive from Carlton or whether Collingwood would match it. Either way, I'm not going to judge him from afar; nothing he's done has been particularly unethical or treacherous (although many would say that signing with the Blues qualifies automatically!). He did what he thought was best for his own football career and that was his decision to make as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not trying to offer sermons here, but I do think that most of the reaction to him leaving (as well as Malthouse joining Carlton) was/is hysterical and ridiculous. Those who hate his guts can say what they please on here (and they do, constantly); why can't an alternative opinion be offered?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:54 am

There are two stories here - in one, a young man of only 26 makes a decision about how to live out the one great chance his life offers - and he chooses to maximise his income and follow someone for whom he clearly has great respect. In the chronicle of a man's life, that's probably a sound thing to do.

In another storybook, a hero turns his back on the tribe that made him a champion,and spurning the adulation of the multitudes, joins its bitterest enemy in combat against them. His name should be calumniated by his tribe for all time, and their curse light upon all his efforts and achievements ever after.

Both stories are true - take your pick. On any given day, i indulge both. I wish him well, and yet hope that he and Carlton bitterly regret his treachery to my tribe. These are not compatible feelings, though both are true.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:07 am

Mugwump wrote:
There are two stories here - in one, a young man of only 26 makes a decision about how to live out the one great chance his life offers - and he chooses to maximise his income and follow someone for whom he clearly has great respect. In the chronicle of a man's life, that's probably a sound thing to do.

In another storybook, a hero turns his back on the tribe that made him a champion,and spurning the adulation of the multitudes, joins its bitterest enemy in combat against them. His name should be calumniated by his tribe for all time, and their curse light upon all his efforts and achievements ever after.

Both stories are true - take your pick. On any given day, i indulge both. I wish him well, and yet hope that he and Carlton bitterly regret his treachery to my tribe. These are not compatible feelings, though both are true.

Very well said & I agree. Most of us have felt a little of both.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:01 am

May he never sing their victory song!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:39 am

Mugwump wrote:

Pretty much sums it up for me as well.

On the flip side I view MM very differently and his behaviour during his last year of coaching the Pies defines him as a self indulgent week man who acts in a vengeful manner. In my mind he has proved that he has poor values and littlie strength of character. This is why he spends so much time attempting to convince people he is the man he would like to be but cannot be due to his limitations.

A person of strength would have done everything possible to win the flag, take the moral high ground and snatch the coaching position back from Bucks.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:19 am

Mugwump wrote:

This is a magnificent post mugwump. It highlights that 35 is entitled to feel his opinion as are others who view it from the other side of coin. What we could do without are the claims of idiocy and retardation aimed at other posters , which undermine those opinions. Great post.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:41 am

Thomas left because Mick Malthouse was made coach of Carlton.

It's pretty bloody simple.

P.S-Pushed?

My arse.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:00 pm

schuey07 wrote:
^ You clearly have mental issues.

Wow! A rhetorical masterpiece! You sure showed me! Questioning someone's sanity, I really must remember that!

PS, September Zeros, I agree about the sanity questions, but it doesn't bother me when they come my way, It's just another way of saying "I can't put up an intelligent argument". If such a statement was made by someone with half my intelligence it might concern me but that hasn't happened here.

We could've had Daisy for way less than 700 pa, but we offered him peanuts which is why he, being told he wasn't wanted, couldn't sign and forestall Carlton's offer. He wanted to stay - Fact. And he didn't lie about a damn thing. Collingwood's press dept on the other hand, DID lie, and handled the whole thing very badly, their lies were exposed by Heater and they replied with silence, having been vociferous about everything else.

He's producing quite well for Carlton, but has a lot of match conditioning to make up, when he does we will rue letting him go. As I write he's just run down the flank again and delivered beautifully to Waite, the Daisy of old, with no sign of injury. Another run down tackle! He's been a big part of Carlton's first win. He's also very popular among his new teammates as he was at Collingwood. It will always look wrong to see him in a filth jumper, but Collingwood and no one else caused that, just another part of the greatest cluster#$k in football history.

PS: Those who don't like reading long posts are very welcome to go ^%$# themselves and not read them, not that difficult really. I was reading each of Daisy's tweets and replying to many during the time he was dumped and there was no way he wanted to leave. he simply wasn't given a choice. Ain't one single person here who would hand over 300k, or even a quarter of that to keep fans happy. Football is a full-time job these days and one with a short earning span. Any player who doesn't want to do well for themselves during that time isn't very bright. So why Carlton? Pretty damn simple really! I just thank god I don't haft see him in Blue hoops, I hate Geelong Waay worse than I hate Carlton and Essendon.

I'll continue posting and earning your insults for as long as you care to prove your worthlessness by making them. Talk about water off a Ducks back! I show your stupidity to my wife sometimes (no, her name isn't Dale, but my dog is named Daisy) and we laugh our heads off at the way not very bright people suck down hooks like a big-mouth bass. So please don't stop! If one person learns something per 50 Ad-Hominum attacks I'll be more than happy.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:16 pm

Mugwump wrote:

What I learned today is that a shit thread can produce a golden post.

Thanks mugwump

David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Agreed. Well said Mugwump—helps explain the (sometimes internal) divergence of views here very well. I personally side with the first narrative but understand why many embrace the second at its expense.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Quote:
We could've had Daisy for way less than 700 pa, but we offered him peanuts which is why he, being told he wasn't wanted, couldn't sign and forestall Carlton's offer. He wanted to stay - Fact. And he didn't lie about a damn thing.

Fact - Unless you actually know someone with inside info, which is highly doubtful, then you are full of shit and need to stop passing off your opinions as fact.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Did no-one see the interview early in the year where Daisy stated " I went to the coach and told him I was leaving".

I have nothing against your rants but your lack of respect to the coach etc is insulting.

Bucks finally has the players playing with the intensity of 2010-2011 yet your so concerned about one player who doesn't win you football games, actually to be honest Daisy majority of the time butchered the ball when heading towards goal. $700k no way.

The only thing I agree with you is 35 is a great number, Daicos the only true magician, media etc saying Stevie Fnn J is a magician is an insult to Daics but hey that's another thread.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:36 am

He was a player with exciting potential, occasionally glimpsed, for 4 seasons. Everything clicked for a season and a half. Since then, he's been on a long spiral into mediocrity. No shame in that. He helped win a flag. He's just one of a long line of AFL players who didn't make the most of their talent.

Now, can we stop talking about the past and recruit Dangerfield?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18   

Jump to: