Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Essendon players issued with show cause notices

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Lets see how many players from clubs other than Essendon have got the letters.

At least 3, players now at other clubs.

But all players who were at Essendon in 2012?

Yeah, I'm bad with names, but I'm pretty sure three are at other clubs now.

They might be left with that bald bastard, and mr Kleenex.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Three's enough for the HS article to be incorrect. They are not all Essendon players Wink.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:13 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-must-fight-legality-of-asadaafl-investigation-after-show-cause-notices-issued-mark-robinson-writes/story-fni5f0at-1226952408308
Robbo again showing his compromised position on this issue. Is he seriously demanding that Essendon drag this issue out on a technicality and damn the rest of the competition and the good of the game?

The arrogance of this club is just gobsmacking and my suspicion that Robbo won his journalism degree in a pub raffle is close to confirmed.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:19 pm

crameri - dogs, gumbleton - dockers, monfries - port
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:45 pm

That's a shame.
Animal 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Can't believe this thread has been moved. What a bloody joke
Well the one I always think of is the Port Adelaide final in 2002. It was just one of the most disciplined team performances that I have ever witnessed - be it in football or any other team sport - NB
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:06 am

Cam wrote:
crameri - dogs, gumbleton - dockers, monfries - port
ta Wink
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:32 am

Interesting development about these show-cause notices especially at a stage where Swanny was front-page news Razz

This is going to be a very long process by the looks of it, but I wonder whether the deluded Essendon fans will actually start to finally figure out that their messiah James Hird is nothing but a disgrace to the game for the way he did this to the players and wasn't interested in the players welfare especially if they were taking substances that were fit for humans as it's been alleged in some instances.

Part of me feels sympathy for the players involved, but those involved at the top of Essendon's hierarchy need to be held to account for this especially if it's proven that the Essendon players were using illegal performance-enhancing substances. This will set the club back a long time especially if they pursue the avenue of court to reach a resolution on this matter.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:37 am

Looks like lazy work by ASADA. Send a letter to everyone on the list and hope someone cracks. They may as well get the WWE people to do it. This an entire blight on sports administration in this country from club, AFL and ASADA. The political gain has gone and all that is left is that a number of atletes are looking at losing the dream. and what does Aurora Andruska bring to the table as a consultant.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:12 am

Each player has to individually prove to the ADVRP, which met today by the way, that they injected the unbanned version of Thymosin. Which is going to be impossible considering they actually had the banned Thymosin injected. ASADA and the retired judge are comfortably satisfied the evidence is enough to place the violations on the register of findings. There is also the fact that Essendon and the doctors and nurses did not keep records or the club destroyed records and now cannot miraculously produce some old record to prove they only used the good Thymosin.

Infraction notices will be issued and the the tribunal will sit to consider the evidence and the recommended sanctions from the ADVRP. Before all this takes place some loose cannon players such as Monfries who feel no loyalty could come forward to claim a whistleblower discount. Or the AFLPA in their meeting tomorrow with ASADA after seeing the damning evidence in the show cause notices might start to persuade some players to begin voluntary bans and get it over with. Or the seventeens other clubs could lean on Little and tell him to stop buying the players loyalty by paying all the legal fees or demand Essendon advise the players to take their punishment and not drag this out with appeals and courts for another two payers when they are likely to lose anyway. They could threaten to take Essendon's licence away for a while.

In the end the players will be banned and Essendon is stuffed for quite a while. I feel for the level headed supporters who can see things clearly. If lawyers get heavily involved lots of players and staff's lives will be massively disrupted and everyone will lose except Little's lawyers.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:50 am

Crameri's wife appeared to suggest her husband had already gotten one by her tirade that was on Facebook a few weeks ago on a Western Bulldogs group. Unless of course there was a bit of talk about him getting one back then, seemed a very strange rant which suggested he'd already got it but AFL360 were tryin to suggest he didn't.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:17 am

As much as I'm keen to see Essendon held to account over this, the inevitable appearance of show cause notices is just a further step in ensuring that the players are made scapegoats for the unethical and manipulative decisions of their superiors. The real villains of the piece are Hird, Thompson, Dank, Robinson and the rest of the Essendon administration who allowed this to take place under their watch, and they and their club should be severely punished. Unfortunately, it seems that their sanctions will be minor compared to that inflicted on the young men who placed faith in their club's hierarchical structure.

If any good can come out of this, perhaps it will be a stronger AFLPA and less tolerance for authoritarian club structures. But that's being very optimistic.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:27 am

perthmagpie wrote:
Each player has to individually prove to the ADVRP, which met today by the way, that they injected the unbanned version of Thymosin. Which is going to be impossible considering they actually had the banned Thymosin injected. ASADA and the retired judge are comfortably satisfied the evidence is enough to place the violations on the register of findings. There is also the fact that Essendon and the doctors and nurses did not keep records or the club destroyed records and now cannot miraculously produce some old record to prove they only used the good Thymosin.

Infraction notices will be issued and the the tribunal will sit to consider the evidence and the recommended sanctions from the ADVRP. Before all this takes place some loose cannon players such as Monfries who feel no loyalty could come forward to claim a whistleblower discount. Or the AFLPA in their meeting tomorrow with ASADA after seeing the damning evidence in the show cause notices might start to persuade some players to begin voluntary bans and get it over with. Or the seventeens other clubs could lean on Little and tell him to stop buying the players loyalty by paying all the legal fees or demand Essendon advise the players to take their punishment and not drag this out with appeals and courts for another two payers when they are likely to lose anyway. They could threaten to take Essendon's licence away for a while.

In the end the players will be banned and Essendon is stuffed for quite a while. I feel for the level headed supporters who can see things clearly. If lawyers get heavily involved lots of players and staff's lives will be massively disrupted and everyone will lose except Little's lawyers.

Perthmagpie well documented article. I understand there will be a long legal battle as Essendon have always denied doing wrong but they must prove they have done right which is impossible given the circumstances you stated above.
I do feel for he players as they put there trust in there employers and they got systematically got screwed over.
What I am more concerned about is the overall effect this has on the competition.
What happens if 34 players are given 2yr suspensions ?
How do Essendon fill 31 places on there list ?
How do they pay the 31 new players as well as meeting there legal contractual obligations to the 31 suspended players and stay under the salary cap ?
The AFL have a huge problem in front of them and I can't help the conspiracy theorist in me wondering about the timing of Dimi's departure ? Any one else think its strange ?
I wonder now far in advance he knew when the notices would be issued and now that helped him decide on when he would stand down ?
To fill Essendons list they would basically need a full draft given to them so they could trade for other players but what does that do to the Aints and dogs and dee's and lions who will all need some serious list building this draft. Also you have teams like Carlton Richmond west coast Adelaide who will want to try and avoid a complete rebuild.
And to think all this was orchestrated by one James Hird who so far has been enjoying a fully paid year off as well and highly paid job waiting for him upon his return.
I really don't know what will happen here. There are bigger issues above the fact 34 players are facing career ending bans. 2 - 4yr bans which is what they face would end the career of nearly all of them.
Wow the more I think about it the more I dont know a solution.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:31 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Three's enough for the HS article to be incorrect. They are not all Essendon players Wink.

Shucks. Razz

29 current Essendon players, 3 who are playing AFL elsewhere but were at Essendon during 2012 (named above) and 2 others who must be no longer playing AFL but are playing at a lower level. I'd guess KReimers would be one of them, any guesses for another?

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 am

This could take years. How can hird come back and coach next year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16   

Jump to: