Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sidebottom 4 weeks, down to 3 with early plea

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Tannin wrote:
As to who comes in for him, duh. Swan comes in. Thomas stays, that's flat. Then we have Ball and Grundy looking to return, with Adams and Witts looking to hold their spots.

There is zero chance they won't stick with Seedy now that he has demonstrated his credentials - Seedy and Young both playing wing/half-back just gives us awesome scoring power the way those two break the lines and pin-point it in low and fast.

In short, Dave the Man is right: Sidey won't be particularly missed. He does some great stuff but not consistently enough. JT will only get better and better with four games in a row; Seedy should be a lock be then, and Sidebottom might have to start back in the seconds and wait for a space to open up for him.

Agree Tannin Swan in for Sidey and leave the rest alone unless we have other injuries (White may miss its his hand)
As for Sidey take the 3 weeks because if you miss 4 you might want to make friends quickly with the VFL coach because that's where you will be coming back through. If we beat the hawks (and right now they look beatable) then Bucks would be loathed to make changes.
Now before all the sidey fans get up in arms I've said for weeks now he isn't the same player he was last year. His consistency has dropped off.
When he is on (like quarter one last week) he is sensational after that (he had 11 touches in term one and 11 or 12 more for the remaining 3 quarters) he was quiet.
His disposal has been iffy for prolonged periods this year.
I couldn't see Bucks dropping him as I've said before but if we win the next 3 with him out then I don't think he automatically come back in like a Swan or Pendles or Beams would.
IMO I called 4 or 5 weeks down graded based on the fact he jumped, lifted his elbow and the player was subbed out. It looked a lot worse than it was but when you jump and elbow and a player missed the match basically you get what they throw at you.
No point in appealing there is no defense they will accept other than it is not in Sidey's game to do this.
Anyways time to move on and get ready for the Dee's they won't be a push over like the Aint's so I hope our players don't take them lightly or we may get a huge surprise.

This is a joke (and really says more about the high expectations you have for sidey rather than making any sense per se). I agree with you that his level of performance is below Beams and Pendles. However, to extrapolate such a statement and conclude that he is not an automatic selection in our team is crazy. Are Pendles and beams arguably the best two players in the comp at this moment? If not, there is at least an argument to be made.

In my opinion, Sidey is approaching (but not quite) elite. he would be one of the first 6 picked in nearly every side and certainly in Collingwood. Of course he is a loss and of course he comes straight back in.

Robbie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:18 pm
Post subject: Time to Show our NUMBERSReply with quote

As a Collingwood supporter of over sixty years, I have been reminded of the statistics being much the same in time. Now of course, even the dumbest individual would have to acknowledge the numbers suggest that the numbers do not equalise, and Collingwood receives the fewest frees every year.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Bring Swan in for Steele
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
C'mon! Goodes' incident was not even an 'incident'. I'm a little embarrassed to follow a game that even questions the Goodes supposed 'bump'.

As for Sidebottom ... STUPID act. You rarely need to jump in the air to grab the pill. Will be sorely missed vs Hawks. I'd even go as far as saying we have little hope vs Hawthorn without our best team on the park.

Was hoping for 3 to 2. 4 to 3 is a bitter pill to swallow. He'll essentially miss up to a month of footy, and will be rusty on return. Back for Carlton.

Steele won’t be missed that Much

Yeah, thankfully we've got Adams to cover for him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I wouldn't say that the hit was high impact.

He's got a week to many for mine.

Agree, merest glancing blow, just unfortunately perfectly placed.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:43 pm

A joke .... hardly touched him with zero intent to cause injury. Ablett deliberately elbows a bloke in the face, not once, multiple times, then the sook of the year gets nothing for what looked as bad as Sideys.... absolutely patgetuc pieces of shit, low life dof !
daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Just unlucky that he got him right on the button. St Kilda players neck snapped which results in him getting concussed. Always in trouble when the player didn't come back on. Take the 3 weeks a move on. 3 weeks on kicking practice maybe Wink
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:11 pm

collie dog wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I can't get my head around that being given 4 weeks after viewing the incident many times. Doesn't sit right. Bemused, to say the least.

It was a glancing blow on someone with a glass jaw. Much harder hits have been given two weeks or less this season. The sheer inconsistency of the MRP makes my blood boil.

Agree with you both. The penalty is too harsh. Four down to three doesn't make sense. Two weeks at best was the penalty.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Any other player from any other team and it would have been less than two weeks.

Weller not coming back was more likely a deliberate ploy by St Kilda to win 'something' out of the game.

Well played a$$holes.

They will be bottom four come seasons end, we've got a good chance to be top 4.

Very Happy
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 pm

As predicted, was always going to be high impact with the concussion, severe is for the broken jaw
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Boomer Harvey didn't get sited for a blatant punch in the mouth of a tagger.

Stuff the impact, it was a sneaky off the ball belt in the chops and deserved at least a week. MRP is consistently inconsistent and just leaves you confused week after week.

Steele deserved a couple and that's that. Worse incidents have gotten less (Darren Glass for one). Harsher penalties and less frees applied for Collingwood is almost an established fact now.

A pox on all of them.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:52 am

Does that remind you of GHOST? ?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 am

E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Tannin wrote:
As to who comes in for him, duh. Swan comes in. Thomas stays, that's flat. Then we have Ball and Grundy looking to return, with Adams and Witts looking to hold their spots.

There is zero chance they won't stick with Seedy now that he has demonstrated his credentials - Seedy and Young both playing wing/half-back just gives us awesome scoring power the way those two break the lines and pin-point it in low and fast.

In short, Dave the Man is right: Sidey won't be particularly missed. He does some great stuff but not consistently enough. JT will only get better and better with four games in a row; Seedy should be a lock be then, and Sidebottom might have to start back in the seconds and wait for a space to open up for him.

Agree Tannin Swan in for Sidey and leave the rest alone unless we have other injuries (White may miss its his hand)
As for Sidey take the 3 weeks because if you miss 4 you might want to make friends quickly with the VFL coach because that's where you will be coming back through. If we beat the hawks (and right now they look beatable) then Bucks would be loathed to make changes.
Now before all the sidey fans get up in arms I've said for weeks now he isn't the same player he was last year. His consistency has dropped off.
When he is on (like quarter one last week) he is sensational after that (he had 11 touches in term one and 11 or 12 more for the remaining 3 quarters) he was quiet.
His disposal has been iffy for prolonged periods this year.
I couldn't see Bucks dropping him as I've said before but if we win the next 3 with him out then I don't think he automatically come back in like a Swan or Pendles or Beams would.
IMO I called 4 or 5 weeks down graded based on the fact he jumped, lifted his elbow and the player was subbed out. It looked a lot worse than it was but when you jump and elbow and a player missed the match basically you get what they throw at you.
No point in appealing there is no defense they will accept other than it is not in Sidey's game to do this.
Anyways time to move on and get ready for the Dee's they won't be a push over like the Aint's so I hope our players don't take them lightly or we may get a huge surprise.

This is a joke (and really says more about the high expectations you have for sidey rather than making any sense per se). I agree with you that his level of performance is below Beams and Pendles. However, to extrapolate such a statement and conclude that he is not an automatic selection in our team is crazy. Are Pendles and beams arguably the best two players in the comp at this moment? If not, there is at least an argument to be made.

In my opinion, Sidey is approaching (but not quite) elite. he would be one of the first 6 picked in nearly every side and certainly in Collingwood. Of course he is a loss and of course he comes straight back in.

E I agree Sidey is a very good player and perhaps I am being a little harsh but stats don't lie. His effiency is down to 53% from mid to high 60's from previous 2 seasons. His 3 missed goals from within 25-30 a couple weeks ago I think said volumes of a player off the mark a bit.
First quarter last week 2 absolute gems passes into our 50 that led to goals.
But I base my opinion on the premise that if we beat the hawks dees & dogs would Bucks change the side ? IMO I doubt he would as he has shown he is a loyal coach and even sticks solid with players down of form.
He may well come straight back in but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.
Cheers E love a healthy debate.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:12 am

^Funny, Sidebottom being lauded On the Couch last night as being a rare commodity, a player with an ability to use his non-preferred foot and get space accordingly.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:14 am

Try putting that in a more specific context.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: